What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NOOZE... 3 NRL clubs facing fines.

cb4

First Grade
I think there was a No7 in last years Grand Final that would not of been allowed to continue if it happened in the current rounds of the NRL. And I am not talking Cronk.

As a matter of fact Jimmy kicked the first 2 points of the GF as a result of the wack.
Bukuya was also out cold as well.

Card Shark

Immortal
Trouble is, a player cops a high shot & has to go off, & possibly stay off.

Perpetrator of the high shot doesn't get penalised as unless it's a reportable offence,video ref no longer is allowed to intervene.

The dragons No4 that put the shoulder into Lewis' & Chad's heads, should be on report!

southland

Juniors
The research into the long term effects of concussion on NFL players does not bode well for the future of contact sports.

At least the NRL are making changes. Far from perfect obviously but a step in right dircetion.

The injury list for the 2017 season is sickening after 3 rds...

Stake Removed

First Grade
The only way the fine works make it hit the clubs salary cap for next year, they will be less likely to run the risk

Inferno

Coach
The reality is they need to go with independent doctors both from a player welfare perspective and from a stop coaches rorting it for a free interchange perspective,

People say well the club doctors know the player's medical history better fine, they can sit with the independent doctor and provide their 2 cents but the final decision should rest with the non-aligned doctor.

For Origin and finals have two independent doctors and the club doctor and simple majority will determine whether the players comes off.

It is a no brainer.

ghoti

Bench
The reality is they need to go with independent doctors both from a player welfare perspective and from a stop coaches rorting it for a free interchange perspective,

People say well the club doctors know the player's medical history better fine, they can sit with the independent doctor and provide their 2 cents but the final decision should rest with the non-aligned doctor.

For Origin and finals have two independent doctors and the club doctor and simple majority will determine whether the players comes off.

It is a no brainer.
It is absolutely crazy that such an important role be allowed to be performed by a club doctor...So open for abuse and the fines are no surprise at all. Independent doc and an 18th man are two sensible options I think

PHaTMaN

Juniors
It would help if they started to actually penalise players that hit the opposing players head. I think the NRL has a duty of care to the players and by letting players get away with high shots they are being negligent.

Sharkman

Juniors
It would help if they started to actually penalise players that hit the opposing players head. I think the NRL has a duty of care to the players and by letting players get away with high shots they are being negligent.
I've always believed a act of foul play resulting in concussion with the player taken off deserves at least 10 in the bin.

But how does that not get rorted by unscrupulous clubs?

As stupid as the punching rule is, you can't argue that you throw a punch.

We need to fix that part of the game.

Inferno

Coach
Paul Kent was having a dig at us last night essentially claiming that Wade Graham was faking it after getting his HIA following getting hit in the melon with the ball.

I suppose a dumb kent like him probably doesn't realise Wade plays 80mins most weeks.

Card Shark

Immortal
Seriously, how dumb are the Knights doing this!!

They just gave James McManus more ammunition to be successful in his litigation - James says "there is a culture of not upholding player welfare your honour".

How f**king dumb are they!!

Chimp

Juniors
Haha

Another commentator bagging us...f**k it must hurt that we are premiers!!
This is the same Paul Kent that said a couple of weeks ago on a Triple M we only win games and ultimately the Premiership last year by being offside all game, every game - we do it because the we know the refs will stop blowing penalties as they don't want to be seen to have blown 50 penalties a game.
Us winning the whole thing will have really stung him and the massive weapon Hooper.

shaggs

Coach
This is the same Paul Kent that said a couple of weeks ago on a Triple M we only win games and ultimately the Premiership last year by being offside all game, every game - we do it because the we know the refs will stop blowing penalties as they don't want to be seen to have blown 50 penalties a game.
Us winning the whole thing will have really stung him and the massive weapon Hooper.
I thought was Paul Crawley. Ricky's best mate. His brother works for the raiders

Latest posts