What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment so far..........

Gareth67

First Grade
Seen another jobs for the boys inductee running the water not sure whether it was Holden Cup NSW cup side. None other than Bull Bailey. Their like homing pigeons , they come home to roost

Shame he wasn't another 10 years younger , as the bloke knew how to run , straight and hard .
Hopefully they may use his wealth of experience , to educate some of the younger players .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Norman
I look at pa

era and lets be serious damage done by 3 players..
No 7 - Norman
No 3 - Jennings
No 1 - French
No 2 - Radrada

just shows u a top line halfback can do (enter Hunt)
and a top line centre can do (enter Dugan)
Fullback? Field?
Winger - Mcdonald?[/QUOT

Norman has finally developed into a top line halfback. Halfback is his position. With the form that he has displayed over the last year, I think he should be Qld's next cab off the rank for halfback. I will say this. If Parra had Mcrone as their halfback on the weekend, they would not have played anywhere near what they did with Norman at halfback. Swap the halfbacks and I think we would have beat Parra on the weekend. That is how much difference a top halfback can make compared to a halfback this only NSW cup standard.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
That's unfair IMO. If you are to blame the coach when the team is playing poorly then you must praise the coach when the team is playing well.

OK , with his record last year and the inability to fix a problem we have had since he started , who has come out in the media and bagged him ???? Nobody . He gets praise when we win and gets nothing when we lose 6 in a row.

As for fairness , how do you think Milne & Mann feel about how they got to be where they are now after being in the starting side and performing well last year ?

Crush

Coach
OK , with his record last year and the inability to fix a problem we have had since he started , who has come out in the media and bagged him ???? Nobody . He gets praise when we win and gets nothing when we lose 6 in a row.

As for fairness , how do you think Milne & Mann feel about how they got to be where they are now after being in the starting side and performing well last year ?
On the surface it looks like milne and mann deserve their spots, especially Milne. Maybe there are factors that we, a public forum, don't know about.
I think I was referencing a forum member with my previous comment btw, not the media.

denis preston

First Grade
On the surface it looks like milne and mann deserve their spots, especially Milne. Maybe there are factors that we, a public forum, don't know about.
I think I was referencing a forum member with my previous comment btw, not the media.

The highlight of McGregors coaching career was in 2015 when he got the team to play for him and their defense was just about the best in the comp. Tick for Mary then. Problem was the players really put in expecting further innovations and team growth through the coaches but this didn't come. The coaches had nothing more to offer. Half way through last year they lost the dressing room and unless we at least have a 60% winning percentage will continue to lose it this year. The team selections just add to it.

I'll sometimes think that Lafai & Widdop are untouchable to save face for the board who signed them on big contracts in the first place.

possm

Coach
Playing intense defence or a power game may be good in the short term but the player burnout and attrition will quickly see a team drop down the ladder.

Crush

Coach
The highlight of McGregors coaching career was in 2015 when he got the team to play for him and their defense was just about the best in the comp. Tick for Mary then. Problem was the players really put in expecting further innovations and team growth through the coaches but this didn't come. The coaches had nothing more to offer. Half way through last year they lost the dressing room and unless we at least have a 60% winning percentage will continue to lose it this year. The team selections just add to it.

I'll sometimes think that Lafai & Widdop are untouchable to save face for the board who signed them on big contracts in the first place.
I don't think it is as bad as you say. Players are re-signing and saying that the culture and belief is good. JDB said today that there is real excitement about the direction that the club is heading.
Everyone is now ripping the dragons "power game" but it is exactly the style of footy that we should be playing given our roster. Before the season started I, along with other members, said that we needed to play more direct and go through the middle, stop trying to go out the back with stupid telegraphed back-line movements.
Well it seems that we may have got want we wanted, a more effective game plan or playing style.
Two weeks ago we destroyed panthers. Now after one loss people are calling Mary a one trick pony. Saying he doesn't have a Plan B? Give me a break. He has changed the game-plan. Lets see if it works over 2 months, not 2 weeks.
I am optimistic for now even though it is hard to fathom the selections.

Fangs

Coach

Dragonslayer

First Grade
How often do the Dragons release these videos? Seems kinda odd to me.

Wasted video IMO.
We already knew about JDB, we already knew about the tabled offers for Dugan and Widdop, the only thing we could say was news was they have tabled a couple of offers to some young players, whatever and whoever that may be. This is interesting as most of our "promising juniors" have been signed up already. So who is left that would fall into this category? Milne? Mann? Hutch? Packer is hardly classified as a youngster.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think that we just need a top fullback, such as Tedesco and a top 5/8, such as Foran and I think we would be on our way to being a genuine premiership contender. Bird is anther who I would like to see paired with Hunt. I would be letting Dugan and Widdop go. For 2018, I would be looking at something like

1 Teddesco He is still unsigned, he is also the best fullback in the game.
2 Garrick
3 Milne
4 Herbert
5 McDonald
6 Foran I think Foran would provide a stabilizing influence on Hunt and the rest of the team, he would also straighten up the attack.
7 Hunt
8 Vaughan
9 McInnis
10 Packer
11 Frizzell
12 Thompson. I am still not a fan of Thompson, but he may be the best we have got right now. Maybe Leilua or Host will come on over the next year.
13 DeBelin

14 Simms
15 AhMau
16 Host
17 Leilua/Aikten/Masoe

I still think we need another big dominate prop as well.

Latest posts