What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

Arucard

Juniors
Clearly you care as you feel the need to respond. You do realise that this was a fishing expedition and you among others couldn't help but jump at the bait.
I don't care. I find your attempt at humor hilariously bad, and think you should continue if you get your jollies from it.
Fishing? LOL nobody cares for what you have to talk about here.

Whatwhere

Juniors
I don't care. I find your attempt at humor hilariously bad, and think you should continue if you get your jollies from it.
Fishing? LOL nobody cares for what you have to talk about here.

You continue to respond. So my comments continue to get a rise.

Arucard

Juniors
I don't think it's the rise you're after though.
I'm more amused that someone needs to "fish" to get their jollies in this day and age.
I don't have any cares about what you have to write about.
Please continue. I'd hate for you to finally develop a life and realize "fishing" is nerdy and lame.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Major League Rugby will play its inaugural season in 2018. Featuring 9 teams from Seattle, Denver, Austin, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Kansas City, Chicago and Utah.

I did say there were others. With PRO's sanctioining timing out in April next year this league will be professional in both terms of its cluns amd administration. Several sponsors are already in talks including insurance giant and promary sponsor of the All Blacks AIG.

Arucard

Juniors
Major League Rugby will play its inaugural season in 2018. Featuring 9 teams from Seattle, Denver, Austin, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Kansas City, Chicago and Utah.

I did say there were others. With PRO's sanctioining timing out in April next year this league will be professional in both terms of its cluns amd administration. Several sponsors are already in talks including insurance giant and promary sponsor of the All Blacks AIG.
This has nothing to do with a potential RL pro competition in America.

Whatwhere

Juniors
This has nothing to do with a potential RL pro competition in America.

Could make it more difficult to find investors and ultimately launch. When approaching investors and pitching the league many will do some research and find Major League Rugby and question the need to launch a league when a similar one already exists.

From an investors point of view it would be easier and likely safer to invest in an existing club (all of the MLR clubs already exist) or league.

taipan

Referee
Could make it more difficult to find investors and ultimately launch. When approaching investors and pitching the league many will do some research and find Major League Rugby and question the need to launch a league when a similar one already exists.

From an investors point of view it would be easier and likely safer to invest in an existing club (all of the MLR clubs already exist) or league.

Investors get nervous when a competitor is likely to move into its territory.Especailly when the new product has perhaps more entertainment value.
Uneasy lies the crown.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Investors get nervous when a competitor is likely to move into its territory.Especailly when the new product has perhaps more entertainment value.
Uneasy lies the crown.

Outside of the NRL which other League competition can actually attest to having the upperhand on its Rugby equivalent?

Whatwhere

Juniors
The NRL doesn't have a Vichy equivalent.

That's what happens in an egalitarian country.

So the answer is no other League competition outside of the NRL has the upperhand on Rugby. What does that say? I know, 'persecution, persecution, Vichy this, Vichy that' but considering in places such as England and France where people have the choice they have chosen Rugby over League.

taipan

Referee
Outside of the NRL which other League competition can actually attest to having the upperhand on its Rugby equivalent?

Which has zero to do with my statement.But whatever turns you on.

BTW people did not have a choice when union cuddled up to Vichy.The bleeding rl code was banned.
No access to schools, purloined assets handed over to union ,no Govt grants all continuing for decades.
It took til 2015 before rl could get access for DOs into schools.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Workingclassnini, please go away. None of us here give a stuff about the Amateur game of Union. Kindly piss off.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Isnt Super Leagues deal from Sky better than their Amateur equivalent shown on BT sports with the Rugby having up to and beyond three times what the amateur Union gets in ratings? Oh but but but. The club game in England holds its head high in regards any Union club comp.

That's probably why we have Nth American teams lining up to join eh?

adamkungl

Immortal

If it survives a year.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Which has zero to do with my statement.But whatever turns you on.

BTW people did not have a choice when union cuddled up to Vichy.The bleeding rl code was banned.
No access to schools, purloined assets handed over to union ,no Govt grants all continuing for decades.
It took til 2015 before rl could get access for DOs into schools.

They've had a choice for the last 72 years in France.

Whatwhere

Juniors
If it survives a year.

Different set up to that of PRO. All of the clubs involved are well established and have been investing in developing their programs over recent seasons. One already plays out of an excellent facility and another four are developing theor own stadiums with around 5,000 seats to start.

The other all have access to professional level facilities.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Isnt Super Leagues deal from Sky better than their Amateur equivalent shown on BT sports with the Rugby having up to and beyond three times what the amateur Union gets in ratings? Oh but but but. The club game in England holds its head high in regards any Union club comp.

From what I could find the Super league signed a 5 year £200m deal in 2014 to start in 2015. The PRL recently signed a deal that saw an 80% jump in value than the one they signed with BT Sports in 2012. That deal was for £152m. So adding 80% more of that value would mean the new deal is worth £271m over 5 years. Hey look at that, the Rugby competition's deal is worth more. That's not including the £200m deal with the RFU and their broadcast with NBC in the States.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Workingclassnini, please go away. None of us here give a stuff about the Amateur game of Union. Kindly piss off.

:joy::joy::joy:

How long did it take for you to figure that out? Wasn't exactly making it difficult. I thought that considering you've accused me of having a login here for a while that I might as well do it.

Whatwhere

Juniors

Mate, when the Pro12 expressed interest in adding a US based franchise there were 6 groups in talks for those rights. But, okay congratulations on the Wolfpack. What does Rugby have that can match it. Perhaps several groups looking to develop their own domestic professional league(s). Nah, one flight of fancy dot on the map that's the RL way.

Latest posts