What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks fellas

callmack1

Staff member
How did you end up being a Souths supporter and how is it received by other NZers?
I have been supporting Souths as long as I can remember. My parents, although they watched and enjoyed league, were never really passionate about it, they were more into motorsport especially my Dad. However my cousins were real keen on league and were passionate Rabbitohs supporters. Therefore my love of this great club has grown from them. I used to go over to their house and watch the games. I have supported Souths through the highs and lows ever since and I've been a member for a while now.

It's recieved okay over here, there are a lot of Souths supporters but people expect you to like the Warriors. Sometimes I'll be talking about League to someone and I'll say "us" or "we" and they assume I'm talking about the Warriors until I correct them haha. People do think it's strange that I'm so passionate about Souths when I'm not even from aussie but I'd take a Souths win over an All Blacks win any day! I get a bit of shit but other than that, it's not recieved too bad.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
You can't have liked it that much.

You didn't even remember what decade it was.

the steelers and saints deserved to merge together becoz they put up no resistance to the nrl unlike souths did, so both these clubs are tailor made for each other they went to jelly no ballzzz....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
they are general facts in rugby league if you follow the game closely,The merge stings with being butt hurt doesn"t it...Shadow...

alien

Referee
I don't think Illawarra had the funds to survive on their own in a national comp. I didn't mind the Steelers. It would have made more sense to merge them with Cronulla, because their territories are right next to each other.
Cronulla Illawarra Sharks. Lol.

SBD82

Coach
I don't think Illawarra had the funds to survive on their own in a national comp. I didn't mind the Steelers. It would have made more sense to merge them with Cronulla, because their territories are right next to each other.
Cronulla Illawarra Sharks. Lol.
This place is insane.

How is it possible that you are the voice of reason in here?

Except the sharks thing. Ewwww

SBD82

Coach
they are general facts in rugby league if you follow the game closely,The merge stings with being butt hurt doesn"t it...Shadow...
The merge doesn't sting. I am a proud dragons supporter. I feel no need to shit on the history of other clubs to make me feel good about my own.

Why do you feel like you need to do that? It's awfully childish.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
The merge doesn't sting. I am a proud dragons supporter. I feel no need to shit on the history of other clubs to make me feel good about my own.

Why do you feel like you need to do that? It's awfully childish.

The merge butthurt stings because i have a lot of stgeorge and steelers mates and they are spitting chips till this day so talk straight mate if you can i know the stinging never stopped since you merged the truth hurts i know, you should had done something to save your club or clubs as in saints and steelers maybe you can in the future...Shadow...

SBD82

Coach
The merge butthurt stings because i have a lot of stgeorge and steelers mates and they are spitting chips till this day so talk straight mate if you can i know the stinging never stopped since you merged the truth hurts i know, you should had done something to save your club or clubs as in saints and steelers maybe you can in the future...Shadow...
If they're your "mates" I'm not surprised that their butthurt stings.

Happily, I don't share their affliction.

southsport

First Grade
If they're your "mates" I'm not surprised that their butthurt stings.

Happily, I don't share their affliction.

I didn't get to see the game against the sharks, you must have been happy though. I assume McInnes went well, what are your opinions.

SBD82

Coach
I didn't get to see the game against the sharks, you must have been happy though. I assume McInnes went well, what are your opinions.
He was excellent. Played 80 and gave quality service throughout. Our forwards look organised and he takes very good options.

Defensively great, especially for someone playing 80. He and Vaughan have made a massive improvement to our middle 3rd.