What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary coaching Lebanon

taipan

Referee
Good coach .Ideal for the Cedars.

Union knockers(FitzSimons are you watching?) will have a shot about an Oz coach for Lebanon.,Forgetting an Oz coach for the English union team, and a foreigner for the Fiji 7s.

Coastbloke

Bench
I they'll have a bigger field day with Farah and other Aussies taking the field at the SFS on free to air primetime :hushed:

Golden point

Juniors
Fantastic to see Lebanon in the world Cup and with cleary they will certainly look the part. A bit of success will surely inspire more young Lebanese to take up the sport. The international game is growing now we have a regular world Cup. Rugby League world Cup has a growing legitimacy.

Golden point

Juniors
France could be up against it vs Lebanon.. Hope they're ready for a tough game
Yeah definitely! A sprinkle of NRL talent back up by nsw cup players with a talented coach. It wouldn't surprise me if they beat France or anyone outside the top 3.

thorson1987

Coach

Union knockers(FitzSimons are you watching?) will have a shot about an Oz coach for Lebanon.,Forgetting an Oz coach for the English union team, and a foreigner for the Fiji 7s.

Never mind a Kiwi coaching the Wallabies.

Knownothing

Juniors

No they won't. I doubt that very many rahs rahs would know or care, frankly.

Plenty of international sports have head coaches from other nationalities. Cricket is a prime example.

taipan

Referee

Plenty of international sports have head coaches from other nationalities. Cricket is a prime example.

I am fully aware of foreign coaches coaching national teams.

You obviously have no idea of the FitzSimons agenda.Anything he can find to have a shot at rl ,he will dig it up.
I've seen his work over a couple of decades.He is a former Wallaby who detests rl with a passion.If you don't know that, you are walking round with a leather patch over both eyes.Or live in a bubble.

phonetic

Juniors

Lebanon and Italy are going to be the easiest of targets for the usual anti RL crowd out there.. It's fair enough too. It's pretty embarrassing really.

There needs to be some local competition players in these teams. At least 2-3 in the match day 17. It's the only way you can salvage some legitimacy IMO.

Golden point

Juniors
Lebanon and Italy are going to be the easiest of targets for the usual anti RL crowd out there.. It's fair enough too. It's pretty embarrassing really.

There needs to be some local competition players in these teams. At least 2-3 in the match day 17. It's the only way you can salvage some legitimacy IMO.
How can you make weaker countries have to field players from weaker competitions be benificial for international competition ???? Any good players will be pick up by strong clubs like nrl and sl . So poor countries will have to pick at least 3 shit players????

___

Juniors
Lebanon's best chance will be against France. They've beaten them before in the Mediterranean Cup but that was over a decade ago. Australia/NZ will smash them easily.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Lebanon's best chance will be against France. They've beaten them before in the Mediterranean Cup but that was over a decade ago. Australia/NZ will smash them easily.

Yeah they will think they are a chance against France. Though the French have more in more players in the Super league and are slowly getting better

Lebanon won't have enough NRL players to seriously trouble France.

Possible present and past NRL players in the Lebanese WC team:

FB: Reece Robinson (returning from RU)
CE: Josh Mansour, Travis Robinson
PR: Tim Mannah
HK: Robbie Farah

Probable Super League French players in the France WC team:

FB: Morgan Escare (Wigan)

WG: Fouad Yaha (Catalans)
CE: Vincent Duport (Catalans), Benjamin Jullien (Warrington)

FE: Lucas Albert (Catalans)
HB: Theo Fages (St Helens)

LF: Jason Baitieri (Catalans)
SR: Benjamin Garcia (Catalans), Antoni Maria (Leigh), Mickael Simon (Catalans), Kevin Larroyer (Castleford/Bradford),
PR: Remi Casty (Catalans) Julien Bousquet (Catalans), Romain Navarette (Wigan), Gadwin Springer (Castleford)
HK: Eloi Pelissier (Leigh), Alrix da Costa (Catalans)

France will have a far superior pack and pair of halves.

Coastbloke

Bench
I sincerely hope you are correct Albert.
It's great to see more French players in SL and I hope they do really well in the WC..

___

Juniors
Yeah they will think they are a chance against France. Though the French have more in more players in the Super league and are slowly getting better
Yes. France 2017 should win. Lebanon have no chance against Australia or New Zealand though. From memory in the 2000 World Cup NZ beat them 64-0. Their best was a draw against the Cook Islands.