What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open letter to the Wests Tigers board

Front-Rower

First Grade
Might have been a great footballer but he is a major league dickhead with no integrity & has agendas.Anything this unscrupulous gump says is to b totally ignored !

Benny's the 'big 4 heads' best salesman. It's laughable trying to compare building a club around the two halves ala Melbourne. The club needs to build around Teddy if anyone.

Then to say letting Sironen go was a disgrace is a disgrace in itself. There was a stat on the fox coverage Saturday which showed that two other players (sorry I can't remember who) had more runs individually in the first two games than Sironen and the other manly back rower had combined.

Vozzy

Juniors
If tigers win start winning more then they lose with the assistant coach do you give him a shot. The bloke has nothing to lose.

I'm surprised that clubs always think because a guy played the game and was say a good player means he is a coach.

The best coaches/managers of all time Sir Alex Ferguson/Bill Belichek never played their sport but have balls to tell even the best players to f**k off if you don't do what I say. Alex Ferguson told Beckham Ronaldo told all these world class players to get the f**k out and he still won with less players. This is what we need someone to bring some players back down to earth.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
If tigers win start winning more then they lose with the assistant coach do you give him a shot. The bloke has nothing to lose.

If they do start winning also you gotta question if they tanked the last 2 games to get JT sacked in the first place which is downright disgraceful

I can honestly see us beating Storm this sunday, I have that feeling

Tiger05

First Grade
Benny's the 'big 4 heads' best salesman. It's laughable trying to compare building a club around the two halves ala Melbourne. The club needs to build around Teddy if anyone.

I hope that this doesn't stop with JT. Someone needs to look at the big 1 and the dud 3 and tell them this is what they are worth. If they don't like it they can go.

Woods is worth a decent props money but that is it. He is easily replaceable. Brooks & Moses could be good players but they aren't now. I'd like to keep all 3 but we should easily be able to retain these 3 on lowish wages and if we can't they should go elsewhere.

Tedesco is a special player but if he comes with the baggage of the dud 3 I'd even be happy to be rid of him.

The dud 3 and the big 1 on the money they are worth is fine. If we pay overs it stops us putting together a quality squad and that means we suffer for years.

Shredder

Juniors
I think its backloaded and forward loaded contracts.

Pinching out of the 20s cap -

And it doesnt help that we are paying, what about a $1mln for players not playing with us?

Plus, who knows if we actually HAVE the cash to spend the cap? I remember a few years ago we werent spending the full cap.

Its all these depth players that we have - that play first grade that are getting paid overs.

Its not just one player -

Tiger05

First Grade
We must have some overpaid players though. I watched the press conference and we definitely sound like we can spend the full cap. You are right in that having $1 million playing elsewhere is dumb but these guys should be off our books next year and that is when we need to sign contracts.

I just think there should be no more excuses based on the cap. I think Taylor had the squad he wanted but he made some poor decisions and looked like he had no plan so good riddance.

I think the same thing with the next coach and the players. Perform or go.

I think the biggest rot though appears to be players expecting to be paid overs.

Clifferd

Coach
Taylor didn't exactly have the squad he wanted, he still inherited some of the mess left from previous coaches however I think the board was finally fed up with all his bullshit about improvements when in actual fact, we've had minimal or maybe even gone backwards

WHoever the coach is next year will have free reign as we literally have a whole salary cap to spend

Tiger Ted

Bench
Taylor didn't exactly have the squad he wanted, he still inherited some of the mess left from previous coaches however I think the board was finally fed up with all his bullshit about improvements when in actual fact, we've had minimal or maybe even gone backwards

WHoever the coach is next year will have free reign as we literally have a whole salary cap to spend
In particular our consistently appalling defence & consistent siesta @ the 30-35 min mark !

The buck stops with the pissant coach who emphasised the necessary focus on improving our feeble defence.He abjectly failed & betrayed the most significant player to play for the WT a guy who spilt blood for the club.The grub Taylor has no ethics & was glaringly unfit to ever b head coach particularly of a club like ours which transparently has an illiterate rugby league board ! It's y Hasler is our best hope of becoming a competitive force in short-medium term.

Tiger05

First Grade

I thought Woods spoke well here. He also can see how stupid the big 4 comments are. He also said that he should discuss his contract with his wife and his manager and not the other 3 players.

I like the guy and he is a good player. I just have massive concerns over how much he is getting paid.

Latest posts