What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Wests Tigers

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can't stand Souffs because of the absolute feral behaviour from their fans every anz game I go to

When Marshall was playing with us, some drop dead bogan gave Marshall a heckling even going as far as calling him a black merkin. Not many people were too fond of it and some guy even got into a punch up with him over it

My hatred with your team goes way beyond what you and your boyfriend alien dish up, but you guys certainly don't help.
The feeling is mutual.

I've had many stories too!!!!!

I don't want to further discuss!!!!!

We will leave it at this!!!!

Tigers1986

Juniors
Very nervous about this game. Ricky will have given the Faiders an absolute pasting after their effort, and hopefully JT does similar with us. The scars of last years beltings will be fresh and sore in our minds as well. The easiest way to kill them is to knuckle down and grind out a win.

Clifferd

Coach
I think our best way to win this game is to run them raggered. We obviously can't compete in the forwards. So a lot of 2nd phase, unstructured footy is probably needed and a heavy flow of possession

If we get them fatigued unleash Teddy, Moses, Nofo and co to do their thing

BrotherJim05

Bench
Team I would take:

1. Teddy
2. Nofa
3. Naiqama
4. Chee Kam
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Ava
9. MM
10. Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. ET

14. Woods (I would rather he comes on at 20 minute mark and plays the rest of the game. Our forwards stand strong in the first 20 then he comes off and we get pummelled)
15. JJ Felise
16. Aloai
17. LittleJohn/Ballin

Idris to play NSW Cup until match fit to play 80 minutes

Crazyperpman

Juniors
As soon as I saw this year's draw I circled this game to show if there has been any improvement this year.

You can rattle on all you like about how well preseason went, how we are working on defense and how the team has matured but this week we will find out exactly where we are at.

If we dont get flogged and are competitive, I will call it an improvement and keep the faith we are moving (Albeit slowly) in the right direction.

If we get touched up again something will need to be done, possibly send a call out to Steve Folks who was the last decent defensive coach this side had, although it wont happen as Jason Taylor would not allow a competent first grade coach within cooee of the club.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't Taylor will make many if any changes. Grant to come back if fit and maybe ballin on the bench but that's it.

I think suli looks like an out and out center. Center and winger are completely different these days, gone are the days where you just stuck your reserve grade fullback or center on the wing. He has great footwork and looks to me like a guy you want to give earlier ball too. He played all his juniours at right center so he couldn't be any worse in defence then naquima. I'd move him there and stick kev on the left wing for now.

Idris isn't cutting it and I don't think 40-50mins off the bench will help him. Give him 2-3 weeks of 80 mins in nsw cup. MCK can keep left center warm til then.

JJ if fit comes onto the bench with Grant and Aloiai. If JJ isn't fit then Lolo, J Grant, Tatola, Paeska. Literally any genuine prop. Edwards is a small shit second rower, generally that doesn't make for a good prop.

Clifferd

Coach
Is Taylor developing Paseska into a back rower?

Played there in reserves on Sunday also

I also wouldn't mind seeing Aloiai in the 2nd row & Sue back in the prop rotation...he is our hardest runner and possibly wasted out on the edges for minimal impact

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Very nervous about this game. Ricky will have given the Faiders an absolute pasting after their effort, and hopefully JT does similar with us. The scars of last years beltings will be fresh and sore in our minds as well. The easiest way to kill them is to knuckle down and grind out a win.

We were their bitches in 2016...
Not yet in the class of us being Roosters bitches but getting there.
Faiders wont lose 3 in a row.....we will get flogged.
With this Simona drama we wont win many games at all.

Clifferd

Coach
No Idris on the bench. Good

Grant, Aloiai, Edwards and Littlejohn

Tatola 18th man

Strong chance Ballin might take littlejohns spot but probably one more game away I'd say

Vic Mackey

Referee

Tatola 18th man

Strong chance Ballin might take littlejohns spot but probably one more game away I'd say

Ballin and Tatola in for Littlejohn and Edwards and its a good line up. Still don't think we'll beat Canberra but thats our best possible bench to do it.

