What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best line up for round 3:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
SOUTHS TOP 17
1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. G. Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Rochow
16. T. Burgess
17. Cherrington

rabbitohs95

Bench
What I'd like to see

1. Alex Johnston
2. Braidon Burns
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Bryson Goodwin
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Zane Musgrove
9. Robbie Farah
10. Jason Clark
11. John Sutton
12. Sam Burgess
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Angus Crichton
16. Robbie Rochow
17. George Burgess

- Alex Johnston keeps his spot at fullback as does Braidon Burns on the wing and Hymel Hunt at right centre.

- Bryson Goodwin and Robert Jennings switch positions. Goodwin is more reliable in defence at centre and Jennings has more speed to burn on the wing. It makes a bit more sense than having Jennings' shaky defence in the centres and Goodwin being unable to catch anyone or runaway and score.

- Walker and Reynolds in the halves as is, Farah starts with Cook exploding off the bench.

- Musgrove and Clark start in the front row again with George and Rochow relieving them off the bench as our rotation.

- Sutton remains on the left but Sam goes to the edge to do more damage and preserve himself while Turner goes into the middle and gets more of a chance to make metres and won't get caught out as much. I noticed we had this formation later in the game against Manly and it seemed to work a treat.

- Angus Crichton comes off the bench able to relieve any of the backrowers and even centres if injury strikes.

I'm sure goodwins defence let in 2 tries in a row early on
I still like Goodwin
Turner is not a DUD I've tried to get some to absorb the simple fact that he is their for his defence eg Rd 2 v manly top tackles was guess who
Yes Kyle Turner with 33
And this guys a dud ??? WTF

rabbitohs95

Bench
I still like Goodwin
Turner is not a DUD I've tried to get some to absorb the simple fact that he is their for his defence eg Rd 2 v manly top tackles was guess who
Yes Kyle Turner with 33
Yeah I think Goodwin is more inclined to get caught out on the wing

Rsag85

Bench
I still like Goodwin
Yes Kyle Turner with 33

Good points

Rsag85

Bench
Rsag...so were quite a few others that day we have so many holes in many of our players games at present that need addressing ASAP.....Shadow...

The main issue I have is Goodwin is playing out of position. He is not suited to the wing position. His defence at times is questionable and it was very questionable in 2 of the 4 tries scored

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
What I'd like to see

Shadow thinks that angus crichton will be in the run on side and tburgi will be on the bench in rd3 clark or turner to get the sack here"s hoping but either one may well end up taking rochow"s position off the bench this may all happen?.....Shadow...P.S.R95 (4.goodwin & 5 jennings) has its merits but i doubt madge will change those 2 players around becoz it seemed to work against the seabeagles...Shadow...

1. Alex Johnston
2. Braidon Burns
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Bryson Goodwin
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Zane Musgrove
9. Robbie Farah
10. Jason Clark
11. John Sutton
12. Sam Burgess
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Angus Crichton
16. Robbie Rochow
17. George Burgess

- Alex Johnston keeps his spot at fullback as does Braidon Burns on the wing and Hymel Hunt at right centre.

- Bryson Goodwin and Robert Jennings switch positions. Goodwin is more reliable in defence at centre and Jennings has more speed to burn on the wing. It makes a bit more sense than having Jennings' shaky defence in the centres and Goodwin being unable to catch anyone or runaway and score.

- Walker and Reynolds in the halves as is, Farah starts with Cook exploding off the bench.

- Musgrove and Clark start in the front row again with George and Rochow relieving them off the bench as our rotation.

- Sutton remains on the left but Sam goes to the edge to do more damage and preserve himself while Turner goes into the middle and gets more of a chance to make metres and won't get caught out as much. I noticed we had this formation later in the game against Manly and it seemed to work a treat.

- Angus Crichton comes off the bench able to relieve any of the backrowers and even centres if injury strikes.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
The main issue I have is Goodwin is playing out of position. He is not suited to the wing position. His defence at times is questionable and it was very questionable in 2 of the 4 tries scored

goodwin is still very reliable it is what it is anyway gray will be on the horizon very soon to clamber for a spot himself in due time....Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What I'd like to see

1. Alex Johnston
2. Braidon Burns
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Bryson Goodwin
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Zane Musgrove
9. Robbie Farah
10. Jason Clark
11. John Sutton
12. Sam Burgess
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Angus Crichton
16. Robbie Rochow
17. George Burgess

I think you've hit the nail on the head mate. Bryson is a great player but right now it just feels like his filling in for Aaron gray. I hope he can change my opinion in the coming weeks, maybe a switch to centre will help his case.

Rabbits20

Immortal
SOUTHS TOP 17
1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. G. Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Rochow
16. T. Burgess
17. Cherrington
1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13 Sam (C)

14. Cook
15. Turner
16. Rochow
17. George

Rabbits20

Immortal
In 1 of the tries!!!!

Not 2.

The one where Uate broke away AJ missed a tackle and Jennings was closer than Goodwin!!!!

haha

Juniors
What I'd like to see

1. Alex Johnston
2. Braidon Burns
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Bryson Goodwin
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Zane Musgrove
9. Robbie Farah
10. Jason Clark
11. John Sutton
12. Sam Burgess
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Angus Crichton
16. Robbie Rochow
17. George Burgess

My backline is the same, forwards are slightly different.

8.Surgess
9.Farah
10.Musgrove
11.Sutton
12.Crichton
13.Clark

14.Cook
15.Turner
16.Gurgess
17.Turgess

-Farah plays 80
-Cook comes into lock for Clark.
-Surgess shifts to Crichtons edge after 2nd spell in front row.
- Turner to cover injuries.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Goodwin was all at sea and as a result the 1st try was scored down his side.

Then he kicked it out on the full restarting the next set, manly scored within 6 tackles.

1st 2 tries against us both involves him.

From there he was solid and not spectacular.

Latest posts