What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lolohea and Manu Gotta go

jaseg

Juniors
Unless getting rid of him gets us needed cap space (unlikely too much there) or a useful player I'd just stick him in reserve grade. What's the point in potentially helping another club for no benefit?

Manu is contracted to the end of next year AFAIK. Doesn't mean we can't recruit another winger from a reserve grade side who is good enough to make a play at the wing spots here... (there's a few good enough to be playing in our NRL side right now)

Ratu Tuisese please and thank you.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Unless getting rid of him gets us needed cap space (unlikely too much there) or a useful player I'd just stick him in reserve grade.
Yeah but will he stay there or will he get picked up. I reckon he'd either get picked up or explore options elsewhere. Tui would be stupid to settle for Kearneys 'its a long season Tui and there will be injuries/oppertunities'. Ozbash mentioned ESL, I could see him do well there.

Hows Junior Pauga going?

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah but will he stay there or will he get picked up. I reckon he'd either get picked up or explore options elsewhere. Tui would be stupid to settle for Kearneys 'its a long season Tui and there will be injuries/oppertunities'. Ozbash mentioned ESL, I could see him do well there.

Hows Junior Pauga going?

He's under contract until the end of 2018... he has to stay there. If he doesn't like it... well, that's just too bad. It's become an NRL cliche that contracts don't really mean anything, but that's decidedly untrue - it only works that way when both parties agree to get out of the contract early.

Pauga scored a couple today but no idea if he actually played well... will have to wait on R+S for that. I didn't really rate him in NYC tbh (even a seemingly backwards-going Niukore looked a better centre) - dynamic player with ball in hand but lacking in defence and just too many errors and penalties in his game. He was playing centre then, though - perhaps wing is more his spot (certainly would help defensively getting him out of centre, which is likely to help his penalty concession rate too - but errors? dunno)

Leber

Bench
I think i said this in the foran signing thread. I dont see the point in signing a big name half, when we have shit wingers, We should have spent forans money on 2 outside backs, and had hingano/clark/Lino/lolohea/Cooke fight out for the number 6 spot.

We wont win a comp with Lolohea and maumalo in the back, nor with an an out of form Manu.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He's under contract until the end of 2018... he has to stay there. If he doesn't like it... well, that's just too bad. It's become an NRL cliche that contracts don't really mean anything, but that's decidedly untrue - it only works that way when both parties agree to get out of the contract early.

Pauga scored a couple today but no idea if he actually played well... will have to wait on R+S for that. I didn't really rate him in NYC tbh (even a seemingly backwards-going Niukore looked a better centre) - dynamic player with ball in hand but lacking in defence and just too many errors and penalties in his game. He was playing centre then, though - perhaps wing is more his spot (certainly would help defensively getting him out of centre, which is likely to help his penalty concession rate too - but errors? dunno)
Was hoping Pauga was the goods. Thought he looked promising in one run he done in preseason.

Didnt know Tui was locked in till 2018. He might regret signing for that long.

Well if theres no standout outside backs it looks like Tui will be back and forth!

ozenzud

Juniors
R&S, I can't get rid of your smilee action with this reply...I tried deleting but they aint going nowhere! :D:D:D

Anyway, from the other poster, "Season on line next week". Round Four? With our season over if we lose? I don't think any other clubs are checking out that early.

I'll admit, after round three, it's deeply concerning though.

Sure it might sound melodramatic, but consider the draw we have had. 5 of 6 games in NZ at the start of the season which means plenty of away games at the backend of the season. We have still had a slow start and looking very, very average.

The dragons next week and they are looking good.

And it will only get harder as the season progresses. So win next week or settle for cellar dweller status the rest of the season. Sitting 15th right now.

Benek

Juniors
The dragons next week and they are looking good

If dragons play like they did yesterday, we'll be getting steamrolled up the middle (in part by Rusty Packer!) Its amazing how almost every team looks stronger and faster than the Warriors do right now.

Blair

Coach
If dragons play like they did yesterday, we'll be getting steamrolled up the middle (in part by Rusty Packer!) Its amazing how almost every team looks stronger and faster than the Warriors do right now.

I shudder to think when we play the angry Tigers.

Just checked it, Rd. 26. That should give them plenty of time to get over their new coach bounce. We'll get 'em then.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Manu has a been a great servant of the club. years of playing at 100 miles an hour and putting his body on the line are finally catching up with him. Tui should be embarrassed..

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Manu has a been a great servant of the club. years of playing at 100 miles an hour and putting his body on the line are finally catching up with him.
Yeah thats something to consider. Those hit ups aye...Im sure Manu shrugs off a few nano-concussions after playin the ball. Wingers dont have to hit it up like he does, its just how he chooses to chip in for us to get out of our red zone.

vvvrulz

Coach
Wingers dont have to hit it up like he does, its just how he chooses to chip in for us to get out of our red zone.

Exactly. It was always just a nice bonus and not the full fledged game plan it's become now. Painful to see Maumalo not only left out there but often praised for his metres, completely moot.

Latest posts