Just on Tatola I know JJ has always been the one with the wraps (deservedly) but up until his injury in the Junior Roos game I thought Tatola has shaded JJ to start the year in 2016. I didnt see NSW cup last week but by all reports he was one of our best so seems he has picked right up where he left off last year before getting injured. The fact he is 6'2 and 118kgs helps also haha.

If JJ had played the trails I'm sure he'd be there but I'm confident Tatola can handle first grade, we would only need 1 stint from him anyway.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I've never seen Tatola but I hope he gets picked over Edwards. Assuming that happens it's probably as good a team as we can pick.

Clifferd

Coach
Ballin and Tatola in for Littlejohn and Edwards and its a good line up. Still don't think we'll beat Canberra but thats our best possible bench to do it.

Just on Tatola I know JJ has always been the one with the wraps (deservedly) but up until his injury in the Junior Roos game I thought Tatola has shaded JJ to start the year in 2016. I didnt see NSW cup last week but by all reports he was one of our best so seems he has picked right up where he left off last year before getting injured. The fact he is 6'2 and 118kgs helps also haha.

If JJ had played the trails I'm sure he'd be there but I'm confident Tatola can handle first grade, we would only need 1 stint from him anyway.

Yep, tatola definitely deserves a shot, honestly didn't think he'd get one this early possibly though.

He really impressed in pre season and trials, and of course his size certainly doesn't hurt his chances with a small team like us

Tiger Ted

Bench

I agree Ballin & Tatola on bench & useless Edwards out.However I'd pick Littlejohn as starting 7 & send Brooks to state cup.Littlejohn has a better kicking game & is a better defender.

We can NOT continue to carry Brooks.The kid has proven yr after yr that he is not up to nrl standard.He should find another occupation.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We were their bitches in 2016...
Not yet in the class of us being Roosters bitches but getting there.
Faiders wont lose 3 in a row.....we will get flogged.
With this Simona drama we wont win many games at all.
No need to b nervous when result is a foregone conclusion.Raiders will win comfortably!!

The forgotten man has been named in the 21 and I don't mean Ranking.

Welcome back Kyle :rolleyes:

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Kevin Naiqama 4. Michael Chee-Kam 5. Moses Suli 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods (c) 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagi 11. Sausao Sue 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor. Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Josh Aloai 16. Joel Edwards 17. Jack Littlejohn 18. Junior Tatola 19. Justin Hunt 20. Kyle Lovett 21. Matt Ballin

Assume Idris is playing NSW Cup ?
Hunt covering for Brooks perhaps ?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I agree Ballin & Tatola on bench & useless Edwards out.However I'd pick Littlejohn as starting 7 & send Brooks to state cup.Littlejohn has a better kicking game & is a better defender.

We can NOT continue to carry Brooks.The kid has proven yr after yr that he is not up to nrl standard.He should find another occupation.

Use less Edwards..hahahhaha
Try pathetic....I cringe every time I see this guy in or close to being selected...
Surely we have better options even though they might not be as experienced

Tiger Woody

Juniors
The forgotten man has been named in the 21 and I don't mean Ranking.

Welcome back Kyle :rolleyes:

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Kevin Naiqama 4. Michael Chee-Kam 5. Moses Suli 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods (c) 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagi 11. Sausao Sue 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor. Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Josh Aloai 16. Joel Edwards 17. Jack Littlejohn 18. Junior Tatola 19. Justin Hunt 20. Kyle Lovett 21. Matt Ballin

Assume Idris is playing NSW Cup ?
Hunt covering for Brooks perhaps ?

Now in not happy Jan...
Lyall Lovett....another plodder we keep picking....Lovett,Edwards and Rancid.....
Wheres the broom.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Tatola 18th man

Edwards Edwards and more Edwards...
Suppose to be a hitman...haven't seen any evidence yet though
The gazelle Idris must be injured .Not in the Intrust side either.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Apparently Idris has a foot injury and is missing a week. Liddle due back week 4 too.

Edwards and Lovett a chance of playing, can barely contain my excitement.

Personally I think we'll be 1-17 but really hoping JT sees the light and brings Tatola in for Edwards. If not he clearly didn't learn anything from the 2 monumental beltings we copped from Canberra last year.