What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future spine

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Never know.... Newie might be forcing us to pay big coin for bird then come in with good offers for say Prior and Capewell that we can't possibly match. Been done before.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Harsh marker.
Scored 2 tries, threw Bird off for his second.
Made more meters than anyone on the field.
Broke more tackles than any back on the field.
Was the bast 1-5 on the field in a losing side.
Sure Ricky is doing cartwheels knowing he had the best back line player despite getting thrashed by 30 odd.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
If ever a point went over your head, this was it.
Yeah...Nah...just getting a bit bored with going around in circles with this one. Wighton had a solid game in a badly beaten side. Bird made a solid debut at fullback. Had one try disallowed and was cut down 2 or 3 times within a meter or two of the line. On another day he could have been like Wade celebrating a hat-trick. Opinions are like arse-holes....everyone has one. Imo Chad is worth 500-600 max and Bird is worth 700-800 max. While I hope we retain both I also hope we don't pay Dragons or Knights money retaining either.

Eion

First Grade
Like your house, they are both only worth what people are willing to pay. Whether he's got the world fooled or not...Bird will attract more money.

Card Shark

Immortal
If our halves are Bird/Maloney last year and not Maloney/Townsend, we don't win the comp.

Agree

Bird & Townsend are both potential match winners imo.

Bird is getting there at a younger age but i reckon they will both prove their worth this year.

Card Shark

Immortal
They're f**king mad.

Haven't they learnt anything over the last few years.

Paying way too much for him & Ponga.

Arnold

Juniors
Exactly cardy...

They will be spending 1.5M a year on a FB and a Ctr playing 5/8.

Good luck.

He would be better off going back to saints.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bird played halfback for country ( i know whoopy doo) but Chad hasnt achieved that.
Bird played for NSW, btw he was on the bench as a utility not centre, Chad has not played for NSW.
I understand the market, and the price of a GF winning halfback is high, but if one of the two is going to win you a game it'd be Jack over Chad nearly every time.
cb I understand you are just saying what the market offers i personally just think this one is a little off in comparing these two players.

Chad was city origin half last year.

Ben Hunt - 1.2 mill a year
Chad Townsend - 1 mill a year

Seems right actually. Chad shits on Ben Hunt.

Latest posts