What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonslayer

First Grade
McGregor is 2 from 3 and 3rd on the ladder with for and against equal 2nd and only 4 behind the Storm, so very little chance he will be sacked any time soon. However, games 6-10 will be the determining factor IMO.
Jason Taylor had to go, team running last, for and against of -58 and already 100 points scored against.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
yeah losses will get him sacked. i don't think we will lose many games this year with our dominate foward pack tbh. i wanna see more wins tho

Bench
There's a dark cloud hanging over Kogarah. We might be stuck with Mary.
Here is the quandary. We make the 8 and Mary is given an extension.
We explode and get thrashed and finish out of the eight. Mary is booted.
What is best for our team

mickeylane

Bench
There's a dark cloud hanging over Kogarah. We might be stuck with Mary.
Here is the quandary. We make the 8 and Mary is given an extension.
We explode and get thrashed and finish out of the eight. Mary is booted.
What is best for our team
the team look very happy and close together - i cant see any ill feeling w the coaching structure...therefore i cant really see how McGregor will be sacked - especially when he's a local boy as well...i think at this point the board won't be replacing him unless theres a massive downturn in form and the forward pack we have won't allow that to happen...

Crush

Coach
The obsession with the coach on this forum is out of control. I honestly think that most people here are more intent on getting a new coach than winning games of football.
Who do you think is our savior?
Newsflash, dragons players are up and playing well. They aren't giving up like the tigers.
They don't have a halfback and still are winning games of footy.
I would love to see the forums side with dufty at 1, mann at 7, field at 6 side just to see them get lapped by 60.
2017 is looking OK. Get over the obsession about sacking the coach, board, captain. It aint gonna happen.
Just support the team.

Crush

Coach
McGregor is 2 from 3 and 3rd on the ladder with for and against equal 2nd and only 4 behind the Storm, so very little chance he will be sacked any time soon. However, games 6-10 will be the determining factor IMO.
Jason Taylor had to go, team running last, for and against of -58 and already 100 points scored against.
You think JT is gone because of his for and against and position on the ladder after round 3?
No way. He was pushed pushed out by the players. They hated him. That is all.

mickeylane

Bench
usually a very reliable source Brent Read...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 10.11.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 10.11.06 PM.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 36

Old Timer

Coach
The obsession with the coach on this forum is out of control. I honestly think that most people here are more intent on getting a new coach than winning games of football.
Who do you think is our savior?
Newsflash, dragons players are up and playing well. They aren't giving up like the tigers.
They don't have a halfback and still are winning games of footy.
I would love to see the forums side with dufty at 1, mann at 7, field at 6 side just to see them get lapped by 60.
2017 is looking OK. Get over the obsession about sacking the coach, board, captain. It aint gonna happen.
Just support the team.
Crush
Supporting the team doesn't mean you can't have your say about what you think is right for the club.
Supporting doesn't mean you have to be subordinate.
The result of winning a game should not mean that we just accept everything as is and on the table.
If that was the case the forum would be full of butterflies and smell like potpourri heaven forbid we need a bit of blood guts after all it is footy season.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
If Mary was confirmed for 2017 after his limitations were very apparent in 2016, now after two strong performances from the team there is no reason to think this board won't extend his contract.

Perhaps he has learned something from 2016 as he claimed a month or so back. Perhaps having Mark Coyne around has helped him. Perhaps being removed from recruitment has helped him. Certainly the recruitment under Milward seems to be much better.

But if Mary is to be retained I hope he can face up to the fact that while in Rd 1 McCrone's kicking game was good his ordinary kicking in Rd 2 contributed to the loss and his worse performance yesterday made the team work much harder for the victory.

I also want Mary to work on sorting out the defensive deficiencies in the Aitken/McDonald combination.

Finally for Kurt Mann to play just 8 minutes of footy in 3 rounds is seriously pathetic! Ok, Mary you're the coach! What's next for a quality player like Mann?