What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - turnstile

Avenger

Immortal
He has been down on form for a few weeks now. His kicking game is awful both long and short. His defence is shocking. He lacks pace. The Warriors targetted him all game. He is on at least $400K. What the f**k were we thinking ?

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't think he lacks pace.

But your other points are spot on. Decision making, especially on last tackles, has been his biggest weakness.

strider

Post Whore
i'm still on hte fence about him - tho I always believed we likely overpaid

I'm quite disappointed in his defense at times .... he can tackle but is often soft ... I expect better for a guy with decent size

Y2Eel

First Grade
He has been shocking all year only hidden by the fact we have been playing some good footy..

Kicking game is terrible.

Defence worse in the league...

Matterson would do a better job he has about a par kicking game but defence is around 100 times better.

Avenger

Immortal
i'm still on hte fence about him - tho I always believed we likely overpaid

I'm quite disappointed in his defense at times .... he can tackle but is often soft ... I expect better for a guy with decent size

Sounds stupid but I noticed his skinny little arms on the Avenger big screen tonight. Maybe that's why he can't tackle.

T.S Quint

Coach
Pace off the mark he does. He has been awful for a while now.

Maybe, but that's not a deciding factor in whether he is a good half or not. If he has it it's a more than handy bonus.
He should be judged on his passing (which can be very good), kicking (which is lacklustre), decision making (which borders on horrific) and defence (which actually is horrific).

T.S Quint

Coach
I haven't seen much of Matterson, but from what I saw today he ain't ready.

May have just been an off day though.

Avenger

Immortal
Maybe, but that's not a deciding factor in whether he is a good half or not. If he has it it's a more than handy bonus.
He should be judged on his passing (which can be very good), kicking (which is lacklustre), decision making (which borders on horrific) and defence (which actually is horrific).

Which means he is no better than the great Adam Dykes. Forget the number 7 curse the number 6 is a close second.

Forty20

First Grade
I haven't seen much of Matterson, but from what I saw today he ain't ready.

May have just been an off day though.

Was far from his best today but by the same token that is an indication of areas that need to be improved. His involvement was down and his short kicking options were by the large quite poor.

Build him slowly towards a 2015 debut and avoid blooding him in the current active roster unless our injury crisis deepens even further to catastrophic levels.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was poor tonight but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe, there is so many passengers at this club I don't know where to start.

Avenger

Immortal
He was poor tonight but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe, there is so many passengers at this club I don't know where to start.
I do.

I would f**k off:

Ben Smith
Moimoi
Morgan
Joseph Paulo
Darcy Lussick
Sandow
Luke Kelly
Isaac Degois
Mitchell Allgood
Justin Hunt
Corey Norman

That's 11 in our Top 25 already and that's just from the top of my head.

Chipmunk

Coach
He was a poor defender when he played in the line at the Broncos, with a 20% plus missed tackle rate.

He got the good money because we were wooden spooners, were currently running last and he wanted to play in the 6.

There was a reason why the Broncos didn't want to keep him in the line...

Green River Eel

Juniors
Normans a dead set passenger and pretender, i said it when we signed him.
He is a very poor 5/8, he has been very over rated this year by eels fans, he lacks basically every trait of a good 5/8 accept he has a passing game, he has poor vision, no kicking game, poor defence, poor reading of general play, zero options on the oppositions line apart from waving players behind him to make it look like he is doing something and he does it so obviously the opposition can see it and read it, he wont attack the line and has zero running game, the guys a joke, easily in the worst 5/8s in the comp, he is Adam Dykes mk11, but because eels fans are so used to mediocrity they seem to think he is great.
He is fekking useless.

Dud signing.

A great way to judge the worthiness of a signing is to gauge the fans mood of the players previous team once they learn of the signing.

If Manly fans discover DCE had signed with the Broncos there would be a LOT of pissed off, angry fans. They may not go to the extreme of Cleveland/Miami fans when they found out about Lebron James intentions in 2010 and a few days ago, but their mood would be easily noticeable.

At the other extreme you get how Broncos fan felt once they discovered Corey Norman signed with the Eels. They weren't angry. They weren't upset.
They were happy.
Not at all a good sign.
Not at all a good signing.