What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

Eion

First Grade
I dunno, 2.5m for Barba seems a pretty good deal don't you think?
Money wise it's a bit better than he could expect here over the same period...if he doesn't implode early with family issues, the pressure of living up to the pricetag, living away from friends etc. Then there's what to do at the end of the 2.5 years. Didn't work out so well for the likes of carney, but the difference there was he had to go. Barba had options.

Ads

First Grade
Money wise it's a bit better than he could expect here over the same period...if he doesn't implode early with family issues, the pressure of living up to the pricetag, living away from friends etc. Then there's what to do at the end of the 2.5 years. Didn't work out so well for the likes of carney, but the difference there was he had to go. Barba had options.

He's not his life coach. He is there to get the best deal for his client. 1m a season is better by far than what he could have got from league, especially after his coke bust. Orr has done his job well. Now its up to Barba to not blow it.

Eion

First Grade
I hope you're right mate, I wish him well. Sadly...I think it most likely he will drop his bundle over there, not see out his contract, and be in a worse place at the end of it.

Ads

First Grade
I hope you're right mate, I wish him well. Sadly...I think it most likely he will drop his bundle over there, not see out his contract, and be in a worse place at the end of it.
Thats his problem. Orr has done his bit and thats get him max dollars.

Card Shark

Immortal
f**k me wrist slitting already?

He was my favourite player simply because he created that many chances (& stopped heaps too with uncanny positional play).

It's my opinion that we will miss him more than most think & we can't do without him if we are to go back to back.....its hard enough to do as it is.

Sure we have Val but who replaces him....Barba set up many a Val try.

I loved winning the comp, a lifelong dream come true but I was super keen to be the first team to go back to back in 20 years. It simply wont happen without Barba.

Being realistic, not slitting wrists.

Card Shark

Immortal
If flanno knew Barba wasn't going to be there, he could've trained Williams as a winger but I notice he's still 120kg.....big f**king loaf!

This is nothing short of an unmitigated disaster for us. Forget the back to back. Im now hoping we dont freefall. Barba WAS our defensive structure.

Muppet? That feels like when the window washer kid has a tantrum & calls you a name at school. Funny.
Nothing to do with Holmes. All about the brilliance of the best full back that wil ever play for our club.

Chimp

Juniors
All it does is make the need for Val to step up his game more important.
Whilst he comes across as a quiet and nice kid, he's an international now, a Premiership winner and therefore one of our most elite players.
Sure he doesn't have the same experience as many of our squad in terms of number of games, but he should absolutely be one of our leaders now, he's played/playing at a higher level than most of our squad ever have - and he's now going to be playing a position that requires a strong voice and the respect of his team mates.
He needs to realise his own potential and the impact he NEEDS to have on the team - I hope his personality doesn't impact on his ability to do this.

Special K

Coach
This whole thing is a disappointment. Barba was epic for us in 2015 and he has had some really bad advice since that test. The fact he asked for a release without understanding that a contract wouldn't be registered(ie paid) until the suspension was over screams bad management.

Best of luck Ben. The silver lining is this saves us an awkward decision between Holmes and Barba.