What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terminator: Genesis

t-ba

Post Whore
Wow...I am really looking forward to this but it would apppear it will be more in a can't tear my eyes away from a car crash kind of looking forward to it...

some11

Referee
FWIW those promo shots are the worst ever.

It was for Entertainment Weekly, blame whoever approved that shit.

Promo shots should only ever be taken during film shoots or taken from final cut, and if it's an actor shoot do it out of character.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The license rights to Terminator revert back to James Cameron in 2019. The current license holders are really desperate to squeeze in another trilogy before that happens. It's got a little further to go before hitting rock bottom IMO.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah Terminator 3 was the only one I haven't liked. A rush job that even Arnie didn't want to be in, but was contractually obligated.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'll admit, the stuff I am hearing about this movie has me worried about how it will all work.
But I'll still keep an open mind until I at least see a trailer. I thought Pirates of the Caribbean sounded like the dumbest thing ever, but it ended up being fantastic (the Black Pearl of course...not the sequels).

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah no shit, usually happens after signing a $30 million contract to be in it.

Yes and it's saying something when he was willing to say goodbye to that payday. He was going to start his political career then but he had signed on to do a 3rd movie years before.

Yes and it's saying something when he was willing to say goodbye to that payday. He was going to start his political career then but he had signed on to do a 3rd movie years before.

Preview looks cool. Looks like they are send terminators back in time to terminator 1 and 2 eras. Has a t1000 in it. Looks like it's mostly based in the past and not post judgement day.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It looks like they start with a rebooted terminator 1 except when Reese gets back Sarah/Arnie have already killed a Terminator so she's more badass than she was in the first Terminator.

It does look like a combo of one and two with T1000 and the well worn "we can stop Judgement Day for good" angle.

The only thing about the trailers that made we cringe were the "come with me if you want to live" and "I'll be back" lines. Sometimes you just have to let some lines go and come up with something new.

elyod138

Bench
Trailer looks good apart from the bs over the top action bits at the end. Why does every action movie today have to have a helicopter crash/fight/jump scene?

The timeline seems like a big mess, hopefully they explain it well to sell the audience.

Last edited: