What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse in League 1

Not a terrible result as Rochdale are probably the best team in the league and had a couple of dual-registration Super League players from Warrington in their team today, including Tom Lineham who was pushing for an England spot last year.

All true, but Toulouse have to up their game considerably if they want to be sure of promotion to the Championship, let alone Super League.

geordie_saint

Juniors
All true, but Toulouse have to up their game considerably if they want to be sure of promotion to the Championship, let alone Super League.

I wouldn't be too disheartened with the result as EH points out; it's always been hard for French sides over here in England. What is heartening about the Toulouse performance is they came back from 26-16 down with about 10mins left to be denied victory by a late penalty. To me, that shows a bit of steel within the side, which hasn't always been the trend in the past. After their heroics against Leigh, this game will have been a big wake up call for Toulouse and they'll be much better for it.

Sinman

Juniors
Whats the deal with promotion for Toulouse? do they just have to win the league? how many teams go up? because it's looking pretty good for them so far!

Evil Homer

Staff member
Whats the deal with promotion for Toulouse? do they just have to win the league? how many teams go up? because it's looking pretty good for them so far!
Two go up, at the end of the season the teams finishing 1st and 2nd play off with the winner of that match gaining promotion, and the loser of that match then joins 3rd, 4th and 5th in semi finals to determine the other spot. So to gain promotion Toulouse need to finish in the top 5 at worst, and ideally in the top two.

langpark

First Grade
Toulouse Olympique 46-26 Doncaster
Crowd: 2218

Really great to see how consistent they've been and that they're pulling good crowds at their temporary home. Hopefully their stadium is finished fast and they can continue the on and off-field improvement next year as they keep working towards Super League!

langpark

First Grade
I thought it just got delayed? Not sure but I thought I read somewhere they aim to be back there by some time next season. The fact that they're not there this season though, hopefully means that it's because some actual work is being done.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Toulouse beat Keighley 84-6. Don't know what happened here as Keighley are promotion challengers and one of the strongest teams in the division, I was actually worried that Toulouse might lose this game. Kind of makes a mockery of the whole thing, hopefully this doesn't lead to overconfidence.

langpark

First Grade
wtf happened!? That's a shock to say the least.

I don't think any amount of complacency could ruin them at this stage, they surely cannot lose top spot from here.

Evil Homer

Staff member
wtf happened!? That's a shock to say the least.

I don't think any amount of complacency could ruin them at this stage, they surely cannot lose top spot from here.
Rochdale and York are still only one win behind providing neither of them slip up tomorrow. TO need to beat York in two weeks in order to give themselves some breathing room going into the Super 8's.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Toulouse beat Keighley 84-6. Don't know what happened here as Keighley are promotion challengers and one of the strongest teams in the division, I was actually worried that Toulouse might lose this game. Kind of makes a mockery of the whole thing, hopefully this doesn't lead to overconfidence.

Wow thats a spanking especially for a promotion challenger. Would take an extraordinary reversal in form for them to not secure for first spot and go on to get promotion. Hopefully they can give the competitive championship a shake