What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling Trivia

nöyd

Staff member
Isn't the strap match with Savio Vega the one where the power went out in the arena?

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
The only recollection I have of that match is that If Savio Vega Won, The Million Dollar man would have to leave the WWF and if Steve Austin won, Savio would be his Dibiase's Chauffeur.

Would be interesting if that was the match where the power went out.

Valheru

Coach
Yep correct answer is Savio vega so Valiant Raider gets it :)

Vega beat Austin on an episode of superstars whilst masked i.e. he tricked Austin ala DDP/Savage the following year. The strap match was at IYH and the power did indeed go out, pretty sure Austin won that one though.

Vega also gave the rock his first televised loss, not sure where/when that one was.

EDIT:

Vega did indeed win the strap match however the superstars match was prior to that.

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
That's a good one, I actually don't recall how early he used the Tombstone, whether it was as early as his Survivor Series debut (so would be one of the Dream Team - Dusty/Hart Foundation/Koko), at Wrestlemania (Snuka), or what.

First thought was Wrestlemania, so will go with Snuka.
Second thought was Survivor Series, so if not Snuka then probably Koko B Ware or Bret (doubt Anvil or Dusty would've taken a piledriver). Can't actually visualise how the match panned out apart from Dusty & Undertaker being counted out.

Otherwise some random jobber like that guy that used to always wear the long silver/grey tights (remember him being against a bunch of people on the short WWF clips that used to show on "Mobil Sport", a variety sports show in NZ in the early 90s hosted by Clint Brown).

Speaking of the early Survivor Series events, I used to love looking at the teams in the WWF magazine from those years, as we didn't get the tapes till long after the magazine came out. Anyone else used to look at those team pics and imagine how the fights would pan out, back in the day?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
So as Evil Mush has done a good enough theory, and by process of elimination (no pun intended) that he said Snuka, I'll go and say Brett Hart

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Haha, yeah I like to overcomplicate things. So my answer is Snuka, with all the other stuff after irrelevant, right or wrong!

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Haha, damn I have to think of a question now! You go Shaun and I'll post one up as a bonus when my brain can think of something!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Ok, I'll change it over to a WCW question (still 'rassling' trivia)
Probably going to be an easy one, during a cruiserweight battle royal, to determine the number 1 contender, Chris Jericho introduced the participants. Who won the battle royal, and how was he dressed?

Evil_Mush

Juniors
That Battle Royal was awesome from start (Jericho's hilarious introductions) to finish (the Ciclope/Malenko reveal and insane pop, followed by beatdown). One of my favourite WCW moments (that whole Jericho/Malenko/conspiracy saga was gold)!!!

The Headbangers were 2 time Tag Team Champions on WWF TV, but only one of those reigns was the WWF Tag Team Title.

What was the other Tag Team Championship they won, and who did they beat for the title?