What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Clifferd

Coach
Fox Sports reporting Tigers are chasing hard for Jack De Belin for 2018

I've always rated him, he's a fringe origin player imo and will probably play there eventually, imagine if we could snag him?

I've always said we are probably 1 quality back rower and centre away from a serious title contender and if we can keep the big 5 and sign this guy

There should be good times ahead

Perth Tiger

Bench
where would we play him though, he seems solely a middle forward and we already have Taylor and a bunch of props.

Frankly I would rather us resign the big 4 plus Nofa first. Or look for an actual edge forward. Would love Frizzile or Thompson instead if we are going to poach a dragon

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
He went to St Greg's in campbelltown in the same grade as Jack Stockwell and Alex Mckinnon and a year above Tedesco and Groat.

Always wondered why the tigers never looked at him as apparently the only reason he went to the dragons was because he tagged along with stockwell when he would go for training

Tiger Ted

Bench
where would we play him though, he seems solely a middle forward and we already have Taylor and a bunch of props.

Frankly I would rather us resign the big 4 plus Nofa first. Or look for an actual edge forward. Would love Frizzile or Thompson instead if we are going to poach a dragon
The priorities should b the big 3 (excluding Brooks) plus Nofo.Brooks is way down the pecking order.

My normally very reliable source @ concord tells me our sublime no.1 has committed to us & ive no doubt the captain will be a tiger long-term.Moses is going to cost us a truckload of cash & going by the money Suli is on Nofo understandably won't b cheap.Nofo is irreplaceable & we must resign him.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He went to St Greg's in campbelltown in the same grade as Jack Stockwell and Alex Mckinnon and a year above Tedesco and Groat.

Always wondered why the tigers never looked at him as apparently the only reason he went to the dragons was because he tagged along with stockwell when he would go for training
He is also the grandson of ex Balmain junior & premiership winner from the 40's Fred.

Clifferd

Coach

Before he moved to middle forward, he was an excellent edge back tower which nearly forced him into origin

He is an excellent defender and can run a line that's for sure, probably replace Sue in the back row and Sue can go in the prop rotation again.

But yes I 100% agree, focus on getting the important signatures 1st and foremost which is the big 5

TheFrog

Coach
Would be an outstanding signing for your joint but I'd have to think it means letting go of someone else. I wonder who? Dragons would be willing to do a swap for Teddy I think.

Clifferd

Coach
Would be an outstanding signing for your joint but I'd have to think it means letting go of someone else. I wonder who? Dragons would be willing to do a swap for Teddy I think.

Madman if you think we'd do a swap for teddy. I dunno really, could clean out a bunch of nuffy player such as Rankin, Lovett, Edwards and the likes and would have enough

TheFrog

Coach
Madman if you think we'd do a swap for teddy.
They call it humour, Cliff. Actually, I'd be surprised if St George were willing to let deBelin go. He's a hard runner in a hard running (sometimes) pack. Dugan was the one I was hearing might be on the market.

Rankin, Lovett, Edwards

The way the salary cap works, if you take away players from the bottom end of your top 25, they are replaced in the top 25 by other players from the second tier on almost as much money, so it doesn't free up much at all. You have to lose someone comparable in salary for it to balance up, while still having appropriate back-up players in the squad.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
The priorities should b the big 3 (excluding Brooks) plus Nofo.Brooks is way down the pecking order.

My normally very reliable source @ concord tells me our sublime no.1 has committed to us & ive no doubt the captain will be a tiger long-term.Moses is going to cost us a truckload of cash & going by the money Suli is on Nofo understandably won't b cheap.Nofo is irreplaceable & we must resign him.

I pray you are right in relation to Tedesco.

When it comes to the rest of them I want Brooks to stay but Nofo should be above him in the pecking order. I think in priority the signings should be Tedesco, Nofo & Woods at about the same level, then Moses & then Brooks.

Nofo is huge for us. We have a long history of thinking wingers are basically worthless. I hope that this changes.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I pray you are right in relation to Tedesco.

