What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dolphin Stadium

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Bishop Park is a great ground. Nearly as good as Dolphin Oval

Being kid friendly has always been the appeal of park footy. Hope the new renos at Redcliffe dont change that

Looks like Bashup Park has had a bit of an upgrade in the off season with 2 new grand stands on the entry gate side of the field (where the rickity old stands used to be).

The Partisan

Yes ..saw that myself today when I was there.

Lot of room for expansion at Bashup if they ever need / want to do so.

Brutus

Referee
I saw them as well. It's quite a nice ground these days. They do face the setting sun though so the hill or the pig pen is still the way to go.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just an update.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...e/news-story/5989b6fccb7a068ee37fe3ab8165991f

New Redcliffe Dolphins rugby league stadium takes shape at Redcliffe
May 16, 2016 11:39am
Jacob Grams
Redcliffe & Bayside Herald

THE countdown is on until Redcliffe Dolphins teams play under the shadow of the new grandstand for the first time, on May 22.

The yet-to-be-named 4000-seat stand is just the start of the Dolphin Stadium project and club president Bob Jones said if he had not seen it, he would not have believed the progress as it unfolded.

“It’s something I never thought would happen in my time,” he said.

Mr Jones said players, staff and fans were buzzing about the opening home game, and he thanked Moreton Bay Regional Council and the Federal Government for backing the project.

“I know they can’t wait to play here in the stadium. We’re talking about it, they’re excited about it and so are we and I’m sure lots of our supporters are as well,” he said.

The club’s football operations manager, Grant Cleal said players already had had a taste of what the stadium’s atmosphere would be like.

“One of the trainers ... thought someone had left a stereo or radio on over in the building site, but it was actually the players’ voices reverberating off the tin,” he said.

“So I imagine any noise made out there will be amplified out on the field, which is pretty exciting.”

KEY POINTS:

■ The western stand is stage one of the Dolphin Stadium development

■ Seats will be installed in June

■ More stands to follow on eastern and northern ends

aarondoyle

Juniors
What would you call the stand if you could? Petro's probably didn't play for the dolphins enough to justify it, but he'd be a well known name.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I wonder how much it will cost totally and whether the Dolphins have put money into it? The leagues club is rich enough. Slowly BRL clubs are moving into the 21st century

Seating looks to be pretty much in place and looks like the stand will be open for the PNG game in two weeks time (according to the ground announcer last Saturday).

Official opening will be the game against Tweed Heads at the end of August.