What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Bombers Bid

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Would it be at all possible for the Bombers and the Ipswich Jets to combined bids. Jets is a much better name than the Bombers whilst Brisbane covers a larger area than Ipswich. The Ipswich jets can still play as a reserve side in the QLD Cup. I just can't see Ipswich ever getting an NRL team and atlas this way they would be part of the bid, might even get to use there jerseys.

Marlins

Juniors
Would it be at all possible for the Bombers and the Ipswich Jets to combined bids. Jets is a much better name than the Bombers whilst Brisbane covers a larger area than Ipswich. The Ipswich jets can still play as a reserve side in the QLD Cup. I just can't see Ipswich ever getting an NRL team and atlas this way they would be part of the bid, might even get to use there jerseys.

I like this idea
Brisbane Jet Bombers

applesauce

Bench
I know it is a long bow to draw but the association with terrorism and the ASADA/WADA Essendon saga should be enough to get this name changed.

Essendon have been the Bombers for over a 140 years, and at least they have an airport in the suburb.

The name has no true meaning to Brisbane and no real reason to have it.

Say what you want about the Titans, Broncos and Cowboys names but at least there was a method to their madness as they were all at trying to replicate the success of a brandname in the NFL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given there is no expansion they can call themselves what they like as it won't make any difference.

ed-grimley

Bench
An additional Brisbane team, whatever they're called, doesn't come under the heading of Expansion - more like consolidation of the game and provision of choice in an established League area. If a city of more than 2 million can't support two teams there's something wrong. You can only wonder why there is so much opposition in Brisbane.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
An additional Brisbane team, whatever they're called, doesn't come under the heading of Expansion - more like consolidation of the game and provision of choice in an established League area. If a city of more than 2 million can't support two teams there's something wrong. You can only wonder why there is so much opposition in Brisbane.

The Broncos dont want the competition...

Personally, i think the 2nd Brissy team (#UpTheBrothers) would be great in pushing the Broncos to do more in bringing in fans.

Right now they are the big fish of the NRL, but if a 2nd Brisbane team came in and started looking like exceeding the Bronx numbers for crowds/membership, itll light a fire under the Broncos officials and start a quasi-ArmsRace.

(The same might be true for Auckland too)

T-Boon

Coach
the second Brisbane team should be called the Brisbane Red Bulls. We need a second B team for numerous including that presently clubs think Broncos are to influential with headquarters. It appears as though there isn't a second team because the Broncos won't allow it.

The more i think about this the more I'm convinced there will not be a 2nd NRL club playing out of Sun Corp permanently
I'm thinking now the next NRL club in Qld will be playing out of the Ipswich area, though intially they might have to play out of Sun Corp while their own stadium is developed.