When it comes to the rest of them I want Brooks to stay but Nofo should be above him in the pecking order. I think in priority the signings should be Tedesco, Nofo & Woods at about the same level, then Moses & then Brooks.

Nofo is huge for us. We have a long history of thinking wingers are basically worthless. I hope that this changes.
I've been pissed off ever since I heard the unconfirmed rumour that Nofo could b going to parra.We MUST sign Nofo.Wingers of his calibre r invaluable.

Its about bloody time this club makes all the obvious & correct decisions re retention & recruitment.I'm sick of us just making up the numbers.We possess the nucleus to b a rugby league powerhouse over the next decade.

simmo05

Bench
De Belin is a gun, would love for him to come over. Dont forget we are still paying the termite 700+ this year. Lose brooks, Simona gone, there is at least 1.6 million spare next year imo. Upgrade the other 4 and grab De Belin

Tiger05

First Grade
I've been pissed off ever since I heard the unconfirmed rumour that Nofo could b going to parra.We MUST sign Nofo.Wingers of his calibre r invaluable.

Its about bloody time this club makes all the obvious & correct decisions re retention & recruitment.I'm sick of us just making up the numbers.We possess the nucleus to b a rugby league powerhouse over the next decade.

I completely agree.

I don't get how this club doesn't rate wingers and we still seem to think you can just chuck anyone there and it'll be good. Wingers are like extra forwards who score tries. A big part of Cronulla's and Canberra's game is powerful running from their wingers. Nofo adds a tonne to our team.

I'd love to see De Belin here but I'm not sure he is what we need. We need some edge forwards coming through or we need to go out and buy them. We need to sort out our centres. I think we are really weak now in those positions. Maybe Idris will get the job done in one of those roles but at the moment I'm not confident. We don't though want to go backwards and lose someone like Nofo in order to get a potential fix in those positions.

Clifferd

Coach
De Belin is exactly what we need, we haven't had a quality back rower since Gareth Ellis and look how well we did with the years he was with us

Not sure about De Belin but then again we have signed worse in the past,Nofo is a must to retain,if anyone has to be let go I'd say Brooks,but you would never know with our club,it puzzles me that we can sign young Suli for 1.2 but couldn't afford JAC,a bloody obvious match winner.

Tiger Ted

Bench
De Belin is exactly what we need, we haven't had a quality back rower since Gareth Ellis and look how well we did with the years he was with us
If only we could clone the supreme forward to have ever played for WT thus far.Im sure the sheenius would've tried diligently to turn the sublime pommy backrower into an effeminate soft cock like he did with the majority of the pussy forwards that played under the senile prick & his imbecile right hand man who masqueraded as a defensive coach !

Shredder

Juniors
11 DeBelin
12 Lawrence
13 ET

Looks pretty good to me.
Sue goes back to starting prop.
And we can piss off some of the crap "depth" back rowers we have.
Let them "reach their potential" somewhere else.

As an aside, Im happy (very happy) JT isnt playing ET as a hooker this year - that was just horrible last year....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to have him here.

There was talk a month or two ago that ET wants to go to NZ at the end of the year.

JdB can come home (i believe his Grandfather was Balmain great Fred de Belin)

simmo05

Bench
I'd love to have him here.

There was talk a month or two ago that ET wants to go to NZ at the end of the year.

JdB can come home (i believe his Grandfather was Balmain great Fred de Belin)

Can someone have a quiet word in ET's ear and let him know what traditionally happens when good players go to the Warriors?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/de-belin-signs-new-dragons-deal/tabid/10874/newsid/104606/default.aspx

Scratch that...

The St George Illawarra Dragons have announced the re-signing of lock Jack de Belin on a three-year deal.

De Belin will remain at the Dragons until the end of the 2020 Telstra Premiership season.

"I'm stoked to be staying at the club. I've always seen myself staying here," de Belin said.

"It's the only club I've ever been at and I love it here. I love the direction we're going in so it was an easy decision for me.

"I feel I have a lot of potential that I haven't tapped into yet."