What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp II

Who would win in a troll fight?

• Nemmywinks

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Horniest Horny

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • l0l@50uff$

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

TruSaint

Referee
Why was the thread re trolls sent to the swamp ?

Was there any poor language / threats / or did we just voice our opinion?

This place is really going to the pits.

Shame cause there are some really good folk here trying to spend some time talking about our club.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Haha ok Willow. See how many real supporters are sick to death of it?

Anyway, I shouldn't interfere with how you run this joint

Apologies
Well sorry, but one of my pet hates is when posters start threads to complain about the forum content, but don't think to approach a mod or admin directly. IMO it just makes extra work for the volunteers who run the site.

And please don't start with the real supporter stuff. Same with the saccharin sweet amiability.

I've watched the sharks forum fall into a heap and then come back. The only difference has been how many wins you had on the board.

Good season = everyone is happy.
Bad season = everyone is at each others throats.

I have been observing these forums since its inception and there is one constant: People want to fight. When mods start to break up these fights, the situation doesn't improve.

Bottom line is that mods are not responsible for what you or other posters punch out of your keyboards.

Ask yourself this: If there was a loudmouth in the pub who was annoying you, would you walk up and argue with them? Would you demand to the publican that the loudmouth be put in a private room? Or would you ignore them?

IMO, normally sensible people will sometimes go feral in an internet forum.

Dragons1986

Juniors
Guys/Gals, I think we should ALL just agree to mute the trolls, Mods have already said they won't be doing anything to clear this forum up (Super disappointing I know), So EVERYONE who has a problem with the trolls must mute them.

So please join in muting to try and save this place from becoming a cesspool of trolls and garbage posts.

Hopefully this will solve the problem, Though I have my doubts.

Steve timpson

Juniors

Shame cause there are some really good folk here trying to spend some time talking about our club.

Because you guys have been identified as the bullies who prevent football talk.

Stop bullying people and they will stop writing things you don't like.

It isn't as if you weren't warned weeks ago that this forum is changing for the better.... and eradicating bullies like the terrible 12.

People with different views to you cannot be attacked like the terrible 12 bully people here.

Lucky I come from a country where I learnt to easily beat people like that......you?

Dragons1986

Juniors
Well sorry, but one of my pet hates is when posters start threads to complain about the forum content, but don't think to approach a mod or admin directly. IMO it just makes extra work for the volunteers who run the site.

And please don't start with the real supporter stuff. Same with the saccharin sweet amiability.

I've watched the sharks forum fall into a heap and then come back. The only difference has been how many wins you had on the board.

Good season = everyone is happy.
Bad season = everyone is at each others throats.

I have been observing these forums since its inception and there is one constant: People want to fight. When mods start to break up these fights, the situation doesn't improve.

Bottom line is that mods are not responsible for what you or other posters punch out of your keyboards.

Ask yourself this: If there was a loudmouth in the pub who was annoying you, would you walk up and argue with them? Would you demand to the publican that the loudmouth be put in a private room? Or would you ignore them?

IMO, normally sensible people will sometimes go feral in an internet forum.

Sorry mate but if it was a pub and someone was being a loudmouth, talking shit to everyone in the pub, They would be thrown out (banned).

Your example was poor.

It's ok. I get where Willow is coming from.

This latest idiotic extension of Vas etc will go to far. I think the suggestion the EVERYONE put him on ignore will do the trick.

By the way Willow. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic etc. I get how hard controlling these joints are and my apology was legit

Jubileeboy

First Grade

It isn't as if you weren't warned weeks ago that this forum is changing for the better.... and eradicating bullies like the terrible 12.

People with different views to you cannot be attacked like the terrible 12 bully people here.

Lucky I come from a country where I learnt to easily beat people like that......you?

Just STFU, peanut.
You contribute nothing and complain and whinge.
How is this forum changing for the better? Explain this exactly? I'll bet you can't or it's another of your bullshit stories.
Does this mean you will create even more personalities to agree with your posts?
Are you threatening legal action on those that don't like your posts?
Are you making threats?
There is a reason you are ostracised from the normal people.
You are a delusional f**kwit.

