What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Storm @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 4
Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield (TICKETS)
Sunday 26 March 2017

Gates 1:30pm | NYC 1:45pm | NRL 4pm

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Kevin Naiqama 4. Michael Chee-Kam 5. Moses Suli 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Sauaso Sue 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Josh Aloiai 16. Joel Edwards 17. Matt Ballin 18. Justin Hunt 19. Kyle Lovett 20. Jamal Idris 21. Junior Tatola

MEL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Young Tonumaipea 3. William Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Christian Welch 15. Tim Glasby 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Vincent Leuluai 18. Mark Nicholls 19. Joe Stimson 20. Justin Olam 21. Brodie Croft

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

U20s Round 4
Wests Tigers v Storm at Leichhardt Oval, Sun 1:45pm

ISP NSW Round 4
Wests Tigers v Newtown (Sharks) at Campbelltown Stadium, Sat 3pm

ISC QLD Round 4 times AEST QLD local
Ipswich (Broncos) v Sunshine Coast (Storm) at North Ipswich Reserve, Sat 3pm
Easts (Storm) v Pride (Cowboys) at Suzuki Stadium, Langlands Park, Sun 12:40pm (Ch 9 QLD)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Clifferd

Coach
Lol we will trot out the same 17 that got rolled v raiders

Except Taylor in, probably Edwards out

Bench of Grant, Aloiai, Lovett and Littlejohn

Naiqama will play again

no accountability for poor performances

Fangs

Coach
Aww...

This game could get ugly.

But its a home game. Taylor and the team will want to save face. If Tedesco and Moses fire like 2016 this will be great to watch.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Aww...

This game could get ugly.

But its a home game. Taylor and the team will want to save face. If Tedesco and Moses fire like 2016 this will be great to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do step up for this game... we have seen them do it before...

But they need to be showing something more than 1 good game out of every 4 by now...

I'm at a loss.. I really thought this year would be different... stupid me...

WT Unity

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if they do step up for this game... we have seen them do it before...

But they need to be showing something more than 1 good game out of every 4 by now...

Yep - Feeling Stupid - You and me both - Conned again.....

They might step up at LO and then some will start to think it'll change. But we know it won't change long term (even medium term).

And to think Anthony Griffin applied for the coaching job and they gave it to Taylor...

What a Mistake!

WT Unity

Juniors
Lol we will trot out the same 17 that got rolled v raiders

Except Taylor in, probably Edwards out

Bench of Grant, Aloiai, Lovett and Littlejohn

Naiqama will play again

no accountability for poor performances

There has to be some accountability....Surely there has to be!

And can we have a bench that has some impact...even just a bit of impact! - The bench is far too weak and just offers nothing. It contributes to the debacle that occurs every week at the 28th minute mark. Lovett and Edwards off the bench is just a NOTHING proposition. Shake up the starting back-row, even start with Grant & Woods and have AVA, Felise, Aloiai off the bench. Maybe Sue back to the bench. If Idris is to come back then it could also be as an impact bench player.
Lovett - Never Again Please!

Clifferd

Coach
There has to be some accountability....Surely there has to be!

And can we have a bench that has some impact...even just a bit of impact! - The bench is far too weak and just offers nothing. It contributes to the debacle that occurs every week at the 28th minute mark. Lovett and Edwards off the bench is just a NOTHING proposition. Shake up the starting back-row, even start with Grant & Woods and have AVA, Felise, Aloiai off the bench. Maybe Sue back to the bench. If Idris is to come back then it could also be as an impact bench player.
Lovett - Never Again Please!

Lovett is the biggest joke I've seen wear our jersey right behind Rankin

He deadset gets belted every tackle & is minced meat for the opposition every time he runs the ball

I'm around the same age of Lovett and I reckon id have better impact, he has no muscle definition no size about him just a fat blob that gets chewed up and swallowed by opposition defense

Experience or no experience how Lovett got chosen over a young Tatola who would have loved to give 1st grade a red hot crack is beyond explanation

Perth Tiger

Bench
It is all well and good calling for players to be dropped but have you seen the reserved grade team! three floggings in a row. With Milone and Rankin probably being next in line for centre and halfs.

As bad as they are I would rather stick with Kev and Brooks than go back to that well.

But surely some of the rookie props must be worth a go rather than having a bench of back rowers.

