What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

So the answer is no other League competition outside of the NRL has the upperhand on Rugby. What does that say? I know, 'persecution, persecution, Vichy this, Vichy that' but considering in places such as England and France where people have the choice they have chosen Rugby over League.
No they haven't. Bigotry has ensured they have no such choice. RL was denied the right to even call itself RL in France until a generation ago.

But here in Australia, where there has been freedom of choice for 100 years, it's clear what happens when the two go head to head. Even private school monopolies aren't enough when society is free from the overwhelming discrimination and corruption the nazi collaborators enjoy in less equal societies.

This latest yawnion tosser doesn't want to talk about Australia though. The cum stain lives here and posts on an Australian forum but won't want to mention what happens in a country when RL gets a fair go.

Just why the merkin isn't permanently consigned to TFC is an even bigger question.

jim_57

Staff member
The only question worth asking here is why a poster who is an obvious troll and has openly admitted about posting to "get a rise" isn't confined to fight club yet?

Whatwhere

Juniors
No they haven't. Bigotry has ensured they have no such choice. RL was denied the right to even call itself RL in France until a generation ago.

But here in Australia, where there has been freedom of choice for 100 years, it's clear what happens when the two go head to head. Even private school monopolies aren't enough when society is free from the overwhelming discrimination and corruption the nazi collaborators enjoy in less equal societies.

This latest yawnion tosser doesn't want to talk about Australia though. The cum stain lives here and posts on an Australian forum but won't want to mention what happens in a country when RL gets a fair go.

Just why the merkin isn't permanently consigned to TFC is an even bigger question.

And you only want to talk about Australia because its one of very few examples that back your argument. Sort of fits in with tbe vibe of this place where the only argument you lot really want to engage in is exactly who is the most right in their opinion of a very narrow world view relative to your sport of choice.

Whatwhere

Juniors
The only question worth asking here is why a poster who is an obvious troll and has openly admitted about posting to "get a rise" isn't confined to fight club yet?

Because without me to kick the hornets nest on a weekly basis this place would be the vanilla wasteland of homogenous opinion and outrage on just how wrong you can be while all agreeing as a collective your are invariably right.

jim_57

Staff member
Because without me to kick the hornets nest on a weekly basis this place would be the vanilla wasteland of homogenous opinion and outrage on just how wrong you can be while all agreeing as a collective your are invariably right.

Do you pat yourself on the back after each post?

Whatwhere

Juniors
Wait make that 2 questions worth asking to try and get things back on track. How will this all play out if any of these runours come to reality? All the different parties involved/runoured to be involved;

1) Toronto Wolfpack - Going the "transatlantic" route of working within the English system, aiming for SL.

2) Moore Sports International - Hosting the 2025 World Cup in USA/Canada. Working with the RFIL for a Professional Comp based in North America.

3) USARL & CRL - NGB's and seemily both unattached to any professional teams or potential professional teams and leagues.

4) Montreal, Boston & NY - The next three places on Eric Perez's hitlist to join English Leagues.

5) Philadelphia and Florida - Vague rumours that teams from here have expressed interest in joining League 1.

Important all these parties are on the same page IMO. We don't want another split..

I'll give you an answer. And it is genuine. I don't understand the fascination with playing in the English system. Considering this bloke Perez seems keen to fund another 3 teams and the supposed interest from Philadelpia and Florida coupled with Moore Sports proposal. Why not try and build something in North America?

It would be of more benefit to the game in Nth America to actually have a league of its own to be able to engage with than teams only really passed there part time and largely rostered with foreigners.

Something I cannot understand reading all these posts praising the Wolfpack and those behind it why no one has asked what their motives actually are? Are they doing it to help grow the game in Nth America or for the ego boost of being able to say they own a sports team.

Wouldn't the millions they will spend on this venture not be better spent getting more kids into the game? You guys don't like any mention of Rugby but as we're discussing Nth America it is relevant.

No sport can truly survive and thrive without a solid foundation. Rugby has spent 20 years at both an organisation and individual level working on growing its College base, then its HS base to the point that now over 20 states are working toward providing Rugby with Varsity status and USA Football (Gridiron) has signed a partnership agreement with USA Rugby. Now a big focus is youth Rugby.

One of the main priorities of the 9 clubs I mentioned in the MLR competition is to build extensive youth networks.

Even with all that a professional Rugby competition is hugely risky.

These guys seem to think they can just skip that. It's foolish to think so. If they really wanted to make a difference to the game and weren't concerned with losing money (which to be frank most professional sporting ventures tend to be) then actually doing the work to ensure that there is that base ready and willing.

taipan

Referee
Which has zero to do with my statement.But whatever turns you on.
They've had a choice for the last 72 years in France.