TruSaint

Referee

Hows this Ruby... just f..k the hell off !!! Yep thats right, f..k off u imbecile.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry mate but if it was a pub and someone was being a loudmouth, talking shit to everyone in the pub, They would be thrown out (banned).

Your example was poor.
I'm talking about someone who was annoying you at another table. That is, someone you can easily ignore.

The example is sound.

So do you want 'annoying' posters to be banned. Is that what you're saying?

I hope you realise what can of worms you're opening here.

And what about the rest of my post.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm talking about someone who was annoying you at another table. That is, someone you can easily ignore.

The example is sound.

Ignore? U serious W ?
Its in every thread every day every moment.
What are we supposed to do? Not open a thread for fear of some moron ...

Jubileeboy

First Grade

The example is sound.

Annoying or completely off their f**ken trolley?
Have you read it's delusional posts?The dudes special.
Two weeks ago it was posting as a woman.
Seems somewhat irrational to me or is that acceptable these days?

Steve timpson

Juniors
The issue the club has with this forum is you and likes like you.

Someone outside your circle writes a fair point and gets called names and bullied

I have fought back

Bully boys

Yep....that's why I organised for it to be removed.

Cry babies!!!!

Maximus

Coach

Most of the troll accounts are likely run by the mods to get hits to the website. It's sad really.

Dragons1986

Juniors

The example is sound.

This isn't someone sitting at another table, this is someone coming to every table you sit at (EVERY thread) and getting in your face, talking shit non stop.

Serious question here as a follow up, What do the mods here actually do? (Aware this will sound mean, Actually asking though.)

As for the rest of your post, I get from your view we should just sit here and let the trolls go while the dragons lose, Cool, just don't expect people to be okay with that response from a mod.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Someone outside your circle writes a fair point and gets called names and bullied

I have fought back

Bully boys

Cry babies!!!!

You're seriously f**ken delusional, dude.
You organised for what?
So now your 'in' with the club? Again, I find that interesting bit also very disturbing.
Disturbing that you think the club would have anything to do with you.
Get help or get off whatever you are on.
Then get the f**k off here too.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's ok. I get where Willow is coming from.

This latest idiotic extension of Vas etc will go to far. I think the suggestion the EVERYONE put him on ignore will do the trick.
There's no extension. Vas is a different posters.

Vas hasn't posted for ages. But he still gets airtime. IMO, it's not even about ignoring him anymore, he has become the invisible whipping boy.

The distraction really needs to end on that front.

Miller was a legend said:
By the way Willow. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic etc. I get how hard controlling these joints are and my apology was legit
Fair enough.

To bring some cheer..

When I read OV, TGP and Ruby, I'm actually in 2 minds. I kind of like their anti-establishment policy, but can't agree with their Bart-killing policy.

Would I vote for them? I've seen worse politicians, but no.
Would I like to see them on the St George board? No.
Would I give them the keys to the executive toilet? Yes, but I would ask them to wash their hands before going in.

But would I ban them for being a dickheads? If we started doing that, I would have booted myself out a long time ago.

Willow, Im disappointed with that reply.
Well you'll just have to be disappointed.

Best advice is to put the suckers on ignore. Let the few mods we have left contribute in the best way they can. We can't ban people just because they offend you.

And if you think these few mods have been sitting on their hands, then that is somewhat insulting in itself.

FTR, I have been looking around for possible new mods for recommendation. That is, someone who knows how to moderate.

The criteria list is a long one. But to summarise, the order of qualifications start with:

1. Contribute to forum discussions.
2. Never allow their personal opinions get in the way of moderating.
3. Ensure that the rules are followed.

For some, No.2 is the hardest stumbling block.

Any suggestions?

TruSaint

Referee

I have fought back

Bully boys

Cry babies!!!!

You can fight back all u like.
Fact remains you need help.. and soon.
Go the the Souffs forum and jack off you inbred.