What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT. Can you imagine the up roar if.....

.......it was Fifita or Gallen pulling on Bromwich's thumb and trying to re injure it like Thaiday deliberately did?

It would be back page news and everyone would be condemning them as the lowest humans on earth.

As I've always said it's not the act it's who has done the act that is important to the media.

Rugby league would be dying, they'd be suspended and fined, mothers would switch their kids to soccer, there'd be a call for a two hand touch rule etc, etc, etc.

I will say this on the topic at hand though.
If a player goes into a game with a known injury he is fair game IMO.
Melbourne have no right to cry foul as they would have it in their playbooks to use this tactic. In fact their wrestling tactis are built around causing the initial destruction to a player then repeat and rinse.

shaggs

Coach
All the Brisbane players who ran towards Billy's dodgy shoulder and made him use it are also being charged.
He wasn't 100% so it wasn't fair he was made to tackle.
Double fines for those who tackles him and made that shoulder hit the ground.

I'm with BBB, if someone ran onto the field with a cast on their thumb like Bromwich. Rip in boys. When I played I was straight at it. Knee strapping, wrists fingers whatever. Don't wear tape unless you want to be targeted.

Rugby league would be dying, they'd be suspended and fined, mothers would switch their kids to soccer, there'd be a call for a two hand touch rule etc, etc, etc.

I will say this on the topic at hand though.
If a player goes into a game with a known injury he is fair game IMO.
Melbourne have no right to cry foul as they would have it in their playbooks to use this tactic. In fact their wrestling tactis are built around causing the initial destruction to a player then repeat and rinse.

Yes true BBB.

If known player has known shoulder injury sure it's fair game to hit them in the tackle on that shoulder etc.

But there is a subtle way of going about it. With Thaiday it was ridiculously obvious he was hanging off Bromwich's thumb like it was a tree branch.

Him and Blair are pure grubs every match.

Oh i almost forgot.
The papers would rehash the pictures of Gal and the infamous stitch ripping episode.
Then they'd all be telling the story how Ricky Stuart took Gal to Ron Massey 's house and copped a serve.

Yes true BBB.

If known player has known shoulder injury sure it's fair game to hit them in the tackle on that shoulder etc.

But there is a subtle way of going about it. With Thaiday it was ridiculously obvious he was hanging off Bromwich's thumb like it was a tree branch.

Him and Blair are pure grubs every match.
Thaiday learnt from the best in those QLD camps, Cameron Smith.
He's just hopless at executing it...

snoozer

Bench
Oh i almost forgot.
The papers would rehash the pictures of Gal and the infamous stitch ripping episode.
Then they'd all be telling the story how Ricky Stuart took Gal to Ron Massey 's house and copped a serve.
they have anyway - news.com.idiot had several photos of grub acts including gals grabbing the wheels and ripping stiches.

snout

First Grade
How the f**k was 'third man in' not sin binned when he ran 30 metres to push
Vaginavaloo in the back?!?

Imagine if THAT was Gal.

There'd be a royal commission led by Paulcutie

Latest posts