What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants Dylan Walker back?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Gi is going nowhere with or without a reco he will return stronger than ever keep the faith DKOR,id love to see dwalkz back again too...Shadow...

alien

Referee
What I find funny is that the people who want to "get rid" of Inglis are calling for a player who is probably just as equally prone to injuries in Tedesco. In my book you would be robbing Peter to pay Paul by signing Tedesco despite his obvious playing talent.
Tedesco has had injuries, but he doesn't seem to have problems every other game. I hope GI gets back to his best because he is one of the best players in the competition when he is, but I don't think he will. :(

I know GI is only 30, but you have to remember he first started playing first grade when he was 18, and he has played a lot of rep footy as well.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Tedesco has had injuries, but he doesn't seem to have problems every other game. I hope GI gets back to his best because he is one of the best players in the competition when he is, but I don't think he will. :(

I know GI is only 30, but you have to remember he first started playing first grade when he was 18, and he has played a lot of rep footy as well.
Tedesco is arguably one of the most injury prone players in the competition! He is only 24 and has done his ACL twice from memory, had a cracked fibula, fractured his patella, had a shoulder injury (can't remember what it was) and has also broken his jaw. I don't know about others but I'd hate to be investing a whole lot of salary cap in a player who has suffered all these injuries at such a young age. The thing you need to realise is that he is only going to get worse at he gets older.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Thing to remember about Dylan Walker is his only 22.
It took Sam Burgess years for him to gain consistency and balance on and off field. It really wasn't until the Second half of 2014, when he was 25, that Sam put it all together. Take Cody Walker, he took until he was 26 to even debut. Goodwin didn't have a decent season of footy until he was 24, and then it took him another 4 seasons after that to have a second decent season. Issac Luke blasted onto the scene in 2007, but even he took a Few Years to get the right attitude. Dylan is still young, he was 20 when all that bullshit went down, I'd still give him a second chance
I'm not so sure if I agree with your assessment of the development of the players you've mentioned. Sam Burgess was a superstar from the moment he arrived on our shores. I remember in his debut season, he put in arguably one of the finest performances I've ever seen in a South Sydney shirt against the Dragons in the final round of the regular season. It was a must win game and he played the whole 80 minutes and he was the best player on the park in a losing side. Where Sam has matured is his discipline; he always had a petulant streak in him which resulted in him doing stupid things, often when things weren't going his way e.g. giving away dumb penalties, pulling people's nuts, poking people in the eye. Thankfully he has seemed to have learned to control himself a lot more out there.

Cody Walker is an interesting one. I remember reading that he suffered injuries when he was at Melbourne and was just never really given the opportunity to excel. It seems absolutely unbelievable that he was never given the chance in first grade considering he is a genuine match winner. Where you do have a point is when you mention attitude. If Dylan Walker doesn't make it in the game he will only have himself to blame because he has more talent than 95% of players in the competition. He was rightfully sacked because the club was having continual problems with him and hopefully he has taken it as a wake up call in the same way the likes of Josh Mansour have. In saying that, I don't think we need him back at Souths at this point in time given our depth in the outside backs.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
we do need dylan walker back just like we need teo back but at least we dont need bully back becoz the farah/cook combo is fine....Shadow...

doyen

Bench
we do need dylan walker back just like we need teo back but at least we dont need bully back becoz the farah/cook combo is fine....Shadow...

Dylan reached stardom far too quickly----the way he behaved both on & off the field suggested a whopping big head!!!
But,he is an extremely talented player ,& a Sths Jnr ,so I'd definitely take him back.
He would be the best player in our 3/4s by a fair margin too!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Dylan reached stardom far too quickly----the way he behaved both on & off the field suggested a whopping big head!!!
But,he is an extremely talented player ,& a Sths Jnr ,so I'd definitely take him back.

Doyen spot on great truth telling mate at its formidable best so now all we have to do is off load tyrrell/turner/clark/nielsen/murphy/kelly and resign teo and elevate fuimaono and talakai to the forwards dept, are you hearing me madge?it makes sense there is no need for these (6 duds) to remain at souths any longer i know our recruitment area of prowess is very poor and sadly so it wont happen the broncs and cows and the storm must be laughing at souths with these (6 duds)that would not even get a bench position at these 3 clubs mentioned above its time for change souths think before you buy and also think before you upgrade a player in the case of jason clark AKA whom is a ""glorified nsw cup player"" in particular .....Shadow...

southsport

First Grade

I'll be a bit surprised if he returns in the near future doyen because we may not be able to afford him.

Manly supporters want rid of him though.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'll be a bit surprised if he returns in the near future doyen because we may not be able to afford him.

Manly supporters want rid of him though.
Sounds like he wants back in. He may take a leaf out of Robbie Rochow's book, sign a cheaper 1 year deal to go to a more desired club.

southsport

First Grade
Sounds like he wants back in. He may take a leaf out of Robbie Rochow's book, sign a cheaper 1 year deal to go to a more desired club.

That may be the only way Diego, but do we really want to sign a player with such poor defense?

southsport

First Grade
His defence is comparable to Goodwin and Jennings. His attack, especially if he is reunited with gi, Reynolds and Sutton is on a different level

OK, I'm not like some others that spit the dummy when someone disagrees with them. :)

rabbitohs95

Bench
That may be the only way Diego, but do we really want to sign a player with such poor defense?
It wasn't so bad when we had him if I recall. Honestly if he wanted back in I'd take him for a reasonable price and time, but I wouldn't be chasing him too hard. Gotta see how Hymel Hunt goes also.

On a similar topic, it's a bit worrying (dunno if that's the right word) that we have so many left side centres. Gray, Jennings, Goodwin (on the outer) and Inglis, who I'd prefer to move there at the back end of his career.

alien

Referee
On a similar topic, it's a bit worrying (dunno if that's the right word) that we have so many left side centres. Gray, Jennings, Goodwin (on the outer) and Inglis, who I'd prefer to move there at the back end of his career.

Jennings and Goodwin can play right centre, but I like Hunt there.

Latest posts