What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burgess Boys

Smurf

Juniors
the lurker

Thoughts ?

The Dragons have joined the hunt for South Sydney’s man mountains Tom and George Burgess for 2017.

Last week I reported that Manly is interested in signing the English twins - and now the Dragons have entered the fray.

The Burgesses are ‘off’ at Souths after being golden boys - along with brother Sam - when the Rabbitohs took the premiership a couple of seasons ago.

Tom is playing in the NSW Cup, while George was named on the bench against the Knights last weekend before getting a late call-up into the starting side.

Coach Michael Maguire is said to be unhappy with the pair’s attitude, and his disposition would not have improved when George was sin binned at a crucial stage of the Knights game for ill-discipline.

The Dragons will have money to spend next year - and adding a couple of big blokes with go-forward is high on their wish list.

The Burgesses look like they need a change of clubs - and it’s just a question of where they end up in 2017 at this stage.

Redhoopz

Juniors
Can't really see any value... they haven't really progressed since they both came into first grade. For cheap $$$ they would be good in the Cutters!

The Doc

Juniors
I think if, and thats a big IF, they landed at the dragons they would be great.
Playing alongside packer, vaughan, LAM, JDB, frizz and thomo would see them pick there game back up.
They may not be superstars (and for that matter wouldnt cost much) but having two big boys like that wouldnt hurt.
Forwards grow another leg when they play in a pack that dominates.
Our pack atm can and does dominate.
Big upgrades on Marketo and Mathews etc.
Them two off the bench would be good imo.

mickeylane

Bench
We only be chasing oAron Woods for $750k.. That should be the ambition - he withdrew from signing his contract last week.. He would love the Gong and leading our forward pack w Vaughan
4 man power bench
Ah Mau
Simms
Packer
Leilua

SBD82

Coach
We only be chasing oAron Woods for $750k.. That should be the ambition - he withdrew from signing his contract last week.. He would love the Gong and leading our forward pack w Vaughan
4 man power bench
Ah Mau
Simms
Packer
Leilua
And if our 9 goes down? Nope.

He's not worth it. Don't want him. Our forward pack is finally sorted. Why would we spend that sort of money for someone who would give us no better service than what we are currently getting?

With 7 and 9 sorted, 6 and 1 need the money, with 2.3 and 4 in need of improvement.

BigBoss

Juniors
Massive no from me.

They have got to be the most clumsy, accident prone forwards out there now. The only reason they are still in first grade 'on and off' is because of their big brother.

George has got to be the worst I've seen. I can't remember a single game he hasn't f**ked up in.

mobels

Juniors
Yeah 0 chance this is true what so ever, were overstocked in props atm with Packer, Vaughan, Sims, Ah Mau, Host, Masoe, Lawrie, Kerr and Sele.

Were 100% not after any props and thats something you can tell by just looking at our roster, this is nothing but the usual whole bunch of crap from the Lurker.

Old Timer

Coach
Haven't we got better things to talk about than the Burgess brothers and Aaron Woods?
FFS more shit talk from crap journalists about over rated players we don't need
Let's talk about our club.

Latest posts