What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sacked

Slackboy72

Coach
When we look back at 2014 are we going to remember the nines tournament? Maybe.
Are we going to remember the premiers? Probably.
Are we going to remember State of Origin? Definitely.
But the one thing we will all remember from this year, the biggest story in league for 2014, some tattooed bogan from goulburn pissing in his own mouth.

That's rugby league.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Thank him for being the catalyst for getting a grub like Carney out of the game. And ask him if he can get a similar photo of Lui.

Valheru

Coach
Given the (clearly ridiculous) story that the photo was taken on a phone, then SMS'd to someone, then that phone was lost, then whoever found that phone must have looked through the photos and spread the word,

Lol, do they actually expect us to believe this?

bazza

Immortal
Given the (clearly ridiculous) story that the photo was taken on a phone, then SMS'd to someone, then that phone was lost, then whoever found that phone must have looked through the photos and spread the word, wouldn't there actually be some minor criminal charges involved in how the photo was obtained?

If you find an item it doesn't automatically become yours, so I would imagine that there could be a case argued that whoever published the photo initially could be considered to be stealing.

Thats if you believe the geniused lost phone story though, which I don't. Much more likely the dumbass friend who took the photo sent it to another dumbass and that dumbass thought it would be funny to share it to someone else... eventually someone put it on twitter.

The lost phone story is at least a change from my brother/dad/mum used my twitter account line...

bazza

Immortal
I think that the people who should be punished are the venue that obviously didn't provide enough glasses

Sleep

Juniors
Why do footballers and their deadshit friends continue to come up with the token "lost my phone", "mate had my phone", "dad had my phone" & "my phone was hacked".

It would be nice if once, just once, one of these losers would man up and admit they were at fault instead of playing the victim card. It goes to show a complete lack of any intelligence or a set of balls.

f**king pussies.

bileduct

Coach
I can see why people were initially pointing the finger at the Goodwin family.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tes-john-lehmann/story-fni3fbgz-1226972926482

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Goodwin family desperately tried to stop the photo going viral on Saturday night.

Brother Luke Goodwin, a former NRL star, began contacting Facebook users after 10.30pm on Saturday, asking them to delete the photo from their pages.

His brother-in-law, Rabbitohs player Joel Reddy, also sent messages to social media users on Sunday asking them to delete comments naming Goodwin.
When Grayson Goodwin was banned for 26 weeks after posting a homophobic slur about Matt Cecchin one of his friends came forward and took the blame:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...tweet-as-a-prank/story-fni0cx12-1226912775284

Goodwin, who plays for Cabramatta Two Blues, told the NSWRL a friend tweeted the message when he went to the toilet and he removed it when he returned. But it had already been retweeted by about 30 others.

The NSWRL refused to accept the testimony of the man who claimed to have posted the message and notified Goodwin by letter that he had been kicked out of the competition until September 20.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
When we look back at 2014 are we going to remember the nines tournament? Maybe.
Are we going to remember the premiers? Probably.
Are we going to remember State of Origin? Definitely.
But the one thing we will all remember from this year, the biggest story in league for 2014, some tattooed bogan from goulburn pissing in his own mouth.

That's rugby league.

I'll remember it for the Canberra Raiders fan that pissed himself on a bus and the fact someone had an orgasm because a Frenchman scored a try

PS Love the signature comment from Babyface O Reilly - how long have you saved that one for?

Last edited:

McNulty

Juniors
Didn't Lachlan Murdoch pay $250,000 for the Packer/Gyngell punch up?

I don't see an issue with the bloke asking for a reward for providing an image the newspaper would make money out of.

If the reports in the paper from the NRL regarding considering not registering a contract for Carney with any other club is true then the NRL then I think this is a serious turn of events. One that we shouldn't blithely ignore either.

Now let's believe Todd for one minute and accept that the "bubbling" photo is one of those "leaning tower of Pisa" photos or planking where a picture is designed to look like something it's not.

In that context what we have is a harmless prank among mates that managed to make it's way into the light of day. Embarrassing for the Sharks maybe - but surely sacking someone based on a trial by media without hearing what the people involved have got to say and without the full facts - surely has the potential to be more embarrassing to the club than a prank photo.

Now the Sharks probably do want to look at their "culture" and try and decide who they want to represent their club - but sacking someone in this manner is not the way to start a culture change. It smacks of desperate acts by a desperate club that are basically clueless and are happy to remain so.

I hope the NRL seriously looks at all aspects of this case before talking any further about blocking Todds future in the game.

Does it really matter if the piss touched his mouth or if it was 1cm away? The image has the same effect either way and to even try and create an illusion of pissing in your mouth is plain stupid. It's not something a normal person does and isn't the kind of stupidity you want associated with your club is it...

nick87

Coach
I'm taking it your are a saint nick ?

Certain not.
But a few things i can hold over a few NRL players, including Mr Carney

Lets play the "I never" game

- I have never driven drunk, least of all been charged and have a conviction recorded for Mid Range Drink Driving
- I have never had my license suspended for a day, least of all 5 years.
- I have never lead police on a high speed car chase
- I have never been before a judge, much less sentenced to 200 hours community service
- I have never urinated on a patron at a pub
- I have never recieved a 12 month suspended jail sentence
- I have never taken naked photos of myself on a loan phone, and then been dumb enough not to delete them before handing the phone back to Telstra
- I have never deliberately set a another man's pants on fire, causing injury
- I have never been sacked by 1 employer, much less 3.
- I have never tried to piss in my own mouth, much less been photographed doing it.
- I have never, literally and figuratively pissed millions up against my own face

I dont think this is a list of acts that warrant sainthood, they just appear to me to be things that should be expected of any normal, respectable human being, least of all one who is idolised by young children and has the responsiblity to conduct himself accordingly, he's is remunerated for this inconvenience by being paid STACKS AND STACKS of money to play football for a living, with the only expectation placed on his behaviour being "Don't break the law or create a situation that brings embarrassment to the code that pays your bills"

It's a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts