What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Winner 2015

gUt

Coach
The Cup's long-price winners:

• 100-1 Prince Of Penzance (2015)
  • 100-1 Old Rowley (1940)
  • 100-1 Wotan (1936)
  • 100-1 The Pearl (1871)
  • 80-1 Rimfire (1948)

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think I heard Red Cadeaux is being put down.

The 2 that had to be put down last year (was it last year) I had bets on, and I had money on Red Cadeaux this year...sorry horsey!

no name

Coach
Lighten up champ. Put some energy into not being such a miserable sad sack all the time.

Irony?

Anyway, Chad Schofield is looking at a decent spell on the sidelines after that ride.

Pretty dangerous ride, lucky there wasn't major carnage.

Irony?

Anyway, Chad Schofield is looking at a decent spell on the sidelines after that ride.

Pretty dangerous ride, lucky there wasn't major carnage.

Irony? Me saying that horse racing is corrupt isn't me being a sad sack all the time champ.

Nugget10

Juniors
Pur my money on Excess Knowledge. Got caught wide and worked too hard. Died in the arse with 350 left. My question is how much did the poor ground have ro do with the result. Was expecting a challeng to come but nothing eventuated.

Payne ran a perfect race though. Congtatulations on a historic run

chigurh

https://www.punters.com.au/news/Red-Cadeaux-comfortable-and-stable_140947/

Red Cadeaux comfortable and stable

Popular veteran Red Cadeaux is in a stable condition following his failure to finish in today's Melbourne Cup.

Jockey Gerald Mosse was forced to pull the 10-year-old gelding up before the post when it became clear that something had gone amiss with the galloper affectionately known as 'Big Red'.

Racing Victoria confirmed that diagnostics undertaken on Red Cadeaux at the University of Melbourne Equine Centre at Werribee this afternoon showed that the horse has sustained a fracture to his medial sesamoid in his left fore fetlock.

The horse is reportedly comfortable with his leg in a splint and the fracture is stable.

Dr Chris Whitton from the University of Melbourne advised that the injury is not currently life-threatening, however the horse will not race again.

Dr Whitton stated that a plan to repair the injury is being formulated in consultation with other world-leading equine orthopaedic surgeons.

He further advised that he is not planning to undertake surgery on Tuesday night noting that the horse is comfortable and that there are several options being considered to treat his injury.

Trainer Ed Dunlop confirmed that Red Cadeaux would be retired and that the connections will be doing everything in their power to ensure that the horse makes a full recovery.

It seems likely at this stage that the three-time Melbourne Cup runner-up will be retired to live out his days in Australia at the Living Legends property in Melbourne.

Nick Egan @NickJE77
Great to hear the old champ Red Cadeaux will retire here in Australia, no more a fitting horse should retire to @LivingLegendsAU
5:12 PM - 3 Nov 2015

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thankfully I did alright at the Manikato and Cox Plate, cause' the Derby and Cup have been a disaster.

The worst thing is my brother and sister put $20 on that horse EW and they won more than I did...

I'm winning more at Ascot for crying out loud!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not one decent tipper amongst you guys.

Couldn't be happier for Michelle Payne and her brother

You guys can all get stuffed.