What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2019

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol so you're saying Mitchell Moses is the equivelant of a Brett Morris?

Of course not. I've always found the reasoning that a player must be better because they've won a Comp ridiculous. I guess history will forever show Luke Phillips as a better fullback then Jarryd Hayne.

For the record IMO Keary is definitely a better player then Moses right now. However keep in mind that he is nearly 3 years older then him and has come into a team high on success for 3 years with a dominant forward pack and stable backline. Ideally Moses would have finished the year playing 20s and then another year in nsw cup. Due to the horrific injury toll this year he was throw in at the deep end and performed as well as could be expected, especially considering he needed groin surgery after his third game but played the season out because, well, there was no one else.

BranVan3000

Coach
Of course not. I've always found the reasoning that a player must be better because they've won a Comp ridiculous. I guess history will forever show Luke Phillips as a better fullback then Jarryd Hayne.

For the record IMO Keary is definitely a better player then Moses right now. However keep in mind that he is nearly 3 years older then him and has come into a team high on success for 3 years with a dominant forward pack and stable backline. Ideally Moses would have finished the year playing 20s and then another year in nsw cup. Due to the horrific injury toll this year he was throw in at the deep end and performed as well as could be expected, especially considering he needed groin surgery after his third game but played the season out because, well, there was no one else.
Brett Morris has won a premiership though

And I don't think winning a Premiership is enough alone but when the player in question plays a huge role in leading the team towards that victory it is

half_back

Juniors
I hope Moses lives up to the hype although the jury must be out at this point. I have seen Moses since he played Harold Matts for Parramatta and he has always been good without being great. His size is obviously an issue and the Tigers can't really afford to carry two halves with defensive issues. The other concern is what is his actual position? He had one great game at fullback but I don't think anyone would consider him a fullback. He has played in the halves and hooker coming through but IMO doesnt have the complete skillset for either position in the NRL let alone Origin. He may play six but I still have my doubts he can cut it in the NRL there. Age based footy is a completely different ball game. Let's hope he develops and is given the opportunity to do so away from first grade.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I had my doubts but his defence in the NRL was actually very good, much better then brooks.

I thought Moses looked better brooks did in his NYC/nsw appearances, but then they are very different players. I'll be interested to see how Taylor plays them. Coming through the grades they played a traditional half/five eighth I.e first and second reciever. Being stuck on the left side all year didn't suit brooks. Moses playing fullback suited him in first grade as the roaming role is similar to how he's always played.

Being an ex halfback I'm hoping Taylor lets them play this way instead of the boring comventinal left/right side halves of today.

Noname36

First Grade
One is a Premiership winning half. The other has played one good game of first grade for a bottom 8 team

FTR I'm not sold on either Keary or Moses yet but this is terrible logic. Mitchell Pearce is a premiership winning half too. I'd be very interested to see how Keary went out of Souths structure and without that forward pack put it that way. Not saying he won't make it, but playing in a premiership winning side surrounded by superstars and good coaching doesn't say much at all.

Last edited:
1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Waqa Blake
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Blake Ferguson
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Nathan Peats
10. David Klemmer
11. Tevita Pangai
12. Tepai Moeria
13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Willis Meehan
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jack Bird

isaiah

Bench
1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Waqa Blake
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Blake Ferguson
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Nathan Peats
10. David Klemmer
11. Tevita Pangai
12. Tepai Moeria
13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Willis Meehan
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jack Bird
4 of these will have to turn their careers around already.

T.T

Juniors
my prediction. James Tedesco will become the greatest player to never play origin.

Once Daley picks moylan he will never drop him guaranteed

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Waqa Blake
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Blake Ferguson
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Nathan Peats
10. David Klemmer
11. Tevita Pangai
12. Tepai Moeria
13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Willis Meehan
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jack Bird

lol! dogs and eels has a high opinion on players way too early

Lol how good was I? No one even heard of Latell Mitchell last year, Blake and Trbojevic were just starting out then, Klemmer had yet to play origin, Bryce Cartwright and Jack Bird are on the verge of being selected for SOO debut.

Fifita and Merrin are already proven players, Peats and Moeroa look the goods and no one has heard of Tevita Pangai yet but you sure will soon enough.

Clifferd

Coach
Unless Woods gets murdered he'll be there for another 10 years also. He'll be captain next year when Gallens not there

Latest posts