What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary's use of interchange

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Packer and Vaughn both stayed on until the 27th minute in the first half. They both looked spent after 15-20mins and our ruck defence looked pretty flimsy from then on. I know our forwards are fit but come on, 27 minutes without fresh legs in the middle of the field....

Whate role did Mann play? A token spell in the 2nd half once the game was already gone...

Is Mary running the interchange or has this been delegated to someone else so that he can continue to focus on "coaching"?

thebigredv

First Grade
Packer and Vaughn both stayed on until the 27th minute in the first half. They both looked spent after 15-20mins and our ruck defence looked pretty flimsy from then on. I know our forwards are fit but come on, 27 minutes without fresh legs in the middle of the field....

Whate role did Mann play? A token spell in the 2nd half once the game was already gone...

Is Mary running the interchange or has this been delegated to someone else so that he can continue to focus on "coaching"?

I don't think you can blame Mary for that. He has delegated interchange, recruitment, speed, fitness, team selection to other staff. He now is simply in charge of his bank account.

Red V for life

Juniors
The bench use was pi$$ poor.

Our edges had a shocker, McCrone had a shocker and Mann sat on the bench for all but the last 15 mins.

The signs were there early on. When things look like going south...and fast, surely you'd try a circuit breaker???

Reality is all teams have their interchanges planned out like an F1 pit stop. We may not be quick enough to re-jig our "plan".

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Keeping both props out for so long was ridiculous. Vaughn could probably handle the 27mins but Packer should have been replaced around the 15min mark IMO.

j0nesy

Bench
It was piss poor. Packer played too many minutes at the start of the game. He was also having a shocker and should have been hooked around the 15 minute mark. Mccrone was horrendous and should have been hooked at half time for Mann.

Dragon for life

Juniors
The bench use was pi$$ poor.

Our edges had a shocker, McCrone had a shocker and Mann sat on the bench for all but the last 15 mins.

The signs were there early on. When things look like going south...and fast, surely you'd try a circuit breaker???

Reality is all teams have their interchanges planned out like an F1 pit stop. We may not be quick enough to re-jig our "plan".
"Our plan", please don't assume mary is going in with a plan. Said it last week, he still has to go. Mary has had long enough to prove himself. Bite the bullet you spineless wankers.

2 Poor decisions

1) leaving Packer on field past 20 minute mark

2) Failure to through Mann once Parra had scored its 4th try.

He needed to try something to spark the attack. I doubt Mann's kicking game is any worse than Josh McCrone's.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

He run the interchange all he's decisions

Maxwell

Juniors
Mary should stop and think all the other teams have been train just as or harder than the Dragons and are also fit too

since77

Juniors
A good coach always brings on his only utility interchange when the game is already lost........you've heard it a million times....

Gareth67

First Grade
Mary should stop and think all the other teams have been train just as or harder than the Dragons and are also fit too

Ever so true Maxwell , I am leaning more towards the latter . Plus the other coaches seem to have just that wee bit more ' footy smarts ' than our Mary . Then to tell all and sundry that our big , big pack will be playing straight up the middle of oppositions defences , must surely put a smile on their faces .

I wonder if Joe the Gadget man sells an instruction booklet , on how to be a successful 1st Grade coach ?

Last edited:
Exactly, when have you ever heard the comment, 'gee, Mary really bamboozled the opposition today with his interchange selections'?
I think we'll wait a long time. He's a pedestrian thinker.

On the contrary, he bamboozles the opposition all the time. To start with, he normally uses only 3 of the 4 bench players. That's bamboozling, isn't it?

Straight Shooter

2 Poor decisions

1) leaving Packer on field past 20 minute mark

2) Failure to through Mann once Parra had scored its 4th try.

He needed to try something to spark the attack. I doubt Mann's kicking game is any worse than Josh McCrone's.

Saints Forever, you missed another two poor decisions.

3). Doust signing Mary initially and to a three year contract.

4). The Board not terminating Mary's contract in October last year.

OzDragon

Coach
At least Mann got 10 minutes. Remember this is the same coach who didn't even bother using all 4 players in the past.

He's improving at a phenomenal rate. Next stop, immortality.

Latest posts