What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
We bought Lyon from UK, Mateo from NZ and Blair and Horo were basically unwanted. Keep dreaming - you may jag another premiership eventually.

Lyon - Eels junior
Mateo - Eels Junior
Blair - First grade debut at Eels
Horo - Eels junior
Buhrer - Eels Junior
Williams - Eels junior
Brayden Williami - Debuted for Eels
Jorge Taufua - Eels Junior

In comparison to Eels
Lussick - Manly Junior
Lussick - Under 20s for Eels but Manly junior
Anthony Watmough - Manly Junior
Will Hopoate - Manly Junior
David Gower - Played for Manly

Keep crying

Lyon - Eels junior

I didn't realise the Wee Waa Panthers, where Jamie Lyons started playing rugby league were in the Parramatta District :shock: He may have played lower grades for Parramatta and made his First Grade debut for the eels but you cannot call him necessarily an Eels junior. In fact Lyon was recruited to the Eels by Noel Cleal.

Kiwi

First Grade
I didn't realise the Wee Waa Panthers, where Jamie Lyons started playing rugby league were in the Parramatta District :shock: He may have played lower grades for Parramatta and made his First Grade debut for the eels but you cannot call him necessarily an Eels junior. In fact Lyon was recruited to the Eels by Noel Cleal.

Well then I guess that Manly fans have got nothing to whinge about seeing as Foran is from NZ and DCE from QLD

Craig Johnston

First Grade

can't call kieran foran a manly junior then, asquith is closer to parra than manly

Galeforce

Bench
I have seen Manly plunder Souths in the 1970's , and in the 1990's .

Not a good feeling for the plundered fans and i certainly did not get a whiff of any concern from Manly fans as they "bought" Souths players to their "gods country".

Happy for Manly fans to feel the pain and now test their support , as from my experience (as a Souths fan) Manly is entering a very lean period in their history. 2014 will look like a dream season compared to 2015 and 2016 will be worse ( my early favourites for 2016 spoon).

ram raid

Bench
Manly fans are in complete meltdown on another forum, quite entertaining to read really.

i4n9p.jpg

natheel

Coach

Haha right then DCE and Foran both from NZ and QLD respectively a ex not Manly juniors then

Idiot

ram raid

Bench
It's gonna be an interesting year for the Eagles.. It's hard to imagine there will be much internal harmony .. and the fans will probably give DCE and Foran a lot of shit too (assuming that DCE he leaves).

ellskimore

Juniors
Haha right then DCE and Foran both from NZ and QLD respectively a ex not Manly juniors then

Idiot

I love that he thought he busted you with that Jamie Lyon Wee Waa argument, unknowingly strengthening your argument about Keiran Foran.

The Colonel

Immortal

John Harvey recruited Jamie Lyon to the Eels. Cleal just turned up with a contract.

Idiot

I'm an idiot huh? It is a certified fact that JamieLyon played the majority of his junior football for the Wee Waa Panthers. He was recruited to the Parramatta Eels by Noel Cleal whilst he was in high school when he then started attending Parramatta Marist High School and played for Parramatta in the Junior Rep teams before making his first grade debut in 2000. Have a look at what team Mr Lyons says are his junior league teams- Parramatta Marist? No. Parramatta Junior Eels? No. Wentworthville? No. Merrylands? No. Guildford? No. Cabramatta? No. Fairfield Patrician Brothers? No. Toongabbie Tigers? No. Seven Hills? No. Mount Pritchard? No. He lists no team that is or was in the Parramatta District Junior Rugby League.

So next time you question my intelligence I suggest you look up some FACTS before you do. :lol:

blaza88z

Coach
the list of Parramatta players playing for Manly is interesting, only 1 or 2 of them were first graders for Parramatta

yet the Manly players going to Parramatta are completely the opposite (all first graders at the time they were bought)

to me that says Parramatta really struggle to nurture quality players in which case it's just going to be a recurring event, I mean you look at the core of Parramatta's team for next season and they've all been bought, I don't think Parramatta fans can lay the boot into Manly fans for buying their talent when really at the time that they were bought they weren't getting an opportunity

Someone

Bench
who gives a shit if a team is full of players brought or bred or a mixture of both.

We have a great young forward pack coming through of whom a lot are Parramatta juniors.

There is a shortage of world class quality halves so we have had to go out and buy one. boohoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.