What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

LazyDreamer

Bench
Burgess should have had an additional charge of bringing the game into disrepute, based on his embarrassing attempts to land a punch after the elbow.

skeepe

Immortal
So does anyone have any footage of this mystery trip that Whitehead has been charged for?

Given some of the violent trips that have escaped with a grade one, it must have been awful to be given a grade two, yet nobody even noticed it.

some11

Referee
So does anyone have any footage of this mystery trip that Whitehead has been charged for?
55:18 on the game clock, not as blatant as shithead Reynolds' trips but still sticks his leg out.

fqn25Bv.png

nick87

Coach
Where does he stick his leg out to intentionally trip?
He comes in hard and fast, is bumped off and that's about it. If a trip occurred, and I genuinely don't think I can see one, it's accidental and surely not worthy of a grade 2 charge.

I expect the raiders will be able to fight this and win it fairly easily

thorson1987

Coach
He comes in hard and fast, is bumped off and that's about it. If a trip occurred, and I genuinely don't think I can see one, it's accidental and surely not worthy of a grade 2 charge.

Doesn't look like he has been bumped at all.

If anything it looks like he has lost his footing or gone for a slide tackle.

Need a view from the other side where he is in view for a bit longer.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Id cop a grade 1 for that but grade 2 seems like a bit of an over charge. Im biased obviously but i feel like players have done worse trips and got lower gradings

The laws of the game merely state a player is guilty of misconduct if he -

(a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

So "intentional" has nothing to do with the matter and arguing against the charge on that basis alone would see any defence fail.

Did he deserve to be charged and the grading he was slapped with? I've no idea as I did not see the incident.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Id cop a grade 1 for that but grade 2 seems like a bit of an over charge. Im biased obviously but i feel like players have done worse trips and got lower gradings

Just because they stuffed up Reynolds' charges in the past doesn't mean this isn't a grade 2. Don't do it in the first place it's ridiculously dangerous

AJB1102

First Grade
I'll be interested to see what Reynold's charges are throughout the season. You know he's gonna.

nick87

Coach
I notice Thurston avoided a charge for attacking the legs of a kicker

I thought that shit needed to be rubbed out and that shit could end careers?

nick87

Coach
The laws of the game merely state a player is guilty of misconduct if he -

So "intentional" has nothing to do with the matter and arguing against the charge on that basis alone would see any defence fail.

Did he deserve to be charged and the grading he was slapped with? I've no idea as I did not see the incident.

Fair enough then. I don't see how it's a grade 2 given what's been handed down before for intentional and clear kicking actions but if that's how the rule is written so be it, we'll have to wear it I suppose

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Just because they stuffed up Reynolds' charges in the past doesn't mean this isn't a grade 2. Don't do it in the first place it's ridiculously dangerous

One of the fundamentals of a fair judicial system is consistency from precedent. It's ridiculous that a player can't cite precedent and gives the nrl judiciary all the credibility of a kangaroo court.

lockyno1

Post Whore
One of the fundamentals of a fair judicial system is consistency from precedent. It's ridiculous that a player can't cite precedent and gives the nrl judiciary all the credibility of a kangaroo court.

I'm happy the Match Review Committee have come down hard on this. The amount of times a trip is said to be an 'accident' is a load of hogswash. You only have to get it slightly wrong and cause a rather major injury to a player. I'd say the same if it was a Brisbane player doing it. It should be a suspension for a trip.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm happy the Match Review Committee have come down hard on this. The amount of times a trip is said to be an 'accident' is a load of hogswash. You only have to get it slightly wrong and cause a rather major injury to a player. I'd say the same if it was a Brisbane player doing it. It should be a suspension for a trip.

The MRC should be consistent and nothing more. Thats all one can ask from a judicial system. Its why the players should be able to argue precedent.

I dont know how anyone can justify inconsistency from a judiciary. That makes the punishments arbitrary and based on factors outside of the incident

lockyno1

Post Whore
The MRC should be consistent and nothing more. Thats all one can ask from a judicial system. Its why the players should be able to argue precedent.

I dont know how anyone can justify inconsistency from a judiciary. That makes the punishments arbitrary and based on factors outside of the incident

Every case is different. Precedent only comes in for the same things basically. If you think your player is not guilty, challenge it at the judiciary. I doubt you will get off, it was blatant.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Every case is different. Precedent only comes in for the same things basically. If you think your player is not guilty, challenge it at the judiciary. I doubt you will get off, it was blatant.

It was no worse than similar trips that got lower gradings. Thats my point