What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo

RoosTah

Juniors
Hi guys, so as the new year has dawned on us and another NRL season is just around the corner, I thought I'd revisit the question of the Roosters logo.

Back in 2014, the members logo was actually a pretty nice fusion of old and new, but it was really only limited to some advertising and some members gear, but I've been wanting to see it or something like it back since, so I took it upon myself to design something similar whilst using the more fusion-style chook from the centenary logo.

Have a look and let me know what you think:

facf533.png

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Hi guys, so as the new year has dawned on us and another NRL season is just around the corner, I thought I'd revisit the question of the Roosters logo.

Back in 2014, the members logo was actually a pretty nice fusion of old and new, but it was really only limited to some advertising and some members gear, but I've been wanting to see it or something like it back since, so I took it upon myself to design something similar whilst using the more fusion-style chook from the centenary logo.

Have a look and let me know what you think:

facf533.png

I really like top left. I do find our currnet nrl logo quite cartoonish and wouldnt mind if it reverted to something more traditional

RoosTah

Juniors
I really like top left. I do find our currnet nrl logo quite cartoonish and wouldnt mind if it reverted to something more traditional

Top left would definitely be the way to go, but I figured I may as well run through each colour variation for the heck of it.

Glad you like it though mate.

For me it would be top left but have the blue bar with sydney going all the way to each corner.

images
I found this one which looks cool

But my favourite and much preffered is this one

images

Get rid of membership 2014 and replace 'Represent' with 'East's to Win'

RoosTah

Juniors
But my favourite and much preffered is this one

images

Get rid of membership 2014 and replace 'Represent' with 'East's to Win'

This is very much what I modelled this on - absolutely love that design, but felt it needed the simpler and thicker borders of the 1978 design.

Headless Chook

Juniors
I really like the addition of the acronym and the founding year. Looks classy too. It's a nice understated way of recognising and remembering our origins. Well done.

In Easts We Trust.

rooster25

Juniors
This is very much what I modelled this on - absolutely love that design, but felt it needed the simpler and thicker borders of the 1978 design.

Great work guys, this is something I am very passionate about. The current logo is embarrassing for a foundation club such as the Roosters. People love tradition and history yet our cartoon emblem is a joke.

I agree with you Foreign Legion, that 2014 members logo is what we should have, with a few changes. Erase the members 2014 and move the Sydney Roosters to up the top in normal bold letters not running writing, then replace represent with Easts to win.

This is an area where the club has really got it wrong in what the fans want.

RoosTah

Juniors
Cheers for all the feedback guys.

I'll have another tinker with it tomorrow and implement some of the suggestions you've made.

Once I've got it to a standard that I like I might shoot it to a couple of the bigger supporters groups and then the club if it gets any traction.

At one point I even sent the Roosters an email about ever thinking about rebadging the logo to a more traditional/modern look and when will the ISC kit deal will end................But never got back a reply

RoosTah

Juniors
At one point I even sent the Roosters an email about ever thinking about rebadging the logo to a more traditional/modern look and when will the ISC kit deal will end................But never got back a reply

I've been hoping that ISC contract would end soon for ages. Would love for a quality kit maker like Adidas to jump on board and we've been with ISC for over a decade now.

In terms of contact, their general email isn't that great it seems... I'm currently looking for someone in branding or marketing on LinkedIn to see if I can connect with them (Mark Bouris is pretty easy to find, but I suspect he'll not be overly keen to add random fans who have no connection to investment banking).

Back on topic I've had a bit of a tinker and implemented some of the suggestions people made. Only thing was having 'Easts to Win' on the banner looked kinda weird, so I've put it over the footy in an homage to the original Easts logo.

Have a look:
34b9631.png

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Not an easts fan but I think it would be great if you adopted something like that over the current one.
Just one point though abroad people woudnt know who EDRLFC are. From my own experience I would say Roosters are one of the more known sides in the UK and used to regularly see people wearing roosters fan gear. For that reason it maybe preferable to replace EDRLFC with the roosters name.
If only the NRL had someone with vision they could really capitalise in the UK and make the clubs a lot of money.

RoosTah

Juniors
Not an easts fan but I think it would be great if you adopted something like that over the current one.
Just one point though abroad people woudnt know who EDRLFC are. From my own experience I would say Roosters are one of the more known sides in the UK and used to regularly see people wearing roosters fan gear. For that reason it maybe preferable to replace EDRLFC with the roosters name.
If only the NRL had someone with vision they could really capitalise in the UK and make the clubs a lot of money.

It's an interesting point, and I wonder if marketing experts would frown at not including the name in the logo, but Souths don't seem to need it and I figure the logo should itself be enough.

With other branding we could have the Roosters name underneath, but I think for the club logo it should have roots in our history, whilst also incorporating aspects of our more recent evolution

H.H

Juniors
Good thread. The current Rooster logo is an abomination. Very tacky....never liked it

All options thrown up are a big improvement, but the 2014 membership badge (or a version of) by far the best.

In saying that, our 2007 centenary emblem is the best I've seen. Had our home jersey as a background. Absolutely loved it.

strong_latte

Juniors
Good thread. The current Rooster logo is an abomination. Very tacky....never liked it

All options thrown up are a big improvement, but the 2014 membership badge (or a version of) by far the best.

In saying that, our 2007 centenary emblem is the best I've seen. Had our home jersey as a background. Absolutely loved it.

I love that membership logo from 214, but the centenary one was good, but a little busy for my liking.

I actually really like the last one Roostah put up. It's about the right balance between new and old.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I've been hoping that ISC contract would end soon for ages. Would love for a quality kit maker like Adidas to jump on board and we've been with ISC for over a decade now.

In terms of contact, their general email isn't that great it seems... I'm currently looking for someone in branding or marketing on LinkedIn to see if I can connect with them (Mark Bouris is pretty easy to find, but I suspect he'll not be overly keen to add random fans who have no connection to investment banking).

Back on topic I've had a bit of a tinker and implemented some of the suggestions people made. Only thing was having 'Easts to Win' on the banner looked kinda weird, so I've put it over the footy in an homage to the original Easts logo.

Have a look:
34b9631.png

I love this logo...

Such a shame they stick with the cartoon shit.

strong_latte

Juniors
Yeah the more I see this the more I like it. Reckon it's really classy and feels like a Roosters logo ought to.

It's a nice touch having the Easts to Win over the footy too. It's all very simple and obvious in a way, but that's kind of why it's so striking.

Latest posts