What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warner....

JJ

Immortal
He needs a kick in the arse. His attitude to batting stinks at the moment, zero application IMO. He needs to demonstrate more than one gear...his ton vs NZ at Hobart all those years ago was an excellent knock, so he does have application in him.

He's always been a ridiculously overrated fielder IMO. Good on the ground but can't throw for shit and hit and miss hands.
But what about his heroic century before lunch - surely that's the highlight of everyone's cricket watching lives? Wonder who gives him the willies more, Ashwin or SBW...

Steve Rixon says he's the best fielder in the world, so yeah I reckon you're on the mark there

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ed Cowan has no chance, you only need to average 15 to make into the Aussie squad, his average this season is way to high for them.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Cowan....ugh no thanks. I'd rather watch Warner fail than watch Cowan nudge his way to 20 over a couple of hours.

JJ

Immortal
perhaps the greatest flack track bully in cricket history - just brilliant - that century before lunch was special spine tingling stuff - he's just f**king awesome, what a player, what a man

axl rose

Bench
Does he ever get any criticism from sports journos or Lehmann. Seems to be a protected species. Always been a batsman with limited skills but there's really no excuses for his piss poor fielding. Vice captain... wow talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ed Cowan for David Warner? The Australian selectors aren't THAT stupid boys. Cowan and Renshaw as a combination is way too stifling.

Look over Warner's dismissals on this tour. I wouldn't put it all down to blind slogging. If anything Warner has been very subdued on this tour.

I'll back him for a big one.

FYI, Shaun Marsh can open...

...the door to the aeroplane to take him back home with his passport stamped "Never to represent Australia again"?

simmo1

First Grade
Warner lives off that one series in South Africa. It is literally the only series where he has scored consistent runs against quality bowling, on a decent pitch.

In contrast, Shaun Marsh's career has always been defined by that series against India where he average about 3.

I suspect if you looked at their records minus those two series, their records would be eerily similar.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Another fantastic knock by Mr Vice Captain

Useless overrated dud who can only score runs at home.

perhaps the greatest flack track bully in cricket history - just brilliant - that century before lunch was special spine tingling stuff - he's just f**king awesome, what a player, what a man

For the conditions, on that day, held in isolation, it was fairly exciting to witness it.

In India...and elsewhere for that matter, even Tasmania, it's LOLworthy.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Unless he plays in South Africa Warner should be banned from touring overseas.
A flat track dummy.

Eelectrica

Referee
If they're not going to drop him perhaps swap him to 4 and open with Sean Marsh.
Marsh has done better than Warner on this tour. Not a huge statement I know, but still.

Fangs

Coach
Man what a different series this would have been had Warner pulled his finger out.

One test to go. He can be the difference, though it might be too late.

Expecting the pitch in the 4th test to be a howler. India can't afford to draw it, they need to win.

Latest posts