What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

RedVDave

First Grade
Went on a vynil/cd binge buy recently some killer records I got IMO.

Anthrax - For all kings.
Armored Saint - Win Hands Down.
Rancid - ...and out come the wolves.
Le Butcherettes - sin sin sin
Tired Lion - Figurine
Electric Six - Human Zoo

RedVDave

First Grade
Went on a vynil/cd binge buy recently some killer records I got IMO.

Anthrax - For all kings.
Armored Saint - Win Hands Down.
Rancid - ...and out come the wolves.
Le Butcherettes - sin sin sin
Tired Lion - Figurine
Electric Six - Human Zoo

Mong

Post Whore
Haha

I think they are awesome

New devil driver is awesome also. Looks like some line up changes but it's the kind of thing you'd expect from DD

OVP

Coach
I've been re-visiting Ministry's Psalm 69 and the mind is a terrible thing to taste ... they are the original and best Industrial gods (sorry NIN, not even close)

[youtube]XYYGKCanqfA[/youtube]

I've been re-visiting Ministry's Psalm 69 and the mind is a terrible thing to taste ... they are the original and best Industrial gods (sorry NIN, not even close)

[youtube]XYYGKCanqfA[/youtube]

I used to get a lot of odd looks in '92 at high school for listening to "Jesus Built My Hot Rod".

Still a cracker.

Do yourself a favour time:

I'm listening to ELO's "Here Is The News" after catching the video on rage the other night (love how they put small rage shows on during the week now!). I have a lot of ELO best of albums but this single is never on it.

The new Cheap Trick album isn't too bad. Not happy Bun E Carlos isn't pounding the tubs anymore. Nor are the platters from Big Black Delta, We Are Scientists and am liking the synth pop of Daya's "Hide Away". A Gold Coast synth pop rock band called Sunset City have an EP called Neon out, with the song "The Walking Dead". Also catch Perfect Lines by Northeast Party House.

And because I bought it and left it on the pile for later listening the Franz Ferdinand / Sparks album FFS from last year is way above what I estimated it would be like.

isaiah

Bench
I used to get a lot of odd looks in '92 at high school for listening to "Jesus Built My Hot Rod".

Still a cracker.

Do yourself a favour time:

I'm listening to ELO's "Here Is The News" after catching the video on rage the other night (love how they put small rage shows on during the week now!). I have a lot of ELO best of albums but this single is never on it.

The new Cheap Trick album isn't too bad. Not happy Bun E Carlos isn't pounding the tubs anymore. Nor are the platters from Big Black Delta, We Are Scientists and am liking the synth pop of Daya's "Hide Away". A Gold Coast synth pop rock band called Sunset City have an EP called Neon out, with the song "The Walking Dead". Also catch Perfect Lines by Northeast Party House.

And because I bought it and left it on the pile for later listening the Franz Ferdinand / Sparks album FFS from last year is way above what I estimated it would be like.
Bluebird Is my fave ELO song. Lately I am listening to alterbridge, lana del ray, and 21 pilots.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Here Is The News is on the Time album by ELO, it comes up a lot on my ipod at work.

Here Is The News is on the Time album by ELO, it comes up a lot on my ipod at work.

It's a top sing. And as it was a single I can't figure how it never ends up on essential /best of/greatest hits collections.

Jb is doing EOFY clearances. Am picking up heaps of back catalog at 4.99. Stuff I wouldn't buy at at a 20/15/10 price point but at a fiver...well worth it. Some of it 12 months old.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It's a top sing. And as it was a single I can't figure how it never ends up on essential /best of/greatest hits collections.

Jb is doing EOFY clearances. Am picking up heaps of back catalog at 4.99. Stuff I wouldn't buy at at a 20/15/10 price point but at a fiver...well worth it. Some of it 12 months old.

I have all the ELO albums from On The Third Day onwards, Time was one of the very first CDs I bought, it was a great album with a very futuristic sound[ well for 1981 anyway], I think I still have my vinyl copy somewhere also . I ended up getting the updated version of the cd a couple of years ago because the copy I had was on the horrible select label so the quality was somewhat questionable, the updated version has bonus tracks added which actually don't really fit in with the theme of the album but are good songs anyway especially When Time Stood Still. The original album tracks are all crackers and run from the first track to track 13 seamlessly, besides Here Is The News, Ticket To The Moon and Rain Is Falling are standout tracks.
I have a couple of box sets, Afterglow and Flashback but neither have Here Is The News on it but I have another best of called Light Years, the Very Best Of Electric Light Orchestra which I bought in London back in 2000 which does include Here Is The News on it, not sure whether it is available in Australia but I think I have seen it at Red eye Records a few years ago.

horrie hastings

First Grade

lol you have just jogged my mind, I actually still have the single of Here Is The News on vinyl, I bought it at one of the second hand record stores that use to be on Pitt st around near where World Square is now, I remember it had a large whole in the middle, not the usual small hole a 45 had, you had to put a round piece in the middle of the record player to be able to play it, a had a couple of singles like that. Must try and dig out the single sometime and have a look at it again, don't have a turntable set up to play it though.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just stumbled upon a WA band called Chaos Devine, some really awesome stuff. Only problem I have is they have a bit of metal screaming which I'm not really a fan of scattered through some of their songs.
Anyone know these guys?

bileduct

Coach
Yeah, nah. Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, Einsturzende Neubauten, Skinny Puppy.. They are the original and best industrial gods.

Ministry had probably two good albums, and a whole heap of shit.

The Holidays Feel Real. Sydney synth pop. Flourishes of New Order, A Flock of Seagulls and psychedelic dream pop. Vocalist sometimes sounds a little Perry Farrell too. Nor bad for a fiver in jb end of fy sales.

OVP

Coach
Been listening to a fair bit of Death in Vegas lately.

I'd have to say this is probably my favourite film clip of all time.

And this is probably my second favourite.

Latest posts