BS.
You don't have a choice if you can't promote the game in schools or unis.
You don't have a choice when the Govt doesn't recognise you as a rugby code.
You have limited choices because companies are interested in Govt approved sports.
You have little choice when there is little money available in the code, and your competition has held assets you owned for 72 years.
Do some research, you're another rah rah,( as i was once )living in a bubble.
And a commission set up by The French Govt in 2002 (sport under Vichy)stated rugby league had been skewered ,and pointed the finger directly at union.Care to dispute their findings?

And you only want to talk about Australia because its one of very few examples that back your argument. Sort of fits in with tbe vibe of this place where the only argument you lot really want to engage in is exactly who is the most right in their opinion of a very narrow world view relative to your sport of choice.
As opposed to a sad loser who spends his time on a forum for a sport he hates avoiding talking about that sport in this country because it proves his sport is nothing but a boring wankathon for private school nonces and nazi collaborators that can't compete with the sport he hates when there's an even playing field.

And once again, why is a confessed troll not sent to TFC permanently? Who the f**k isn't doing their job?

Whatwhere

Juniors
As opposed to a sad loser who spends his time on a forum for a sport he hates avoiding talking about that sport in this country because it proves his sport is nothing but a boring wankathon for private school nonces and nazi collaborators that can't compete with the sport he hates when there's an even playing field.

And once again, why is a confessed troll not sent to TFC permanently? Who the f**k isn't doing their job?

I have ever said I hated League? I much prefer Rugby but I certainly don't hate League. I don't hate any sport to be honest. Mainly because harbouring such strong emotions toward something as ultimately trivial as a sport is just silly. I have even mentioned previously that I often find myself watching a SL game here and there.

I grew up with both games. My dad was a huge Souths fans but also would watch as much Rugby as possible. Loved telling stories of watching the Ella brothers running around for Randwick. I was actually a Sharks fan to my early teens.

I stir you lot on here because I find the jump to hostility amusing. As Parra has finally figured out who I am I can say that on his sojourns on Rugby forums bringing his brand of spit and vinegar he if being honest would say he isn't met with half the hostility you lot muster.

I'm more than happy to discuss and debate issues around the growth and development of either or both games. But most of you appear not to be interested in anything resembling a dissenting opinion. All many of you seem interested in is throwing up the Vichy era treating it like the crime of the century/defining tragedy of WW2.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm more than happy to discuss and debate issues around the growth and development of either or both games. But most of you appear not to be interested in anything resembling a dissenting opinion. All many of you seem interested in is throwing up the Vichy era treating it like the crime of the century/defining tragedy of WW2.

Personally I'm not a fan of the constant victim mentality. Rugby League administrators have damaged the sport as much as any outside entity

Whatwhere

Juniors
Personally I'm not a fan of the constant victim mentality. Rugby League administrators have damaged the sport as much as any outside entity

I'm not condoning actions of the past but it does appear to the primary excuse leapt to by those unwilling to acknowledge that much of the stagnation of the game in terms of development has a great deal to do with the administration of the game than what one group did in one country 70+ years ago. And from the way some here approach it you'd think it should be a matter brought before The Hague.

Calling Rugby Naziball also shows a lack of understanding as they actually banned Rugby in Germany in the 30s. But more than that it's something I personally find quite distasteful as I'm actually 1/4 Jewish and lost family fighting against them and at the hands of them. Whether intentionally or not (and I'd suggest it's not) it trivalizes something that was particularly horrendous for something that was merely inconvienent.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
This working class guy is something else, claims to come here to stir the hornets nest because it's not ticking over much.

It's the off season you dope, oh and if you search back smartarse, I said you were WCR after your second post, stands out like dogs balls. You say the Leaguies have a victim complex, well wtf do you have with having to use a name working class rugga then come here and be the exact opposite of working class person?

You are a confused lad that's for sure.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
From what I could find the Super league signed a 5 year £200m deal in 2014 to start in 2015. The PRL recently signed a deal that saw an 80% jump in value than the one they signed with BT Sports in 2012. That deal was for £152m. So adding 80% more of that value would mean the new deal is worth £271m over 5 years. Hey look at that, the Rugby competition's deal is worth more. That's not including the £200m deal with the RFU and their broadcast with NBC in the States.
So the sl gets 200 million and the union get 152, but the union is worth more because ummm, you added other countries broadcasting rights to it.

Wow.

You said show me where a club rl comp beats any union comp out side of the NRL, well the SL deal beats just about every deal the Union lot have for a club comp.

Suck it up princess, your code is no where near as big as you, or the other nut job unionite fanatics suggest, you are a blip above RL, well done being a blip above your little brother. Must be scary knowing that usually, little bro grows up to kick the absolute crap out of bigger brother eventually, all that pent up frustration being released after years of being picked on and humiliated. It will be a wonderful thing to behold.

Whatwhere

Juniors
So the sl gets 200 million and the union get 152, but the union is worth more because ummm, you added other countries broadcasting rights to it.

