What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebooting the prequels and what to change

Danish

Referee
Instead of doing a reboot of the prequels, I'd like Disney to give Topher Grace permission to release his edit of the prequels as a special edition.

For those not aware Topher Grace (the kid from That 70s Show) is an uber Star Wars nerd, and for a project while learning editing he recut the prequels into a single movie then had a special viewing for only friends and family. Apparently it was awesome.

Mind you, I think a full trilogy reboot of the prequels will definitely happen. I could see it occurring inside the next 10-15 years. Disney are planning on releasing a new Star Wars movie every december till we are all dead, so they are going to need material from somewhere. Spin off and origin movies about Han, Fett, Lando, and a handful of others will be able to fill in the alternate years but once Ep VIII-X are completed the urge to go back to the prequels will be strong

Storm13

Juniors
The Prequels has its audience out there just like the Originals. Might as well reboot both then.

The SW prequels, like Home Alone 3-5, Ghostbusters II and the ladies one, the Honey I Shrunk The Kids sequels or Beethoven 2-7 are beloved by my 5 and 7 year old children. They think they are cinematic masterpieces. I'm sure when they are in their 20s, 30s and 40s, they'll be defending these films on the inter web and in party conversations.

However, I just now pretend none of it exists and Star Wars starts with Rogue One and the four sequels.

LESStar58

Referee
3 things about this article;

1. I forgot that that this was coming out and I am looking forward to reading it

2. I am going to be $2000 richer on account of the bet I made with strong_latte and Roostah in December 2015 (given that more and more of the prequels are actually being cannonised by Disney)

AND

3. I actually do feel a little bit sorry for Jar Jar Binks.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...character-returns-jar-jar-binks-chuck-wendig/

Everyone’s favorite character returns to make his presence felt in the latest Star Wars novel.

The legendary Gungan warrior, beloved Senator of Naboo, and all-around good guy Jar Jar Binks is featured in Chuck Wendig’s latest novel, Star Wars Aftermath: Empire’s End.

Ahead of the book’s release next week, Mashable gave up some spoiler-y details regarding one of the Prequel series’ most beloved characters.

But things haven’t gone to well for Jar Jar ever since we last saw him initiating the decay of democracy when he pushed forth the vote to give Chancellor Palpatine emergency powers over the Republic.

The series of Aftermath books take place between the end of Return of the Jedi and the beginning of the Force Awakens, explaining many of the changes in the timeline that occur when the latest film begins.

In the book, a refugee character named Mapo is on the streets of Naboo when he witnesses the Gungan performing as a street clown, entertaining the onlooking children while the adults pass by.

He introduces himself to Mapo and tells him that people don’t like him because he helped the Empire take control. Poor Jar Jar has since fallen on hard times and has had to become a literal clown to make ends meet.

Does this mean we’ll see the character pop up in a future installment? Unlikely, but despite these hardships it’s nice to see one of the series’ most misunderstood characters make it out of the Galactic Civil War alive. Maybe the First Order could use an in-house entertainer to alleviate all that tension during meetings with Supreme Leader Snoke?

Star Wars Aftermath: Empire’s End releases in bookstores on February 21.

LESStar58

Referee
The SW prequels, like Home Alone 3-5, Ghostbusters II and the ladies one, the Honey I Shrunk The Kids sequels or Beethoven 2-7 are beloved by my 5 and 7 year old children. They think they are cinematic masterpieces. I'm sure when they are in their 20s, 30s and 40s, they'll be defending these films on the inter web and in party conversations.

However, I just now pretend none of it exists and Star Wars starts with Rogue One and the four sequels.

I quite liked the first Honey... sequel.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
This thread is beyond stupid

Disney have no plans now or in the future to reboot the prequels.

Also, lol@ the idea that they will run out of material for the main movies soon. The movies are set in an entire galaxy that has a history that spans 1000s of years. I think they will be OK story wise for some time to come

LESStar58

Referee
In other news;

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39045406

_94786107_37889489-d611-4b1a-a3fc-cb017188d6f8.jpg

Honestly, I have a hard on for the fact that Woody Harrelson is this!

Also, if they style Alden's hair in a 1977 fashion I reckon he can pull it off!

edit: it's slated for MAY and NOT DECEMBER 2018!

LESStar58

Referee
Sticking with May huh. Wonder if they'll announce another one for December 2018 also?

I also wonder if it means episode 9 will get a May 2019 release or if they will revert back to December? Episode 7 was originally due in May this year.

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Unless they are going to slate another movie for the same year, it's almost certain that the Han Solo movie and ep 9 will get moved to December.

They own that time of year

LESStar58

Referee
Unless they are going to slate another movie for the same year, it's almost certain that the Han Solo movie and ep 9 will get moved to December.

They own that time of year

They can always put a Marvel or Disney flick in at Christmas. I'm just impatient though and would prefer a mid year release.

Iirc the reason it got pushed back is because Rian Johnson had to rewrite the script because of how well received Finn, Rey and Poe were. Given he's also written the script for Episode 9 maybe the plan is to bring it forward because he's already got all the pieces in place.

The only thing I can see impeding it is conflicting schedules... the guy who has taken over playing Chewie is in the Han Solo film too.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I don't think it has anything to do with scripts or work schedules mate, its purely a business decision from Disney and a pretty smart one at that.

There is next to no competition in December as opposed to the summer months and it's perfect timing to ramp up the toy sales leading into Christmas

LESStar58

Referee
Wether or not it was the sole reason is one thing but. Episode 8 was in part delayed for rewrites. That much I'm certain of. It was supposed to get a summer release but within a few days of The Force Awakens coming out they said "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and kept the December release.

I do forget about the toy sales. I will be waiting to get myself a Luke Skywalker Black series figure in September!