What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | Origin I | Wed 1 Jun | NSW 4-6 QLD | ANZ

Origin I 2016: Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big hit!

Bench
I'm a big fan of Dylan Walker.... I think he's one heck of a talent....

But I don't get what the thinking was with picking him and only playing him in the final 10mins.

You pretty much handicap your pack by depriving them of another forward.

I understand having an impact guy off the bench... But surely they could have used him in the back end of the first half also...

Just seemed strange...

Not just all that either.

When they brought him on, there seemed to be no plan about how to utilise him. Poor kid just sniffed around the ruck but was ignored while the plays the rest of the team went through the plays they worked on during the week.

It's not the first time a 'utility' has been selected on the NSW bench and used poorly, if at all, for NSW.

It shouldn't be any specific player that should be sacked for game 2. It should be Daley, Fulton and the rest of the staff.

Bombing and having those kicks taken in-goal on the full was cringe-worthy to watch.

I could barely hear the Qld supporters :lol:ing.

I don't get the Moylan bashing either...he was the least of NSW's problems tonight I thought.

re refs: I thought most 50/50 calls went our (QLD's) way tbh. That one on our tryline where they called it a NSW knock on was a huge call.

GongPanther

Referee
True. I'm sure he's disappointed he missed it. But they had plenty of chances to make up the points they just couldn't do it.

NSW had a glutton of possession near Qld's tryline.They simply had no idea because for most of the time they were getting in the road of each other which was leading to the indecisiveness.

We need someone out there that knows how to take an attack by the scruff of the neck,and let his supports rip.

Qld played like a team that had seen it all before.We were a group of players who were at times,simply getting to know each other.

Hauff

Juniors
According to Hauff Qld were given the rough end of the pineapple by the cowards in white :lol:

Why lie? I haven't said that at all. I've simply pointed out that the sole NSW try was an enormous forward pass to counter the crying from the Blues. We had plenty of stuff go our way. We shouldn't have received the penalty that earned us 2 points for example. Overall things evened out though and the better team overcame those issues while the other one cries.

When are you lot going to sack Daley though. Forget about blaming the refs and the debutants, look at that clown.

Oh, and how Josh Jackson continues to make the Blues side I'll never know. Makes a lot of tackles but does f*ck all else.

edit: well the dude below me said he was good...maybe I was watching a different game. Agree that Bird was shit though.

Last edited:

Usain Bolt

Bench
Why was Klemmer doing that stupid goose step when he first came on? He looked stupid and his runs were soft. When he actually decided to run hard and straight he did some damage

Red Bear

Referee
Moylan showed a bit, ran a few good wrap around plays. Would've loved Tedesco out there to get a bit more of a run on from the back. Mansour did good work running out of trouble.

They needed to support forwards a bit better than they did.

If Fifita could last longer than 10 minutes he'd be valuable.

Bird looked past it. Cordner and Jackson were surprisingly good. Klemmer was good. Walkers selection was as medocre as I expeted.

Farrah needed a break, he was good first half but his service faded as the game went on.

But he did his job, as most of the forwards did. Lack of execution in Qlds twenty was frustrating, and Cronk and Thurston iced the game very well in the last ten

GongPanther

Referee
Yep. Problems up there with kids and violence against teachers. I won't claim to know everything about what is going on, but Thurston is making a statement to the kids, and good on him for that.

That is great.

Although I doubt JT is going to make much difference.Friend of mine visits the stations.Lots of work to be done.

Red Bear

Referee
Did Gillet get MoM for just laying around till they blew a penalty, getting them that penalty goal?

Boyd should've got it for Qld.He was excellent.

Latest posts