What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

wests1

Juniors
Waleed Ali was outstanding again today. I get the feeling that , being a melbournian, he gets over the saturation the afl gets and so talks up league. Either way, he seems a staunch fan of the game.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Waleed Ali was outstanding again today. I get the feeling that , being a melbournian, he gets over the saturation the afl gets and so talks up league. Either way, he seems a staunch fan of the game.

Like Francis Leach, he is trying to build his media profile, and is smart enough not to pander to a very narrow audience.

Whately, and broadcasters like him appear to revel in their ignorance of other sports.

Brutus

Referee
Like Francis Leach, he is trying to build his media profile, and is smart enough not to pander to a very narrow audience.

Whately, and broadcasters like him appear to revel in their ignorance of other sports.

Kelli Underwood also has a decent understanding of the greatest game of all despite being an Adelaidian Victorian.

mozza91

Coach
Kelli Underwood also has a decent understanding of the greatest game of all despite being an Adelaidian Victorian.

I have a theory about Kelli Underwood being borderline physchotic. I've noticed on the Back Page that she laughs the least of any of the panelists when jokes are made (admittedly some of the jokes are shithouse). But twice recently thev've shown videos of child in a pram almost getting seriously injured and last week an animal almost getting choked by an overzealous soccer player and she absolutly lost her shit. I think that there is something genuinely wrong with her.

no name

Coach

She knows a bit, but any time she mentions a milestone, a mistake or a play from another sport she compares it with AFL.

When Hayne muffed his first catch 'it's like an AFL player missing a goal from the goal square with no one in front'

Warriors Fever

Juniors
She knows a bit, but any time she mentions a milestone, a mistake or a play from another sport she compares it with AFL.

When Hayne muffed his first catch 'it's like an AFL player missing a goal from the goal square with no one in front'

I remember she also compared his debut, to talk about some American playing for St Kilda.

Incorrect

Coach
I remember she also compared his debut, to talk about some American playing for St Kilda.

Yeah I recall that... she was basically saying how it amazing it was that at the same time as Hayne was about to make the 49'ers final cut, there was some dude from the US who made his debut for St Kilda or Nanawading or some other VFL franchise.... what she neglected to acknowledge was that the dude from the US playing fumbleball was not awarded one of the highest individual accolades in his other chosen sport less than 12 months prior to trying his hand at a new sport....

The conclusion I came to when she made the comparison was thus;

Elite Rugby League player makes NFL franchise less than a year after quitting league = League produce superb, adaptable athletes

Washed up US basketballer who barely played in anything except street corner pick up games makes AFL squad = anyone who can walk without the aid of a zimmer frame and isn't prone to soiling themselves can play AFL at highest level.

I think that's a fair assessment.

Yeah I recall that... she was basically saying how it amazing it was that at the same time as Hayne was about to make the 49'ers final cut, there was some dude from the US who made his debut for St Kilda or Nanawading or some other VFL franchise.... what she neglected to acknowledge was that the dude from the US playing fumbleball was not awarded one of the highest individual accolades in his other chosen sport less than 12 months prior to trying his hand at a new sport....

Elite Rugby League player makes NFL franchise less than a year after quitting league = League produce superb, adaptable athletes

Washed up US basketballer who barely played in anything except street corner pick up games makes AFL squad = anyone who can walk without the aid of a zimmer frame and isn't prone to soiling themselves can play AFL at highest level.

I'd say that is spot on.

Warriors Fever

Juniors

I love all of this :)

insert.pause

First Grade
talked about the GF, but it a lot of it was in reference to the AFL & whether they should get rid of replays..:roll:

taipan

Referee
I'm a pedantic pr*ck.Timed the AFL G/F coverage on the Offsiders last week:10 minutes all told.The coverage yesterday on the NRL G/F discussion, 5 minutes to be precise.

All Victorians on the panel,Waleed the only one who was more open and "genuine" about the NRL G/F .The others appeared to have had to make a comment with gritted teeth.

Whately has an irritating face and speech.Needs sand kicked in his face for effect:D

Incorrect

Coach
Bloody hell, Underwood hosting in place of Whately this week, going on and on about how sublime and special Dan Carter's flick pass was for the All Blacks in the union overnight... We see it every other week in the the NRL, it's par for the course.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I really hate the horse racing being thrown in all the time. On a non-advertising channel pushing a massive gambling product seems odd.

Really. It is still a sport and Caulfield cup is like 4th biggest race of the year

Nrl afl ffa are all commercial business' should they not mention them. Should they pixelate all the sponsor logos on the jerseys ??

Dodgy

Juniors
Even if you're from Melbourne, growing up with AFL. Underwood is terrible. It's like she's parodying a sports journalist.

Latest posts