What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 : Vs Manly Lotto Land @ 5.30pm Saturday 11th March

alien

Referee
I actually thought musgrove was quite disappointing tonight. He is supposed to be a hard runner but his running was really soft especially in the opening of the game. I'm sure he will improve on that next week and come back just as good as he usually is.

Clark absolutely smashed it tonight. He 100% deserves starting prop next game. Really paid Madge back for the faith that he showed in him. He has ball playing skills too which is unique for a prop.

I thought Musgrove was fine, without being a star.

Clark was fine in defense, but didn't make a lot of metres with his runs. I'd prefer Tom Burgess to start.

Musgrove: 12 hit ups for 84 metres, 20 tackles, no missed tackles (47 mins)
Clark: 9 hit ups for 58 metres, 12 tackles, no missed tackles (31 mins)

https://matchcentre.nrl.com/match/2017/111/20171110250/#player-stats

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I thought Musgrove was fine, without being a star.

Clark was fine in defense, but didn't make a lot of metres with his runs. I'd prefer Tom Burgess to start.

Musgrove: 12 hit ups for 84 metres, 20 tackles, no missed tackles (47 mins)
Clark: 9 hit ups for 58 metres, 12 tackles, no missed tackles (31 mins)

correctamundo alien....Shadow...

alien

Referee
Shadow, both can defend, but Tom is just capable of making more metres with his runs because of his size. It was a good win today, but we will go against harder packs than Manly's pack today.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Shadow, both can defend, but Tom is just capable of making more metres with his runs because of his size. It was a good win today, but we will go against harder packs than Manly's pack today.

alien the bottom line is- if you look at our 2014 players roster against our 2017 players roster its chalk and cheese mate and we are going to struggle regardless of whom ever we slot into each position on the park i believe your team and r20"s team and my team is the way to go but i am not confident becoz our forwards depth is not firing and since losing teo,and bully and mcqueen plus our 3 backs in lote dwalkz and auvaa just these 6 players alone has weakened our team big time especially teo and bully they are both major losses of great magnitude for souths decline since 2014....Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
The first try was 110% goodwin fault. It was a 2 on 2 and Goodwin ran for Dylan walker. He didn't read the play well and that's what's disappointing. He probably didn't have faith in Jennings but that's not really an excuse. A centre and a winger have to trust each other otherwise points galore will head down their end.
Jennings actually missed the tackle. I just watched it back. He didn't wrap Dylan up hence he passed.

Goodwin obviously came in as he didn't trust Jennings.

I still think even if Goodwin stays on his wing they still score as Jennings missed the tackle.

They will get better with communication and trust in time.

On Fox Sports they said it was Jennings' fault.

It was both their faults imo.

Manly' second try was poor defence from Turner and Hunt. Very soft from those 2.

alien

Referee
At the end of the press conference Madge said Musgrove needs to get better at the start of games. In his first stint he only had 4 for 17m.

He praised him for his second stint.

This is why we need someone like Tom starting with him. We know Sam will make plenty of metres, but we need at least a second player up the middle third who we know will make plenty of metres with hit ups. Clark just doesn't do this, most of the time. Musgrove is better, but maybe a bit inconsistent at the moment. I'm happy with Musgrove and Tom starting in the front row (hopefully Tom comes back into first grade in Round 3), with Sam at lock (who is like a third prop).

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is why we need someone like Tom starting with him. We know Sam will make plenty of metres, but we need at least a second player up the middle third who we know will make plenty of metres with hit ups. Clark just doesn't do this, most of the time. Musgrove is better, but maybe a bit inconsistent at the moment.
Before I answer your post alien let me say where is Clifferd and Vic?????? They have disappeared!!!!!!!! Funny that!!!!!!!! Go the Pennies tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is why we need someone like Tom starting with him. We know Sam will make plenty of metres, but we need at least a second player up the middle third who we know will make plenty of metres with hit ups. Clark just doesn't do this, most of the time. Musgrove is better, but maybe a bit inconsistent at the moment. I'm happy with Musgrove and Tom starting in the front row, with Sam at lock (who is like a third lock).
Alright now to answer you!!!!!!!!

Musgrove imo could be starting off the bench next week. He's good in the second half of games!!!!!!!! It was the same last week as well!!!!!

Yes alien Sam is a marked man by our opposition as they know if they shut him down they can get on top. Sam made 11 for 70m in the first half.

In the second half for the 25mins Sam was on he made 9 for 90m.

Let's hope Tom comes back in soon.

Mind you alien Clark was very solid today but he didn't make inroads. He made 9 for 58m.

But yes at this stage I would probably start with Tom and Musgrove like you.

Madge probably won't change a winning side though.

But in a few weeks we could maybe see Clark drop out of the side altogether with hopefully George and Tom firing!!!!!!!

Clark played the first 25mins today and didn't come back after that!!!!!!

Sam must stay at lock as he roams more there and can run wider at times!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the first half alien AJ really struggled to gain metres. Only 34m in first half. He really lifted when it mattered in the second half though.

Let's hope AJ is more consistent. I worry about his defence a little still.

Latest posts