What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simona / Salary cap

Is it Simona or the Nrl that has delayed the hearing ?if its the Nrl their evidence must be questionable if its only based on hearsay,and if they do have something concrete you have to wonder by what legal means did they obtain it when peoples betting accounts are usually private and confidential information.

macnaz

Staff member
Yes she provided the info late last year but then backed out .... now she has come back again.. info is supposingly social media and txts etc.

super_coach

First Grade
Brooks will be one of our best players this year. His stats last year were very good except for defence and his defence was more about not getting much help from his minders. Like with all other no7 in the game he had a lot of big boppers to contend with.
Anyway the bottom line is there will be no shortage of offers from other clubs and you don't get flooded with offers if you can not play

Tiger Ted

Bench
Brooks will be one of our best players this year. His stats last year were very good except for defence and his defence was more about not getting much help from his minders. Like with all other no7 in the game he had a lot of big boppers to contend with.
Anyway the bottom line is there will be no shortage of offers from other clubs and you don't get flooded with offers if you can not play
Supply & demand & the fact he plays in a key position help enormously re the no. of offers.

Also the ridiculous contract that a b - grader like Hunt has received from the imbeciles @ st George will inflate the money other halves off contract will demand .

Hunt isn't worth any more than 1/3 of the money saints will b recklessly giving him.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Lockyer and thurston were/are poor tacklers..
Most 7's cant tackle ..they all need help...
Although Tommy R could tackle...lol

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Supply & demand & the fact he plays in a key position help enormously re the no. of offers.

Also the ridiculous contract that a b - grader like Hunt has received from the imbeciles @ st George will inflate the money other halves off contract will demand .

Hunt isn't worth any more than 1/3 of the money saints will b recklessly giving him.
When i hear the name Hunt i think of the word MISTAKES/ERRORS.
He's also a top contender for my UGLY TEAM of 2017,which you will see on here towards end of the comp...stay tuned...
Any suggestions would help me as well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Lockyer and thurston were/are poor tacklers..
Most 7's cant tackle ..they all need help...
Although Tommy R could tackle...lol
So could Garry the whiz Freeman.Sterlo was also a fabulous defender.

I remember as a kid @ leichhardt watching Tommy
pick up big Dennis Manteit a prop for us & drive him back 5 mtrs.

macnaz

Staff member
Sorry i cant seem to post a link but the latest report is Simona has also been accused of selling NRL items for charity .. but charity appeared to start at home with the money not going to its promised cause.
This guy is really starting to look like a real dodgy prick.

macnaz

Staff member
Channel Nine reports that the NRL is questioning Simona over his relationship with several charities.

Nine reporter Danny Weidler says Simona was auctioning off playing gear for charity, but questions have been raised over how much of the cash was actuallly donated.

Tiger05

First Grade
He sounds like he has no idea. I always liked him but hey if he is dodgy he is dodgy.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Whoever is leaking it would wanna have some solid proof RE the charity dodgies, arguably more defaming than the betting stuff..

Clifferd

Coach
Well I think we all knew it was gonna come just a matter of time before the confirmation

Does this free up salary cap space or does it just mean someone from the 2nd tier replaces him in the 25?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I'm stunned by this, he was the last person I would have expected to do something like what he has been punted for. The sort of behaviour you would expect from a junkie, which I suppose is near enough to what a gambling addict is. I do hope the club and NRL provide him some support to get his life together, but I don't think he'll ever play league again. By the way, I'm not making any excuses for him - it's despicable behaviour, and he knew he was doing wrong.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Well I think we all knew it was gonna come just a matter of time before the confirmation

Does this free up salary cap space or does it just mean someone from the 2nd tier replaces him in the 25?

From what I can gather reading between the lines of NRL & Tigers media releases, news reports etc his contract has been torn up due to massive breaches of the code of conduct, rules. There is no payout, the money allocated in the cap towards Simona's contract goes back into the Tigers coffers as the contract no longer exists. I can't see how this could work any other way, the NRL cannot tear up a players contract & then force a club to pay him out & have it count towards the salary cap. I hope the club wipes their hands of him & offers him zero financial or emotional support. He has slapped this club & every supporter directly in the face. He deserves nothing from the game. The official NRL release states he bet on opposition teams to win games & players to score tries. It defiles the very sanctity of the game that you assume that every player that pulls on your clubs colours is doing his absolute best to win a game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, because he's been terminated by the NRL and has breached his contract then he receives no money and the value of his contract will be returned fully to the club.

I'm concerned though that the club knew about this before it went public, because if I recall correctly, there were rumours the club were trying to palm him off just a few days before the match fixing allegations surfaced.

The same thing happened with Lovett too.

Why did the club try to pass the buck instead of reporting these directly to the NRL?

Hawkins

Juniors
If you guys have some spare cash I hear the Titans might be trying to offload a fullback.

JT is an easy going coach who gets along with all his players and has never been punched in the head by one of them right?