BuffaloRules

Coach
It is all well and good calling for players to be dropped but have you seen the reserved grade team! three floggings in a row. With Milone and Rankin probably being next in line for centre and halfs.

As bad as they are I would rather stick with Kev and Brooks than go back to that well.

But surely some of the rookie props must be worth a go rather than having a bench of back rowers.

Yeah... the reserve grade looks to be struggling to...

But they have Felise and Marsters there right.... why even resign them if they are behind Lovett and Edwards whom we know are not up to it? At least they will be blooded at NRL level this year in what is looking to be another failed campaign....

My patience with Kev is at an end... he just doesn't understand defence and leaks tries every week... If he hasn't got it by now he is not going to get it...Put anyone else in...

Clifferd

Coach

Our reserves are getting a right flogging but players like Felise & Tatola would offer more impact than Edwards and Lovett for sure

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yeah definitely agree about Lovett and Edwards, which I why I said the rookie props are worth a look. It was more about the calls (justified but we just don't have anyone else) for dropping brooks, Kev and Chee Kam.

Even Idris has looked terrible in the time he has played and with his injury I doubt he could last 20 minutes at the moment

Tiger Ted

Bench
Right now we are pissweak right across the park & what's compounding this diabolical predicament is our lower grades r getting pulverised.Nothwithstanding this we MUST find more effective replacements for Kev Lovett Edwards Brooks & chee-kam !!

Tiger05

First Grade
How far have we regressed under Taylor. Seriously that guy came in and talked up his ability to fix things. He basically said "it's easy guys - we just need to be more professional". Our team looks weaker. Players haven't progressed. One of our gun players has been shafted although he was overpaid.

We need a new coach and probably to get rid of 3 of our top 4 at this point unless there are some massive changes this year.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Right now we are pissweak right across the park & what's compounding this diabolical predicament is our lower grades r getting pulverised.Nothwithstanding this we MUST find more effective replacements for Kev Lovett Edwards Brooks & chee-kam !!

Yes Ted,we are bad everywhere now......all over the park
left and right sides.centres particuarly.
Prop rotation as well.
halves useless.

Chee Kam is not a centre fullstop.
Lovett and Edwards no impact when starting props come off.
Im not sold on Aloiai either ,and Lawrence is going backwards..

I really feel sorry for the young winger Suli...I mean who is there to teach him????NOBODY.
Bad error by him on sunday.Coming infield to tackle ,then not going back to his wing to defend...Result TRYTIME for raiders.
intrust is pathetic......if Milone or Rancid is picked i will jump off the gap.honestly.
I will leave a suicide note blaming the Tigers selectors.

Lets try a young gun each game off the bench from now on.
Totola,JJ Felise and Marsters come to mind.
No backs to think of from Intrust,but we need to get Grace Jones out of the centres..Move him to wing.

My mate who doesnt follow any particular team told me we will be spooners at the start of the year..
I laughed at him.....what was i thinking.
Myself i predicted 13th......

Fangs

Coach

Well everything has changed now that Taylor has gone.

The second wind will come earlier than expected. I am expecting to see some fight from the Tigers this Sunday.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes Ted,we are bad everywhere now......all over the park
left and right sides.centres particuarly.
Prop rotation as well.
halves useless.

Chee Kam is not a centre fullstop.
Lovett and Edwards no impact when starting props come off.
Im not sold on Aloiai either ,and Lawrence is going backwards..

I really feel sorry for the young winger Suli...I mean who is there to teach him????NOBODY.
Bad error by him on sunday.Coming infield to tackle ,then not going back to his wing to defend...Result TRYTIME for raiders.
intrust is pathetic......if Milone or Rancid is picked i will jump off the gap.honestly.
I will leave a suicide note blaming the Tigers selectors.

Lets try a young gun each game off the bench from now on.
Totola,JJ Felise and Marsters come to mind.
No backs to think of from Intrust,but we need to get Grace Jones out of the centres..Move him to wing.

My mate who doesnt follow any particular team told me we will be spooners at the start of the year..
I laughed at him.....what was i thinking.
Myself i predicted 13th......
I also predicted no higher than 13th.I regretfully think ur mate is on the money.

We r a train wreck with a dysfunctional board & CEO who don't have the balls or shrewdness to make any right decisions !

I hope I'm wrong but I can c these pissants pandering to Isaac Moses !!!

Latest posts