What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Michael Ennis is good.

Gasnier is the worst. Last Saturday he may as well have dropped to his knees for the Roosters and be done with it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Guttenbiel and Halligan are the biggest duo of insufferable f**ks in all of rugby league broadcasting.

The bias whenever the Warriors or Kiwis is nauseating and neither of them can call a game to save themselves.

Genuinely terrible. I hate watching Warriors games as it means I have to be subjected to their banality.

"Shaun Johnson at his best" - have a shot.

kbw

Bench
It's absurd that Gould won this poll. He's one of the only commentators in the game who provides genuine insight into RL. His feel for the game is far beyond anyone else on the list. It's part of why he was such a successful coach.

Can't disagree more.
His dribble on the TV (I refuse to call it commentary) is nothing more than biased agenda driven rubbish. His "insights" into RL are are nothing more than predictable rantings awash with hindsight and hypocrisy.

Without doubt Gould has an incredible knowledge of the game but it definitely does not translate as soon as he gets near any form of media.
I always refer to there being 2 Goulds, football Gould and idiot clown Gould which is the one that appears in the media

Bolts Hadley and his centre-3/4's are the worst. Just terrible. He should not be allowed anywhere near Rugby League. I don't watch Ch Nein anymore which helps with avoiding this turd on legs.

My second vote was for Steve Roach. He tongues the nut bag in a big way. 160kg sack of shit that squeaks like a 10 year old girl.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Is it Andy Raymond that said Matt Scott looks like he's come from WWE Hell In A Cell earlier? I'm sure he makes wrestling references every year (tackles looking like World Championship Wrestling and whatnot) so I can't hate on him.

Even if his Bob The Builder style commentary used to irritate the hell outta me (has he scored it? Yes he has).

Canard

Immortal
Bolts Hadley and his centre-3/4's are the worst. Just terrible. He should not be allowed anywhere near Rugby League. I don't watch Ch Nein anymore which helps with avoiding this turd on legs.

My second vote was for Steve Roach. He tongues the nut bag in a big way. 160kg sack of shit that squeaks like a 10 year old girl.

That last paragraph. Pissing myself laughing.

Can I use that??

eel01s

Bench
Walters was abysmal yesterday. He obviously had a punt on the Dragons. How could anyone familiar with the game not know how to pronounce Radradra?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
andy Raymond sounds like he is trying to be the soundbyte for the fox ads/promos with every sentence

Nice Beaver

First Grade
andy Raymond sounds like he is trying to be the soundbyte for the fox ads/promos with every sentence

Thats right "CHAMP"

How good does the dickhead think he is when he does those halftime interviews and just ends it and snatches the microphone back.

Cringeworthy.

undertaker

Coach

Saw Blocker towards the end of last year standing at a bus stop in Randwick (not sure what the hell he was doing there).

The last time I saw him in person was on the sideline at the Knights-Dragons match in 1999. Since then (and leaving Ch9), he's put on a LOT of weight. Seriously, these guys such as Blocker and Big Marn must be pigging out on junk food 24/7.

undertaker

Coach
Halligan is without question for me the worst. Can't actually speak the language, for a start. Has no insight into the game (given he was a glorified place kicker, not surprising), uses 'line speed' to explain every swing in play or momentum with one side, says 'for sure' at the end of most things, comes up with phrases as funny as a kick in the pills as an attempt at humour, overpronounces Polynesian names, stutters and mumbles...he's just crap. And has been for 10 years, yet still keeps getting a job.

Mind you, he's amongst friends in being shit in the NZ commentary team.

I can't think of a job in the world where you can be so inept for so long and continue to be employed.

Halligan has been commentating for Sky NZ since 2001 (when he joined Costigan, who replaced Graeme Hughes). Quite amazing someone of Halligan's calibre has lasted that long in a commentary job.

Surely he either must have friends in high places or got some confidential info on some of the tv executives