Wow.

You said show me where a club rl comp beats any union comp out side of the NRL, well the SL deal beats just about every deal the Union lot have for a club comp.

Suck it up princess, your code is no where near as big as you, or the other nut job unionite fanatics suggest, you are a blip above RL, well done being a blip above your little brother. Must be scary knowing that usually, little bro grows up to kick the absolute crap out of bigger brother eventually, all that pent up frustration being released after years of being picked on and humiliated. It will be a wonderful thing to behold.

Wow...I thought I was pretty clear in my last comment but obviously not. The £152m deal was the old betweenthe PRL and BT Sport. It actually expired at the end of the 2015/16 season. The new one which has just come into effective saw the first deal have an extra 80% added on to it.

So let's do the math. The 2012/13 - 2015/16 deal was worth £152m. Now in the new deal that has just come into effect this season see's BT Sports increasing their offering by 80% from the original 2012/13 deal.

So, when you take £152m and add 80% which represents the increase in the offer from BT Sports you get £276.3m over a five year period. I haven't taken into account their share of the TV deal for the European Cup fixtures. But from memory that's around £100m over the same period.

The RFL signed a deal in 2014 to come into effect in 2015 for £200m. Which at the time was larger than the PRL's but not anymore. Though not as big as you would like to believe considering the also had the Heineken Cup deal during that time that added to the kitty.

The PRL also has a funding deal with the RFU worth £200m over the same period.

Is that basic enough for you to understand. Comparing both current deals, Rugby's is larger.

Oh and the Top 14 deal to make it easier for you to understand 'shits on the SL deal from a great height' in terms of overall value. It's worth about double.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Wow...I thought I was pretty clear in my last comment but obviously not. The £152m deal was the old betweenthe PRL and BT Sport. It actually expired at the end of the 2015/16 season. The new one which has just come into effective saw the first deal have an extra 80% added on to it.

So let's do the math. The 2012/13 - 2015/16 deal was worth £152m. Now in the new deal that has just come into effect this season see's BT Sports increasing their offering by 80% from the original 2012/13 deal.

So, when you take £152m and add 80% which represents the increase in the offer from BT Sports you get £276.3m over a five year period. I haven't taken into account their share of the TV deal for the European Cup fixtures. But from memory that's around £100m over the same period.

The RFL signed a deal in 2014 to come into effect in 2015 for £200m. Which at the time was larger than the PRL's but not anymore. Though not as big as you would like to believe considering the also had the Heineken Cup deal during that time that added to the kitty.

The PRL also has a funding deal with the RFU worth £200m over the same period.

Is that basic enough for you to understand. Comparing both current deals, Rugby's is larger.

Oh and the Top 14 deal to make it easier for you to understand 'shits on the SL deal from a great height' in terms of overall value. It's worth about double.

Hell, SR combined deal is far in excess of the SL deal. The $58m a season deal signed by the ARU is only the Australian contingent of it. That's for just 5 teams. The combined deal is worth $615m dollars or £378m.

Arucard

Juniors
I'm looking forward to another season of Rugby League in the USA and Looking forward to future developments of a pro competition there in the future.Having a successful Toronto Wolfpack Rugby League club will also help further things for a pro Rugby League competition in North America. A big year ahead for Rugby League!

Whatwhere

Juniors
This working class guy is something else, claims to come here to stir the hornets nest because it's not ticking over much.

It's the off season you dope, oh and if you search back smartarse, I said you were WCR after your second post, stands out like dogs balls. You say the Leaguies have a victim complex, well wtf do you have with having to use a name working class rugga then come here and be the exact opposite of working class person?

You are a confused lad that's for sure.

Mate, unlike in League it's always Rugby season. The Top 14, Aviva Premiership and Pro 12 are all in season at present. They kick off in October and run through to May. If you're going to have a dig. Make sure you have all the facts. And before you say that I cannot watch them here, yes, yes I can ESPN, Bein Sports and Eurosports broadcast all three via the Fox Sports package.

How exactly am I being antithetical of an individual from a 'working class' background?

Arucard

Juniors
Mate, unlike in League it's always Rugby season. The Top 14, Aviva Premiership and Pro 12 are all in season at present. They kick off in October and run through to May. If you're going to have a dig. Make sure you have all the facts. And before you say that I cannot watch them here, yes, yes I can ESPN, Bein Sports and Eurosports broadcast all three via the Fox Sports package.

How exactly am I being antithetical of an individual from a 'working class' background?
Never heard of these things. They all obviously have nothing to do with a USA pro Rugby League competition or I would have heard of them.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Never heard of these things. They all obviously have nothing to do with a USA pro Rugby League competition or I would have heard of them.

My experience of conversations on forums suggests that threads often tend to diverge and cover other topics beyond the original OP. Such as occurred here.

Latest posts