What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan & Carty - Re-signed

Big Mick

Referee
Great re-signings.

Hopefully we get some news on Tyrone Peachey, Waqa Blake and DallinWatene-Zelezniak next.

They're the only guys off contract next year that we need to keep. Lock them up and our top 17 is pretty much settled for the next couple of years.

I dunno we retain DWZ tbh.

soc123_au

Staff member
Great news. So that means we have the following signed for the next 3 years.

Moylan
Cartwright
Merrin
Yeo
RCG
Cleary
Fisher-Harris
Latu
McKendry
Tamou

Surely a premiership winning team can be built from these foundations.

How long did Sauce resign for?

mxlegend99

Referee
Lol 5 year deals work out so well

Taking a massive punt on what the salary cap will be
Nice post... must be filthy about being wrong yet again over Moylan leaving the Panthers.

We sign him up now and in 4 years we have him for a fraction of what he could demand. Where's the gamble when we have 80% of our team locked up for the next 3 years? The only thing that changes will be our depth.

We have the players we want on longterm contracts. Theres only 3 more that we need to sort out. The rest can leave and be replaced with the young blokes dominating the lower grades.

As per usual we will send all the guys not good enough to the Eels.

GongPanther

Referee
Shut up fool...

Rynob-jockey is shitting herself at the thought that if the Cronulla Sharks do win this years Grand Final,Parramatta will then be the lucky holders of the longest drought ever not to have won a GF...30 long,torturous,drab and dreary years.

Think about it...1 life sentence...:)

Harold Holt will be given keys to Parramatta if he turns up.

maple_69

Bench
Injuries are the big risk for us now. We will undoubtedly have close to the best playing talent for the next 3-5 years.

It would seem unlikely we can keep all of Blake, Peach and Dallin given we have Moylan, Cartwright, Merrin and Tamou on good coin, but we also have a dirt cheap 6/7/9 for the next couple years. Once those positions start demanding big money, we'll have to start shedding the periphery big time.

mxlegend99

Referee
Injuries are the big risk for us now. We will undoubtedly have close to the best playing talent for the next 3-5 years.

It would seem unlikely we can keep all of Blake, Peach and Dallin given we have Moylan, Cartwright, Merrin and Tamou on good coin, but we also have a dirt cheap 6/7/9 for the next couple years. Once those positions start demanding big money, we'll have to start shedding the periphery big time.
If we let Whare go a year early we can use hs money to top them up this year as we negotiate with them.

I couldnt handle losing any of those guys knowing we wasted cap space on guys we didnt need in Hiku and Browne. All young guys with their best footy ahead of them.

Big Mick

Referee
If we let Whare go a year early we can use hs money to top them up this year as we negotiate with them.

I couldnt handle losing any of those guys knowing we wasted cap space on guys we didnt need in Hiku and Browne. All young guys with their best footy ahead of them.

Hiku is getting half paid by Manly and is off contract in 18'. His money will be used to prop up Cleary etc.

Browne would be on hardly anything and would not impact the type of salaries those guys would want.

You couldn't handle losing those guys but you couldn't handle losing guys like Dylan Edwards either because DWZ is in front of him. So either way Gus is in a lose/lose position.

Out of the ones above the most likely to leave is DWZ who wants to play fullback. Peach I reckon stays but depends on progress of May. Blake it depends if Western Force throw huge money at him to go to Perth. I certainly think they want to keep him and would be willing to move a couple of guys to do it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hiku is getting half paid by Manly and is off contract in 18'. His money will be used to prop up Cleary etc.

Browne would be on hardly anything and would not impact the type of salaries those guys would want.

You couldn't handle losing those guys but you couldn't handle losing guys like Dylan Edwards either because DWZ is in front of him. So either way Gus is in a lose/lose position.

Out of the ones above the most likely to leave is DWZ who wants to play fullback. Peach I reckon stays but depends on progress of May. Blake it depends if Western Force throw huge money at him to go to Perth. I certainly think they want to keep him and would be willing to move a couple of guys to do it.
Id rather keep the proven NRL player over the unproven one. DWZ is still only a kid and could have another 10 years left easily.

Edwards looks quality. But he's no certainty.

1. DWZ
2. Mansour
3. Peachey
4. Blake
5. Hiku

If we could keep that together until Hiku is off contract. Then replace him with a young gun I would be happy. Even if we lost Dylan Edwards as a result.

But if we lost anyone of DWZ, Blake or Peachey ontop of Whare. I will be filthy. Hiku wasn't necessary in the first place. Since we signed him we have let go of promising depth which sucks but can be accepted as they are just depth and ideally wouldn't figure into our game day 17 much if at all. We can't lose better players then him though.

Robert Jennings
George Jennings
Braidon Burns
Will Smith

Pretty much let go of our reserve grade and Under 20s centres. Which is fine if we keep those other guys. If we dont then the reason I was deadset against Hiku to begin with will necome a reality.

We can release Whare to make it happen. Our best centre without doubt. But god knows what sort of player he will be when he returns... his career could be headed down the same path as the Stanley brothers.

age.s

First Grade
Anytime Rhynob comes in here with with one of his ridiculous attempts to troll some very obviously good news just remember he's actually in some very real pain on the inside. Then laugh at him.

PS: Very happy about Moylan and Carty :)

mxlegend99

Referee
Rhynob had reliable information that Moylan was on his way to the Eels. Probably end up with his touch footy brother.

soc123_au

Staff member
maxresdefault.jpg

Poor Rhyno

Panther Pete

Juniors
Rhynob had reliable information that Moylan was on his way to the Eels. Probably end up with his touch footy brother.
Wasn't Rhyno also the one who was telling us last year he was a mate of Trent Merrin and had it on good authority Trent was back flipping on his deal with us.

Would be a shame if DWZ never gets a crack at fullback for us

Yeah I'd like to seem him give another crack he looked good in 2015 before his lung injury. If he doesn't I can see him leaving at the end of next year which IMO isn't even that smart considering most teams have a first choice fullback and a couple more and all DWZ has to do is wait until moylan is shifted to halves. Of course if that never happens he's screwed but it should

Whino

Bench
Great news. As I said a month ago when some troll said Moylan was leaving. It will be all sorted out in the off season. Now that it is I don't have to streak down Oxford St.

Latest posts