What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Clifferd

Coach
Tigers should look at signing Joel Thompson from Saints

They just signed Tariq Sims and have Frizzell + De Belin, I reckon they'll want to offload Thompson while he comes off contract

Another hard worker, makes tackles and runs similar lines to Lawrence

8. Ava
9. Ballin/Farah
10. Woods
11. Thompson
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

Looks pretty good to me

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
JJ Felise has resigned an extended contract with the Club through until the end of the 2018 season.

T.T

Juniors
WT Recruitment should keep an eye on Paul Vaughan and raiders props. I know he's contracted for next year but he will surely be looking elsewhere if he doesn't get back into 1st grade. Would offer more than tim grant imo

Sironen on way out?
Curtis Sironen is on the outer at Wests Tigers, who are unlikely to stand in his way should he want a fresh start elsewhere. The son of legendary Tiger Paul Sironen earned a call up to the City Origin side again this season, but is languishing in reserve grade. Given he is on good money – and the Tigers are jammed for salary cap space next year – he could be on the move before June 30 if another club is keen.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sharks were keen. Flanagan knows how to get the most of forwards, so it would be the best place for Curtis to go. Sharks likely to lose D.Fifita to Superleague and Hino to retirement, so he could find a home there.

Even at snother club, I'd be happy to see him reach his potential. He's never going to reach it here.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah I always thought cherrington would be the better player but he hasn't improved this year IMO. Liddles age works better for him with the other hookers finishing up in 2017. Unlikely Cherro would hang around for another year in reggies.

Tiger05

First Grade
The problem is that it's a big step up to becoming a consistent NRL player. Who knows if Liddle will make it.

Tigerm

First Grade
ELIJAH Taylor was unwanted at one club but became a senior player at another just days later. Now he faces the possibility of finding his third club in six months, describing the rugby league rollercoaster as “a bit of a strange world”.

Dumped to NSW Cup and unwanted by new coach Anthony Griffin at Penrith, Taylor was welcomed with open arms by the Wests Tigers.

But with halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks agreeing to rich one year deals for next season, Taylor faces the possibility of being squeezed out, having signed on at the Tigers for the remainder of 2016.

Elijah Taylor is hoping he has found a home at Leichhardt. “When I look back it was very frustrating,” Taylor said. “I worked really hard in the pre-season at Penrith. I played as hard as I could for the reserves. If you keep working hard you’ll get the result somewhere. This is the result.

“Mentally it was very tough trying to get up for games and try and play as hard as you can for the reserves. It’s a bit of a strange world.

“If someone told me last year that I’d be playing for the Tigers this year, I’d say ‘you’re crazy there is no way I’m leaving Penrith’. What’s happened to me is a great example of how something can change so quickly when there is a new coach or new agenda at a club.

“I knew I wanted to come here and play first grade. I don’t know about any longer deals. (Joining three clubs in six months) would be pretty weird. It’s rugby league man, we all know it’s a business.”

Taylor has been something of a lucky charm since his Tigers debut.Taylor has been something of a lucky charm since his Tigers debut. Source: News Corp Australia
The Tigers have dropped just two of their five games since Taylor made his club debut in round 10. Taylor said he felt comfortable with coach Jason Taylor’s desire to entrust him as a senior player.

“His first message was leadership,” Elijah says of the coach. “He really wanted some more leaders in the team. That was the main point. One of my strong suits is defence.

“We know we can attack. Defensively, mentally we need to be a bit stronger and keep turning up for each other. We do that, we can do anything in this competition.”

The Tigers sit just two points outside the top eight. They get a chance to show if they are finals ready when they play the Storm in Melbourne on Sunday.

“It’s going to tell us a lot about ourselves,” Taylor said. “It’s going to give us a gauge of where we are at as a playing group.”

While Taylor has relished a return to the top grade since making his mid-season switch, the Kiwi international is struggling with Sydney’s traffic. Still living in Penrith’s heartland of Glenmore Park, he has battled with making the near daily journey to the Tigers Concord training base.

“I leave home at 5.30 am, even if we start at 10 I’ll still leave early,” Taylor said. “I hate being late. I want to be here nice and early. I get to the tea room. Tim Grant just moved to Penrith so we’ll start car pooling.”

anyone know if edwards has been re-signed for next year ? i think hes been really good over the last few weeks brings some thoughness to our defense

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are currently rumoured to be chasing
Paul Vaughan
Michael Lichaa
Mitch Rein
Jamal Idris

Tigers Tale

Juniors
That's bad news, I was really keen to secure him.

It seems we can't hold on to who we have in ET and it would appear no one really wants to come to the Tigers. That is the problem when you appear to be a basket case in the eyes of all other players and sack players like Farah. We will end up making stupid signings like Rein.

We should just bite the bullet and be prepared to see the end of Taylor's contract and have some coin in the bank to make some big purchases in 2018 with a new and hopefully better coach.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. I would even suggest we make no signings. A roster with some wriggle room in the cap could be enticing to a prospective new coach

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently we've all but confirmed Michael Lichaa.

Why get rid of Cherrington? He would've been cheaper and no worse than Lichaa.

This club is just stupid.

Latest posts