What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 : Vs Manly Lotto Land @ 5.30pm Saturday 11th March

Rabbits20

Immortal
5 errors
3 penalties conceded
22 missed tackles (-20 on last week)

This is the formula for winning games.
We saw in the first 12 minutes what happens when you turn the ball over.
A piggy pack penalty giving them a set starting around halfway and also kicking out on the full giving them another set starting in our half.

Once we cut the errors and penalties out we were able to control the game.
It looks like Madge does have. Plan B!
We seem to be more "expansive" and less "bash and barge".
Correctamundo.

Farah adds creativity and Madge let's Cody do his thing!!!!!

We were throwing the ball around more too which is what must continue to happen!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I actually thought musgrove was quite disappointing tonight. He is supposed to be a hard runner but his running was really soft especially in the opening of the game. I'm sure he will improve on that next week and come back just as good as he usually is.

Clark absolutely smashed it tonight. He 100% deserves starting prop next game. Really paid Madge back for the faith that he showed in him. He has ball playing skills too which is unique for a prop.

Sam Burgess is always good. He ran hard when we needed him to. George was great off the bench I would like to see him come off the bench more often than start.

Sutton and turner both stepped up from last week as well. Turner rallied up 33 tackles tonight! Also made some very nice runs.

I don't know what everyone else thinks but I think Rochow has been a good recruit for us. He takes a few hit ups and makes a lot of meters for the limited time he gets.

Really can't fault anyone tonight I'm just hoping Goodwin and musgrove can improve, which I know they will. Goodwin should have been moved to the middle of the pitch after that terrible kick off to defend those 6 tackles himself.
Souths til I die good to hear your views.

Correct re Musgrove at the start. He was poor as Madge said at the press conference. He has to get better at this. His second stint was very good.

Clark has to continue with the ball playing too. Just as long as Clark doesn't get more than 25-30mins a game. He made the 58m. A little more would have been good. But yes he was good. Only negative was he got pushed back a bit!!!!!

Rochow reminds me of Lowe.

I actually wanted Turner to get more involved in the first half. He misread the Manly second try too with poor defence. Turner missed tackles last week too in the second row that led to tries against us. I hope he fixes this up. He was definitely better today though.

I was really impressed with Sutto.

Yes that was a bad mistake from Bryson but he did do a lot of shit work. 11 for 109m. 4th highest metre gainer in the side last week and 5th highest metre gainer in the side this week. His combo with Jennings will get better, it takes time!!!!

I also wish Hunt would stop knocking on coming out of trouble. He put us under severe pressure just before half time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Big Bobbie Jennings fan here.
Watching him today I thought he had a few really bad misses in defense but scored a good try and good break that lead to Farrah's four pointer.
What are your thoughts?
Yes Jennings must work on his defence.

He has a tendency to let in tries!!!!!

Today he missed one he had to make on Dylan.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't be so hasty to clear Goodwin, he then kicked out on the full from the restart and also missed Uate that led to the length of the field try.
Your blaming him for the Uate try!!!!! There were 4 other players from our side near him and Goodwin wasn't the closest. So let's blame the 4 other guys then too!!!!!

Let's be honest, none of our 5 guys were going to catch Uate!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just watched back the Uate run and AJ was closest and missed a tackle on him and then Jennings was next closest to him and then Goodwin was on his wing third closest!!!!!! Oh but let's just blame Bryson as 2 other guys closer who are quicker than Bryson couldn't stop it!!!!!

I am blaming AJ who had a clear chance directly on Uate and couldn't make the tackle. Poor defence!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why didn't you come R20??? :(
I have been told by close family who've been over there and by friends not to go there ever. They say the Manly fans can't be quite bad over there and they got verbally abused and their fans got in their faces!!!!!

Were you in the Burrow alien????

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought Musgrove was fine, without being a star.

Clark was fine in defense, but didn't make a lot of metres with his runs. I'd prefer Tom Burgess to start.

Musgrove: 12 hit ups for 84 metres, 20 tackles, no missed tackles (47 mins)
Clark: 9 hit ups for 58 metres, 12 tackles, no missed tackles (31 mins)

https://matchcentre.nrl.com/match/2017/111/20171110250/#player-stats
Yeah Clark got pushed back a bit. He did better than Tyrrell though.

I'd prefer Tom there too!!!!!

Alien where do you get the stats from about how many mins the guys played?????

On my NRL App it won't show me how many mins they played for some reason!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks alien, I looked in the match centre.

They updated the stats a couple of hours after the match as it said otherwise just after the game had finished!!!

alien

Referee
I have been told by close family who've been over there and by friends not to go there ever. They say the Manly fans can't be quite bad over there and they got verbally abused and their fans got in their faces!!!!!

Were you in the Burrow alien????

There are some feral Manly supporters on the hill. I have seen them throw things at opposition supporters before.

I wasn't in The Burrow, but not too far away.

alien

Referee
Yeah Clark got pushed back a bit. He did better than Tyrrell though.

I'd prefer Tom there too!!!!!

Alien where do you get the stats from about how many mins the guys played?????

On my NRL App it won't show me how many mins they played for some reason!!!

I don't use an app. I just go onto the nrl.com website and click on the game, and then click on player stats.

Latest posts