What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open letter to the Wests Tigers board

Shredder

Juniors
My oh my, what have you done to my team?

I understand that you are board members and have a job to do, but you also have to understand that this team (as all teams) are the lifeblood of the fans. We love them and bleed with them. WWe even went through a merger for this team.

Our club has no heart. No desire and no respect for the jersey. How can you accept this from your players?

If we have players that are off contract this year, and we all know that we do, they are certainly not doing their best to increase their values. Because they are all playing like reserve graders.

The fact that with one of the biggest junior nurseries in the world, our under 20s are just as bad shows that its systematic and ingrained into the culture of our club. A club where mediocrity is seemingly accepted and encouraged.

You are the board and the buck stocks with you.

Please take decisive action now.

Remove Jason Taylor as coach now and offer the job to Ivan Cleary. I suspect Cleary would coach this year for nothing. Give him the team NOW. and pay out Taylor.

We also need a coaching Director. Its worked at Penrith, why not here?

Give Cleary control, something that according to the media, you guys have had trouble with before. Cleary has taken multiple teams to Grand Finals. He knows what hes doing. And I know none of you board members have coached first grade before. So trust him. Give him the job soon enough that he can mould what we have. Give it to him this year in a year with half of our team off contract.

I for one would happily see fan favourites leave if we play better. And Im sure others feel the same.

Just be honest with us. Tell us, we have signed Cleary for three years, starting now. He has been given complete control of the club and in order to change the current cancerous culture, he is putting the broom through the team. Thats what I want to hear for one. Let him recruit whoever he wants, let him sort out contracts for our off contract players.

We have just been through three years of rebuilding, And scored one try in the last two games. Its obviously not working. It needs to change. We stand dead last as of today. Can one of you explain how its working to me please? Because I just cant see it.

Its the basics that have gone backwards, completions, handling, defence. Can someone please just explain it to me?

Tiger05

First Grade
Taylor has to go doesn't he. Then the so called big 4 need to f**k off or improve or get paid what they are worth.

I'd keep the big 4 on fair wages. Woods for instance was pretty shocking today. He should be getting paid the same as Ava and Grant or maybe a touch more. If he is on more than that then it's wasted money. Moses and Brooks are barely first graders and should be paid accordingly. Tedesco may be a quality player but only with a gun team around him. He isn't the messiah.

Taylor is a dud though. He has no idea.

Shredder

Juniors
Im more concerned about the lower grades though. I mean - how can WE be crap across all ages?

There is something systematic here thats messed up.

Shredder

Juniors
And that alone - if true - should be enough for contracts to be torn up.

Who the hell do you think you are to demand a coach - you dont want to play here? Then f**k off.

Tiger05

First Grade
And that alone - if true - should be enough for contracts to be torn up.

Who the hell do you think you are to demand a coach - you dont want to play here? Then f**k off.

This is what I don't get. As soon as any of our dud 4 said anything like that I'd take 10% at least off their contracts.

The coach is a dud but if the players were performing it wouldn't be an issue.

Shredder

Juniors
Nope - Id say play somewhere else.

NONE of these guys are irreplaceable.

They want to do the boards job they should focus on playing footy properly.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Suffice to say I'll be in a lead lined room next week.
To protect others from criticism. And radiation, but mostly criticism.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah this mob needs a coach that they hate - Could you imagine them with Bellamy getting them to do the pre season labouring work?

Id take a month off work just to watch them.
These soft cock pansies wouldn't last an off-season training session under the likes of bellyache Bennett or Madge !

Tiger05

First Grade
f**k the players!! They want and want and want ..... thats part and parcel of a WT contract ... But the OVER PRICED PRICKS NEVER GIVE

Exactly. I'm sick of them. It's their job to win games and they don't. They can all f**k off.