What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Anzac Day clash 2016 vs Manly Game Discussion

Whats Doing

Bench
Back to back spoons in 2016. Thats ok if our highest paid players are the best on field and it is our lesser paid players that are not up to the plate.

The problem for the knights it is the opposite. Our highest paid players are our worst and it is the lesser paid players who are stepping up.

Get rid of all of our players over $500k per season and replace them with players who actually deserve to be paid this amount. If we cannot attract the the required calibre over $500K so be it and recruit players who will have a go and are paid accordingly.

I will be glad to see the back of Mullo, Hodko, T. Sims, Aku and Gagai who do not play to the standard of well paid players.

They are a disgrace

We've been relying on Mullen for years and have increased our reliance on him as the season progresses.
Early on when Hodko was doing something it gave Mullen more scope and he played well.
Now he seems to have more pressure on him. In another team...
There's more than just Mullen out there and players like Hodko and Gagai need to step up.
I don't think either of them has it in them. I agree that Gagai lacks the body strength. Hodko seems to have no flair at all.
Tariq isn't a captain.
Mullen needs to be able to sit back off the plays a bit. Hodko isn't allowing it.
No clue what the solution is with what we've got but both Hodko and Gagai do less for me as each week passes.

slotmachine

First Grade
Nothing can excuse Mullen's pathetic kicking display, it's supposed to be a strength of his.

He'd struggle to kick a groupie out of his bed at the moment.

Spot On

Coach
tumblr_l28fr4o8Cu1qbokf2o1_400.gif

Back at you Pervy. ;-)

Spot On

Coach
Back to back spoons in 2016. Thats ok if our highest paid players are the best on field and it is our lesser paid players that are not up to the plate.

The problem for the knights it is the opposite. Our highest paid players are our worst and it is the lesser paid players who are stepping up.

Get rid of all of our players over $500k per season and replace them with players who actually deserve to be paid this amount. If we cannot attract the the required calibre over $500K so be it and recruit players who will have a go and are paid accordingly.

I will be glad to see the back of Mullo, Hodko, T. Sims, Aku and Gagai who do not play to the standard of well paid players.

They are a disgrace

:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly.

macavity

Referee
Manly let Pearsall go without a ready made 6 coming through, and then picked up Walker.

Can't see him being our saviour.

Spot On

Coach
No but he's only just turned 21. That's not always the nail in the coffin for a player. The knives can come out after a few seasons in firsts. He won't be any worse in attack than Mullo. It's just not possible. Will be interesting to see how his defense is.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
No but he's only just turned 21. That's not always the nail in the coffin for a player. The knives can come out after a few seasons in firsts. He won't be any worse in attack than Mullo. It's just not possible. Will be interesting to see how his defense is.

Manly are a professional club. This isn't like us passing on Latrell Mitchell.

Apey

Staff member
The whole time it was 20 - 4 I was hoping Manly would score so I could go home :lol: I'd love to say I'm done for the year but our next two home games are the Sharkies and the Eels and I like watching those teams play.

1qaz

Juniors
Where art though 1qaz???????????????????????????????????????

Aww you have been waiting for me darling?
Dane had a rubbish game. Not going to stick up for him this game or his season so far.
In saying that I thought he has slowly improved each game since being be switched to fullback.
Obviously today was a big step back.
Apart from his game against the Tigers, he hasn't got his hands on the ball enough which is very unlike him.
I dare say his mind hasn't been on football all season with his partner bout to pop any minute now with their first child.
Moving forward.. He is still the Knights best option at fullback. He'll need aleast an offseason training there before we before see the best of him. If continues to stink it up then we'll talk.
I know what he's capable of. He was the standout talent coming through the Broncos system which included the likes of Hunt, Norman, Yow Yeh, Kahu, Beale etc

The bigger concern for Brown atm is Hodkinson. He doesn't have a high ceiling, he's terribly out of form and he's the captain.

Alex28

Coach
Mamo to fullback. Gagai can worry about his kid and not about whether he is earning his money on the wing.

1qaz

Juniors
Mamo to fullback. Gagai can worry about his kid and not about whether he is earning his money on the wing.

Stone backing Mamo to be fullback is one of the reasons the Knights are in the mess that they are in now.
Dane should've been fullback round 1 last season. Sione and BJ the two centres.
It cost the Knights BJ, the development of Sione at centre and development of Dane at fullback.

1qaz

Juniors
Ask yourself...when was the last time the Knights developed a decent talent?
Mullen is the perfect example.
Has the talent but he has developed into the player that we know know he's capable of.

Alex28

Coach
He has or he hasn't?

At least get your point correct...

I just don't think Mullo cares anymore to be honest.

perverse

Referee
Dane had a rubbish game. Not going to stick up for him this game or his season so far.
In saying that I thought he has slowly improved each game since being be switched to fullback.
Apart from his game against the Tigers, he hasn't got his hands on the ball enough which is very unlike him.
I dare say his mind hasn't been on football all season with his partner bout to pop any minute now with their first child.
Moving forward.. He is still the Knights best option at fullback. He'll need aleast an offseason training there before we before see the best of him. If continues to stink it up then we'll talk.
I know what he's capable of. He was the standout talent coming through the Broncos system which included the likes of Hunt, Norman, Yow Yeh, Kahu, Beale etc

The bigger concern for Brown atm is Hodkinson. He doesn't have a high ceiling, he's terribly out of form and he's the captain.
In all honesty, Gags talent isn't what is holding him back at the moment, it's his strength. He's never had much, but he just seems to get absolutely pulverized by the opposition. This would be fine if he was using pace and evasiveness, which at his best he does have, to avoid being rolled up under the ribcages... but at the moment it's like watching a fresh under 20's kid play against men. He gets manhandled constantly. Hell, I think Denniss got ragdolled less than Dane generally does, and he's a bloody beanpole, although I suppose he is taller.

I'm one of Gagais biggest fans, I really love watching him play. I don't see how he can play to his pay packet, though. He needs to be at his best every week, forever, to earn the kind of cash we're paying him. Unfortunately, that is what he asked for in order to stay and not follow Wayne up north. Well, it's what we ended up giving him anyway.

The truth about our team is that it's very hard to feel sorry for most of the guys in it. I feel sorry for the young debutants and the ones playing for a pie and coke every match... but the ones that are on these stupidly inflated contracts are the ones that deserve every loss we get. They put us here. When you milk your club for every upgrade and bigger contract that you can, you are weakening the team around you and ultimately decreasing your odds of success substantially.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I find it strange/highly annoying watching other teams go around and they seem to do some things with such ease... Catch a bomb, spread the ball wide, have a centre kick through for a repeat set of 6... When I watch us we just seem to have difficulty doing so many things that just look natural to other teams.

I will never stop supporting the Knights, but I don't like doing it.

Spot On

Coach

Hey sweetie

Are you ever going to fess up about being related to Dane and not watching games????

Some of the above quote is finally truthful and close to correct.

He's obviously not a natural in the position which is what a lot of people thought he was. He needs a shit load of work and change in attitude not to mention a whole new approach to how he is going to return the ball because he is continually being rag dolled and thrown backward preventing the start of our sets getting any real advantage or momentum. It's just not good enough.