What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I would have liked this question to be asked

Paul - The dragons bought a big tall left winger in Nene Macdonald who is excellent in the air. Why did you play him on the right and not kick a single bomb his way?

Rufus
Paul reply
Nene macdonald dosn't he.
That's right he plays for the Titans dosn't he.

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Its OK one nail in the coffin, We will be 0 from 4 when the comp starts and Mary will continue to be deluded. Lets read into yeh that was good"" why because he knows his golden handshake is coming and thats not by way of a new contract.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mary isn't deluded

He is a guy who knows he is not up to the task, body language in press conference said it all

Mary recognises he is a dead man walking

When the tap on the shoulder finally comes I expect he will be relieved

It is very hot in the kitchen tonight
Your right problem is the fire in the kitchen should have been extinguished before the start of season 2016

Dea

Juniors
Post game reports and coaches comments the same as last year. We scored our couple of tries. Our attack sucks. Halves are hopeless. McGregor believes we are on track and it is Benji's fault we lost. (Not being involved in recruitment and retention of players any more he hasn't realised that Benji has left the club yet)

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change until we change the coach.

Walpole

Juniors
I think it's abundantly clear that McGregor has no idea what to do. He wants to be an NRL coach but I suspect deep down he realises he just isn't up to it. There's no structure or apparent game plan, just a desperate hope they'll jag a win or that things will magically turn around. He doesn't have the skills for the job and management haven't got the balls to remove him.

Ben Hunt is a good signing for next season but without an NRL standard coach he'll be wasted. I'm starting to think the best thing for young guys like Field, Leilua, Dufty etc might be to be kept away from McGregor until a new coach his installed. McGregor will only have a detrimental effect on their development.

Saintsified

Bench
I think it's abundantly clear that McGregor has no idea what to do. He wants to be an NRL coach but I suspect deep down he realises he just isn't up to it. There's no structure or apparent game plan, just a desperate hope they'll jag a win or that things will magically turn around. He doesn't have the skills for the job and management haven't got the balls to remove him.

Ben Hunt is a good signing for next season but without an NRL standard coach he'll be wasted. I'm starting to think the best thing for young guys like Field, Leilua, Dufty etc might be to be kept away from McGregor until a new coach his installed. McGregor will only have a detrimental effect on their development.
Or leave like Jack Bird and win a comp

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I'm no McGregor sympathiser but Widdop is letting him and everyone else down badly, he takes all the wind out of the sails of the attack, repeatedly. Should McGregor sack or move him to another position?

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I know people are frustrated with widdop but take a look at the facts. He is being played outside of his true strengths. Just like they did with Benji who will shine at broncos this year.

Widdop was very very solid at storm and when he first joined us, if people recall, he got the team going forward and we went really well for the first half season.

Price and then McMoron then changed his role and they have ruined him. I feel sorry for the guy. Under Bennett or Bellamy he would still be a critical cog in an overall well oiled machine.

Don't fall into the spin of McMoron and blame our players - the problem is the coach.

It is so obvious to anyone who knows Rugby League.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I know people are frustrated with widdop but take a look at the facts. He is being played outside of his true strengths. Just like they did with Benji who will shine at broncos this year.

Widdop was very very solid at storm and when he first joined us, if people recall, he got the team going forward and we went really well for the first half season.

Price and then McMoron then changed his role and they have ruined him. I feel sorry for the guy. Under Bennett or Bellamy he would still be a critical cog in an overall well oiled machine.

Don't fall into the spin of McMoron and blame our players - the problem is the coach.

It is so obvious to anyone who knows Rugby League.

Garbage! He plays the same shitty game for England. 50% of what he does comes off and the other 50% is ruinous. Widdop is crap irrespective of the coaching.