What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers on the Hunt for New Coach.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Webster has the role for the interim and the official word is that the job is his to lose.

Because the Wests Tigers are such a shambles financially the club is hoping to hell he turns out to be decent and at the same time have a coach the "Big Four" are happy with at a fraction of the price of an established coach.

At this point the Tigers are paying over 1.2 million dollars to people outside of the organization. This sort of mismanagement was meant to stop. We were told this was going to stop!

Seriously, the board has members who does not know who the current State of Origin Coach is, the dressing room is owned by a bunch of kids who have achieved NOTHING yet, and we are paying the equivalent of a top tier marque player to people outside of the organization.

The coach is a start, but the joint needs a broom and all this dead weight needs to be purged.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always found the boards silence on the RF/JT feud disturbing,the fact the board let it fester and didn't address it reeks of how unprofessional our club is.The board,coach and players all need to be on the same page,it's called being professional something our club struggles with.
Pascoe described the decision to let Farah go as a decision made by the coaching staff in yesterday's press conference.

He took the opportunity to lump all that shit on Taylor's neck while they booted him out the door. This board has a knack for being completely shithouse while managing to not have any shit stick to them.

They never should have hired Taylor. They never should have sacked Potter. They never should have let the Farah/Taylor fued to go public or get out of hand.

But they're a mob of clueless merkins who couldn't find a dumb merkin despite sitting in a room of mirrors.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, so it's broom time.

Board - All members must go. Do not hire anyone who has played or worked with the club in any capacity at any point in time for these roles.

Retention and recruitment team - All gone.
Finance team (who manage the Cap) - All gone
Defence coaches for NRL side - All gone
Attack coaches for NRL side - All gone

Players - Stop retaining players for the NRL side who aren't NRL quality. Start making tough decisions

Time to move on:
Naiqama
Rankin
Idris
Chee Kam
McIlwrick
Ballin
Lawrence
Edwards
Lovett

We should spend this season and the next doing a proper rebuild. Clean out this year. rebuild next year.

Moses and Brooks to be retained with neither being paid more than 250k each.

If they don't like it, fine, we have Littlejohn to replace one already.

I personally think Jason Taylor was a scapegoat of the board. The board clearly needed someone to distract the fans from their incompetence and threw Jason Taylor under the bus.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Taylor was an example of the board's incompetence. WHile he is undoubtedly a scapegoat, he should never have been hired in the first place.

Who hires a near rookie coach to an NRL side full of rookies, in transition and rebuilding? It's only going to end in shit.

They had the right coach in Potter, but tied his hands and left him out to dry to back Farah.

Then they stabbed Farah in the back and sided with Taylor.

Now they've stabbed Taylor in the back.

Fact is, it's not the coaches or players that are the problem. It's the f**king idiots doing the hiring and firing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard Cleary has the gig all but nailed down and could be at the club within a week or two to look over the structures and work on making changes.

Hasler is in the sights but seemingly too expensive.

Toovey not considered as he has a coaching gig over in the UK now and he's a loyal bloke that will see out his contract before he considers any other offers.

Das Hassler

Bench
Didn't Taylor have Brian Smith's support as potters replacement with him knowing better than anyone the club had to rebuild?...i may have heard it wrong but i don't think so

I've heard Cleary has the gig all but nailed down and could be at the club within a week or two to look over the structures and work on making changes.

Hasler is in the sights but seemingly too expensive.

Toovey not considered as he has a coaching gig over in the UK now and he's a loyal bloke that will see out his contract before he considers any other offers.

Shame really about Tooves, he'd be the best bet to reign in the player power I'd reckon. I reckon he'd also not be afraid to tell the board to f**ken butt out.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd be stoked with Cleary as the coach. I'm not sold on any coach in the league at this point but Cleary to me is worth a shot.

We need to fix our cap and not stuff it up again.

Das Hassler

Bench
Hasler may have been expensive in the short term but the investment would have still been paying off long after he left..the much cited club culture/ mindset

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Cleary for two years works.

Any longer than that and its too much and we are tempted to be in the same boat again.

Let him work out two years and see if the place improves. We dont need to win a comp FFS just not have the worst D in the league would be a good start.

But we CANT fire the next coach. Fi we fire another one we are going to end up with Liam Fulton coaching...

Tiger05

First Grade
Can you imagine Fulton coaching ?

I like 2 years for whoever we get. That is enough time to make a decision if we re-new or not. We need to have the mindset that we are the ones with the bargaining chips.

Shredder

Juniors
Exactly -

Im sick of us begging.

Also, we need to take all contract offers off the table for players.

No sense in signing guys up tht the new coach doesnt want.

Tiger05

First Grade
Exactly -

Im sick of us begging.

Also, we need to take all contract offers off the table for players.

No sense in signing guys up tht the new coach doesnt want.

It's this simple. Start playing hard ball if anyone is trying to f**k us over. We act like we like being f**ked up the backside.

I would sign Tedesco because every team needs at least one gun player and Teddy fits the bill. Woods is a great prop on prop dollars. Moses and Brooks shouldn't have contracts offered to them until we sort out our coach and we know if we are keeping Tedesco or not. Make Tedesco our no 1 issue. No contracts above $500k per year should be offered to anyone until we know if we have Tedesco or not. If the player manager wants a package deal say no problems - $1 million for teddy and $50k each for the other 3.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Okay, so it's broom time.

Board - All members must go. Do not hire anyone who has played or worked with the club in any capacity at any point in time for these roles.

Retention and recruitment team - All gone.
Finance team (who manage the Cap) - All gone
Defence coaches for NRL side - All gone
Attack coaches for NRL side - All gone

Players - Stop retaining players for the NRL side who aren't NRL quality. Start making tough decisions

Time to move on:
Naiqama
Rankin
Idris
Chee Kam
McIlwrick
Ballin
Lawrence
Edwards
Lovett

We should spend this season and the next doing a proper rebuild. Clean out this year. rebuild next year.

Moses and Brooks to be retained with neither being paid more than 250k each.

If they don't like it, fine, we have Littlejohn to replace one already.

Madunit agree on all of those you mentioned....
Have another one to add though...Milone.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Every media outlet has a different story, there's another article going around (I think in the Australian) saying the club has told the players they might take upto 2 months to appoint a coach. It's hard to know what's bullshit and what's not

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Cleary for two years works.

Any longer than that and its too much and we are tempted to be in the same boat again.

Let him work out two years and see if the place improves. We dont need to win a comp FFS just not have the worst D in the league would be a good start.

But we CANT fire the next coach. Fi we fire another one we are going to end up with Liam Fulton coaching...

Liam Futon.......hahahahahahaha
Surely we cant stoop that low????Was he around when Simona was doing the cocaine?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
It's this simple. Start playing hard ball if anyone is trying to f**k us over. We act like we like being f**ked up the backside.

I would sign Tedesco because every team needs at least one gun player and Teddy fits the bill. Woods is a great prop on prop dollars. Moses and Brooks shouldn't have contracts offered to them until we sort out our coach and we know if we are keeping Tedesco or not. Make Tedesco our no 1 issue. No contracts above $500k per year should be offered to anyone until we know if we have Tedesco or not. If the player manager wants a package deal say no problems - $1 million for teddy and $50k each for the other 3.

Tiger05..People see to be forgetting Nofa.....Hes number 2 to sign in my book.