What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

Just finished watching all 5 series back to back over the last month or 2.

Every episode was just captivating. I found that there was a subtle dark comedy factor as well.

The cinematography was amazing, never seen anything filmed in the same way before.

The character development was just so well done.

The plot was perfect.

I never look at car washes the same way lol.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just finished watching the final season. I had previously watched seasons 1-4 before last one came out and re-watched them before seeing the finale. I was hesitant to watch because Walt and Jesse were in a pretty good place after killing Gus and I knew they were gonna go down hill from there. I wanted all our main characters to live happily ever after.

Such an amazing show. One I those shows where even though it's finished I want to know what happens to the (surviving) characters next.

Loved the alternate ending on the DVD too :lol:

Someone

Bench
tbh i dont see how it'll be entertaining, bob odenkirk was a great side character but taking up the main role will be challenging.

Ill give it a go but im expecting about a 6.5-7/10 tv show.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Finished it a few days, after starting on it a few months ago.

Loved it, & I miss not watching it every weekend. Loved the slow pace of it all, & how they spent time on characters.

Loved Gustavo v Hector. Gus was the scariest character on the whole show IMO.

I almost cried when Hank was killed. In the last couple of seasons, I saw him as the hero of the story. Andrea getting killed was heartbreaking as well.

The ending was predictable, but satisfying. So glad that gutless bitch Lydia died a slow, agonising death, & had time to think on it. I despised her character - happy to have people killed, but never gets any blood on her hands.

Ultimately, nobody won:
Marie loses her husband.
Jr gets all that money but loses his uncle who he thinks his father killed.
Jessie is free, but will be traumatized for life.

Enjoyable, but sad story.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
funny-pictures-breaking-bad-meth-czech-republic.jpg

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ultimately, nobody won:
Marie loses her husband.
Jr gets all that money but loses his uncle who he thinks his father killed.
Jessie is free, but will be traumatized for life.

Enjoyable, but sad story.

I'm pretty sure that was the aim. Similar to Requiem for a dream. No winners.

Aragorn

First Grade
Yep, easily the best mini-series EVER.

I loved the key themes of family, that everything you do has consequences, that life isnt fair, nor does it always have a happy ending. Its got some pretty heavy themes in there.

I also found myself with a moral struggle around Jesse and Walter as the" good guys". I think its because we knew them so well, but in fact, these two in society are the "bad guys", the villians that you're suppose to root against. I guess its human nature for us to side me with them because we're sitting in their seats and seeing their biased views of life and the decisions they make.

All in all powerful mini-series and well deserved for all the accolades and awards they received.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yep, easily the best mini-series EVER.

I loved the key themes of family, that everything you do has consequences, that life isnt fair, nor does it always have a happy ending. Its got some pretty heavy themes in there.

I also found myself with a moral struggle around Jesse and Walter as the" good guys". I think its because we knew them so well, but in fact, these two in society are the "bad guys", the villians that you're suppose to root against. I guess its human nature for us to side me with them because we're sitting in their seats and seeing their biased views of life and the decisions they make.

All in all powerful mini-series and well deserved for all the accolades and awards they received.

I always wonder about this with anti-heroes.

If the Skylar was the main character, we'd probably sympathize with her, & despise Walter.

Misanthrope

Staff member
No amount of creative shooting and script doctoring could make Skylar anything less than a f**king obnoxious twat-monster.

Aragorn

First Grade
No amount of creative shooting and script doctoring could make Skylar anything less than a f**king obnoxious twat-monster.

when she was giving Hank that hand job earlier in series, I was thinking, yeah, my kind of women.... she did go downhill from there (excuse the pun).

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
yep, for some reason every successful show requires atleast one character that you just want to headbutt whenever they are on screen and has no chance of being killed off and she fits that role (although closer to the 5th season she would have had to take a big deep breath and do a bit of struggling to fit into it ;) )

Aragorn

First Grade
yep, for some reason every successful show requires atleast one character that you just want to headbutt whenever they are on screen and has no chance of being killed off and she fits that role (although closer to the 5th season she would have had to take a big deep breath and do a bit of struggling to fit into it ;) )

as in life, there's always those annoying people you cant get rid of no matter how hard you try - for me, it my nagging bloody parents.

love'em, cant kill'em.

:lol:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
atleast jesse occasionally got the shit beaten out of him and was enjoyable because on occasion you felt like doing it yourself

Latest posts