What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 season

AuckMel

Bench
With two weeks to sell and give out promotional tickets you'd be expecting close or over 60k to the game in Sydney.

West Coast, Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide the first week winners.

horrie hastings

First Grade
the magpies were so close against the hawks! only lost by 1!

swans v giants will be massive in week 1 of the finals

With 2 minutes to go with Collingwood leading by 6 pts it looked like the Swans would be playing Adelaide at the SCG but then Hawthorn pulled level then kicked a behind to give them a 1 pt win to jump in 3rd spot and knock GWS back to 4th spot and ensure that it was a Swans vs GWS first week final.

The real irony is that both the 1st and 2nd place team don't really get a proper home final. The Swans play at ANZ instead of the SCG and Geelong will play at the MCG instead of Simonds Stadium, both games will draw bigger crowds than their home grounds could have hosted.

horrie hastings

First Grade
With two weeks to sell and give out promotional tickets you'd be expecting close or over 60k to the game in Sydney.

West Coast, Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide the first week winners.

If the Swans vs GWS game doesn't get more than 45, 000 the AFL will look stupid for not allowing the Swans to play this at the SCG but I reckon your crowd prediction of 60,000 should be pretty close to the mark.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not sure how many tickets were available for the members pre sale but category 1 were already exhausted well before 11am and category 2 had only single seats available. Glad my Swans loving house mate queued up at Ticketek Enmore this morning and got great seats in section 107.

alien

Referee
r20, since there is no afl this weekend, i thought i'd be nice and post this classic afl game for you so you don't go through withdrawal :D

p.s. go the magpies :D

alien

Referee
It's alright to give away free tickets when it isn't going to be a sell out. It's a good idea actually. If people enjoy the game, then they might go to more AFL games in the future. I want the GWS Giants to do well because I want them to survive, because then the Magpies play away games in Sydney more often.

alien

Referee
lol r20 did you watch the hawks v cats game. hawks choked with that last kick! :D

p.s. go the giants tomorrow against your swans! :D

Rabbits20

Immortal
lol r20 did you watch the hawks v cats game. hawks choked with that last kick! :D

p.s. go the giants tomorrow against your swans! :D
I recorded it.

Saw the end though lol.

I have to record tomorrow's games too.

Cmon Swans.

Won't be angry if the Giants win though.