What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was injured too

butchmcdick

Immortal
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-06/reynolds-played-through-pain-for-bulldogs/5791762

Josh Reynolds played most of NRL grand final for Canterbury Bulldogs with busted shoulder
Posted about 8 hours agoMon 6 Oct 2014, 12:13am

PHOTO: Bulldogs player Josh Reynolds looks dejected after full-time. (Getty: Renee McKay)
RELATED STORY: Burgess inspires Rabbitohs to end title droughtRELATED STORY: NRL grand final: South Sydney v Canterbury as it happenedRELATED STORY: Inglis wins a premiership that counts
MAP: Sydney 2000
Sam Burgess was not the only grand finalist with a heroic tale to tell on Sunday, with Canterbury five-eighth Josh Reynolds revealing he played most of the NRL decider with a busted shoulder.

An emotional Reynolds was confined to a sling post-match and said he was fearing the worst after feeling his shoulder pop out early in the contest.

The Bulldogs' star will seek scans on Monday but it would appear he is headed for off-season surgery on his left shoulder.

It has been a roller coaster ride for Reynolds this season after he was part of New South Wales's historic State of Origin triumph, and the 25-year-old made it clear he did not want any sympathy.

"I don't want to sound like a sob story but I did it pretty early," Reynolds said.

"I felt it before (on the right) side and fingers crossed it's not as bad.

"It's probably not good. I'm trying to be positive but I probably wouldn't have this (sling) on.

"I think it might have popped out. I felt it, and I've done it before so I think it was close to that.

"But there was no excuse. I don't want anyone to think this was anything because I'd go through that for these boys any day of the week."

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I would pay someone money to create a youtube clip of this interview, with a tumbleweed blowing past in the background.

The story of how a largely untalented halve grubbed his way to play in an Origin series drought breaker and make a GF is better than any busted cheekbone or heroic injury story.

Vic Mackey

Referee
To be fair. Reynolds could have had both legs amputated, gone back on and kicked the match winning field goal and all we'd hear about is burgesses sore face

Cammo

Bench
League Unlimited keyboard heroes on the warpath in this thread.

Posters on this forum are such cowards

Cammo

Bench
What does this mean? Do you want to meet up and fight or something

No, it means the cowards on here will sit behind their keyboards and post crap, but if they ever met any players face to face they would soil themselves.

Y2Eel

First Grade
No, it means the cowards on here will sit behind their keyboards and post crap, but if they ever met any players face to face they would soil themselves.

How else are you supposed to post on a forum??

I would laugh so hard if i saw poor Joshy in the street..

That hair...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
League Unlimited keyboard heroes on the warpath in this thread.

Posters on this forum are such cowards

Nice Bulldogs avatar.

Not all of us are blessed enough to have access to conversation with Josh Reynolds. We have an opinion that he is a grub, overrated, and we all think this 'I was injured too' stuff is funny. So we post about it.

Latest posts